Star Wars General

Darth Prime
You are being deceived - Derpi Supporter
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Patron
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

@Meanlucario
Yes, I watched the video and I will transcribe what was said to make sure we heard the same thing.
Although fans love the Old Republic and the idea of multiple Jedi-Sith Wars, that’s wasn’t what really what George Lucas had visioned. There’s an excellent StarWars.com article which is called the “An Oral History of Episode I” and in that George Lucas talks about his original idea for The Sith, this is his quote: “Everyone said ‘Oh, well there was war between the Jedi and the Sith’. Well, that never happened, that’s just made up by fans or somebody. What really happened was the Sith ruled the universe, 2000 years ago, each Sith has an apprentice, but the problem was each Sith got too powerful, and the Situ would try to kill each other.” Now to be fair, you can read George Lucas’s quote holistically with the Star Wars history, that’s part of the reason why KOTOR take place 4000 years ago, and why the Darth Bane Trilogy take place when the do. But, it’s pretty clear, that the idea of repeated wars between the Jedi and the Sith, while canon to Legands, through Tales of The Jedi, KOTOR, and more, were not how George Lucas saw thing.
Now, yes, things like KOTOR and other things that depict big Jedi vs Sith wars aren’t how Lucas my have seen things, but he said his vision for the Sith’s rule was about 2000 years ago, whereas other Sith Wars are set before and after that point, as Ecks himself pointed out in the very video you are touting, thus there is leeway for those things to still fit in.
But my main is how Lucas decanonizing, as you keep calling it, is different from Disney’s.
Though Lucas had a different vision of accident Sith than what’s in the EU, he didn’t stop any of the books, comics, and games from being made, the EU was allowed to do it’s own thing, and, as previously mentioned, there was leeway, room, to fit other stories around it.
Disney, in contrast, did actually decanonizing, wiping the slate clean, then declaring everything going foward would be canon, which they’ve done a… negligent job of.
I simply cannot see how Lucas having a different vision than the EU on accident history but still allowing other people to write about and explore, is the same thing as Disney’s nuclear option.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
There are reports coming in that the Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic remake has been put on hold indefinitely.
Apparently they showed a demo to Lucasfilm and Sony recently and neither of them were happy with the progress on it so far.
Darth Prime
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -

A thought just occurred to me: “Many Bothans died to bring us this information.”
So Mon Mothma is very shook up saying that line so does that mean more Bothans died than people at Scarif?
Cause a lot a lot of people died getting the original Death Star plans and the fact Mon Mothma has to point out the high Bothan casualties implies those were heavier than Scarif.
I almost feel like the next Special Edition of ROTJ needs to add a line after Mon Mothma’s famous one going “Was it more than Scarif?”
And that’s not even getting in to that Endor was a trap that it was staged whereas Scarif was legit.
Darth Prime
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -

@Meanlucario
Bothans aren’t a great race they tend to be depicted as assholes.
I was listening to the first Rouge Squadron book and Wedge and some of his guys are talking about how they like to throw around their big contribution finding out about the DSII but ignore or dismiss the fact it was trap.
Background Pony #FDD6
The cast of the prequels do their best with the script, but Lawrence Olivier couldn’t make “I hate sand. It’s coarse and rough and it gets everywhere” work.
blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

🌸🍜⛩️🇯🇵
I just finished binging “Star Wars: Droids”, making it my second Star Wars series that I saw beginning to end (the other being “The Mandalorian”).
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide