Star Wars General

Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Darth Prime
I’m aware what you were replying to. That’s why I said that it sounded like you are saying BoBF confirmed BB. That’s what happens when you say “confirmed” rather than “will appear.”
I have no idea, my memory is terrible. I will say that I was puzzled by your comment since I assumed that you knew it was canon. Guess I was right, but your phasing still confused me.
Dex Stewart
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
Do you think they’ll try to do a live action adaptation of anything from Clone Wars? Not spinoffs, but straight recreation the show.
Darth Prime
You are being deceived - Derpi Supporter
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Patron
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

@Meanlucario
I can’t say anything about the other times but anything beats “somehow” it’s also funny TROS suggests Palpatine’s millennia old evil and Dark Empire implies he’s a lives for centuries with his clone resurrection trick.
Also hey Luke’s doing Force projection!

Better used here I’d say used better
And like it comes down to a Force Bond.

Expect the Force Bond actually matters is what defeats him here instead of just one character who has/is “All the Jedi” and turning a “Dark Side Storm” Palpatine unleashed and can’t control back on him is slightly better than reflecting the Lightning that he’s shooting and could have just doing at anytime back at him.
Darth Prime
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -

@Meanlucario
Yes I know you experience Star Wars in the best possible way: watching videos of people talking about it.
But I prefer the lame way of actually watching reading (or listening now that I’m doing audiobooks) things for myself and forming my own opinions of it.
And I will get to the other parts of Dark Empire when I feel like it.
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Darth Prime
It’s almost like I enjoy these reviews more than the books. Helps that Eck is much more enjoyable to listen to than you. Helps that he often criticizes the things he likes, making it more enjoyable to hear.
@Dex Stewart
That’s Thanotos you should say that to. I have no issue with the comics, for the most part.
Darth Prime
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -

@Meanlucario
Almost as if you’re fascinated by Star Wars but only really experience it second hand then act like an expert on the subject after watching one video on a subject.
Not that watching videos that explain things better is inherently wrong we all do it it’s the latter part that’s the problem.
I criticize the things I like.
I like Star Wars and I criticize the Sequel Trilogy which is a part of Star Wars.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Darth Prime
I’m not being “an expert,” though. I’m just saying what I’ve heard and am being clear that it’s second-hand knowledge.
And unlike you, Eck and Cory aren’t afraid to criticize the old stuff, especially the stuff they like and love, which is why they do more to make me interested in Legends than you ever did. They don’t end every criticism of Legends with “well, at least it isn’t that sin known as The Sequels.”
Darth Prime
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -

@Meanlucario
I was just expressing my own feeling of Dark Empire that is how this started.
Of how I find it funny how the Squeals, mostly just The Raise of Skywalker, ended up being a lamer versions of that.
Then you hit with second-hand account of “Nah it’s actually worse”, as if trying to convince me I’m wrong, with something that’s not even your own opinion.
Let me be clear that that I have never intended to make you interested in anything, I have only expressed my opinions, my feelings on thing; the things I like and dislike.
I do not care what you find interesting or not. People can express their opinions, they can take interest in other’s, disagree with it, whatever, ultimately what actually matters, what should matter, is their own opinions; that they should not need the approval of others, nor force it others to validate it.
And my opinion is: Yes, I hate the Sequel Trilogy, a lot.
It is an extremely disappointing, hollow mess, that squandered any potential it had.
It is a big blockbuster movie Trilogy, which had a massive budge, and (despite what Kathleen Kenny thinks) a near 40 years of expended stories to draw on for inspiration, to find things work and learn from the things that didn’t.
As well as Lucas’s scripts which they could have liked to for some idea, not saying all of it, but someone could have found something in there that might have worked (but then Disney probably would have had to pay him for his idea, and the certain don’t want do that).
Meaning, they have no excuse for them to have ended up being the massive mess that they are, no excuse for the lack of a cohesive narrative.
And being such a big mainstream film trilogy means it’s not the same as some dumb book or comic which can just be ignored or even retconned away, it means it’s the most rock solid of canons, and that far more people were exposed to expose to it.
It has left an uncertain future, in-universe future even, since it just ended the same way the OT, one person left to rebuild the Jedi Order (and also the New New Republic needs some patching up too) which is also what they also need to do for post-ROTJ, which they seem to be focus on now, instead of post-TROS/Resistance Era stuff, since it would basically be the same thing; the Sequel Trilogy has lead to a dead end.
Yes I don’t like the Squeals, and I will continue to express that feeling whenever I want to.
I don’t care what you say, I don’t care Eck says, I don’t care what anyone says regardless of their stance, whether they’re for them or against them, I don’t care what dumb things happened in Legends, because there is most likely (I won’t say absolutely) nothing that is ever going to change my mind, my feelings, on those movies, and stop from expressing those feelings.
Latecomer

Regarding Dark Empire… I was in the odd position where, reading just the books and not the comics, I knew all this stuff had happened between the Thrawn and Academy trilogies, but there was just a hole in the timeline there. A bit puzzling…
(Also, some of my first books were the Han Solo Trilogy, which were some of the last Bantam ones written and pulled together almost every reference to Han’s backstory published over the 90s. So I was exposed to most of those “backwards”. Not to even mention me having no idea what was going on when the last book left room for the first Han Solo trilogy…)
Background Pony #56AD
Is there a Star Wars series on Disney Junior, like how “Spidey and his Amazing Friends” is a Marvel show for preschoolers?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide