Star Wars General

Darth Prime
You are being deceived - Derpi Supporter
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Patron
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

@tehwatever
No I haven’t.
When I say “You’re taking about the movie…” the movie I’m talking about is The Force Awaken which is the subject of discussion specifically it’s wasted potential in it’s bizarre choice in using it’s characters and the actors cast for those roles.
I am pointing something that goes along with your point to explain that that is simply par for the course of that movie that it’s standard for it and the others in this Trilogy.
Duh.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Darth Prime
Oh. Then I missed your point.
But you see? you don’t even know who these actors are.
Considering somebody somewhere DECIDED on giving these not-so-random-but-still-relatively-obscure indonesian pencak silat stars a cameo in the same scene with freaking Harrison Ford, meant that somebody somewhere was a big kungfu cinema fan.
So it’s a bit weird I havent yet seen a proper Kungfu movie set in SW universe. It wouldn’t even be that hard to justify imo, considering the major influence of asian oriental mysticism and aesthetic on the franchise in general.
Darth Prime
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -

@tehwatever
It’s possible it/they were meant to be something set for something someone else could have picked up on later like the Knights of Ren were supposed to be.
JJ has a thing for coming up with stuff and leaving it for someone else to figure out like with Lost where his involvement stops at the pilot.
But that might be given him/them/whoever too much credit comparing these guys to the Knights of Ren concept.
tehwatever
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Dex Stewart
Nice!
Donnie Yen, Scott Adkins, GSP (He already acted in MCU) and Iko Uwais (same role maybe, idc) why not. SW spin-off but everybdoy just kung-fu fighting.
If Mando was basically western cowboy in Spess, there can be a Samurai Wuxia series in Spess too.
Ayo ngl that Ahsoka duel scene in Mando was FULL kungfu yo. more of that, but with like, extra violence and top tier stunt actors.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I think the one reason why I love Mando so much is because he’s only slightly less clueless than I am on the Star Wars franchise in general, so he’s a really good noob audience surrogate.
Ya boy running around going “Who? What? Is this Jedi?” For the entirety of the two seasons was hilarious.
So for me, who only seen the movies but never other materials like Legends or Disney Canon series, novels, comics and other media, Mando is a good perspective from which I can see the story unfold.
What Mando doesn’t know, I don’t know. So expositions that would have been confirmations, reminders, conflicting info or retcon for seasoned viewers sound very new to Mando and consequently, news to me, too.
Darth Prime
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -

@tehwatever
Which is what would have made sense to do with Rey who had spent her whole life on some dusty ball at the ass end of nowhere picking junk form the last war (which obviously couldn’t have been just one of many battles since Jakku is in the movie it just HAD to be wreckage of the last big battle of the war).
She could have been someone ignorant kid who can have things explained to her by Han Solo (whom she already knew about apparently cause she likes starships and she watched Solo where he makes The Kessel Run) who fought in that war and has an inside track with the New Republic and Finn who as a Stromtrooper (albeit a very low ranking one) can or could have explained things about the First Order.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Finn doesn’t seem as low ranking as I initially thought, tho. His melee skills seemed elite level. Tonfa guy dropped shield and blaster just to duel him? That to me seemed way too personal. These two fought before, prolly in training.
Dude picked up a saber and held his own against what was arguably the BEST saber wielder within a lightyear radius. And if Kylo’s fight with Stoke’s Red Army was any indication, then Kylo was REALLY good.
He also finally fought a fully armored Phasma while being unarmored himself, wielding the Tonfa. He was very competent with it. Matter fact Finn seemed to gain competence when it comes to close combat.
I dare Finn by the end of TLJ smokes Mando Season 2 at melee combat. Finn seemed way to good to just have been a mere grunt. He must have been ELITE at least at some aspect.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Darth Prime
Wiki says he do have potential tho, not to mention being Force sensitive. Top of the class in combat skills but Finn was garbage at actually being a Trooper so maybe that’s why never risen in rank.
Explains why he shoots and swings way better than the average troopers despite his grunt status.
@Goku Black
Kinda agree. But I’d rather he not be trained the Jedi way. Let Rey be the Jedi but Finn coulda been actual Main Character.
silbasa
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

Hum dum dum dum hurrr durrr durrr duuuuuurrrr….
Holy Maloney. What a rough show Boba Fett was. They must have run into extensive production trouble, something went wrong somewhere here. It’s not up to spec.
Boba Fett episodes: 4/10. Rough. Somewhat boring at times. Bad directing. Even the finale. Boba is off his rockers most of the time and just says yes to everything, no matter how tactically unsound it may be.
Mando episodes were fine, standard Mando. Odd that they are in Bobas show though.
At least Boba will be a very good mayor now, he has many new pals and a rancor.
The end.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Mando showing up in other people’s shows and turning it into his show will be a recurring joke in future Didney Star Wars projects, you watch.
Ya boy and Baby Yoda is the new Face of the franchise. Good bye Rey, your era was not only short-lived but also contentious.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide