Stupid stuff that comes to mind that we want to post

Don't
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - One Piece Thread

Get up and Jump
Reminder that The Rolling Stones kicked out a member for being “not handsome enough” while the Beatles kicked out their most handsome member for being shit, and yet the Rolling Stones are supposed to be the “Edgier Less corporate band”
Don't
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Get up and Jump
@TheHappySpaceman  
Ian Stewart  
Mick Taylor on the other hand left on his because he thought The other members were shitty on a technical level and that the Rollings Stones was holding him back artistically, also because Keith was a junkie asshole
Don't

Get up and Jump
It’s pretty hilarious how The rolling stones and Beatles managed to make the most critically acclaimed albums despite not knowing anything about Music Theory
Don't

Get up and Jump
@TheHappySpaceman  
Only conservative ones taught by assholes who refuse to accept that the world changed since the 1700’s, a lot of theories are actually pretty liberal, just not ones taught in music universities
Don't

Get up and Jump
@Selaphiel  
That’s actually a huge problem in Art and Music schools where a lot of them are too focused on the Technical aspect without teaching people to find their own style

I understand why Art school encourages starting out with photorealism because it improves other styles, the problem is that way too many art schools teaches that Photorealism is the only “Vaild” form of art and everything else is low brow.
Background Pony #C85F
@Selaphiel
That’s actually a huge problem in Art and Music schools where a lot of them are too focused on the Technical aspect without teaching people to find their own style
I understand why Art school encourages starting out with photorealism because it improves other styles, the problem is that way too many art schools teaches that Photorealism is the only “Vaild” form of art and everything else is low brow.

True indeed. However, there comes a point where illustrations don’t fit into either the realism nor classicism/stylized ways, and thus aren’t fit to be legitimately called art. Examples: Anything by Jackson Pollock, modern minimalist works, and (maybe) cubism.
DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

I didn’t know there was such thing as “music theory”.
It would be like trying to treat art and poetry as science and math.

If something works, there’s usually a reason beyond “the person who made it is just a wizard.” I’m self-taught, but learning theory made me an objectively better composer.

I think people hate things like music theory because it clashes with a romanticized idea of what talent and creativity are like.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide