Star Wars General

tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

I agree.
But a good animator / visual director / sound director and voice acting could give hack writing enough substance for ME to care. That is why I’m okay with hack bullshit IF it’s carried by a good audiovisual experience.
This here? Just this 40s clips alone, with ZERO context, had me invested and overly emotional.
Any 12yo hack could write this dumbass dialogue in that 40s but it took good writing everywhere else to make something from what could be terrible to amazing.
That moment was even better with context but even in that short clip independent of anything else, was good enough for me.
tehwatever
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@tehwatever
And that’s exactly why the Sequel Trilogy is a failure at being Star Wars story.
Sure. You know SW so I take your word for it.
And I might argue not a good story at all.
This is where I disagree. Any story can be made into a good story. Just gotta know what strings to pull.
The premise of creative piece does not automatically tell the value of said piece.
You can always botch an underdog story, similarly you can make inexplicably OP-character story bearable or even alright.
Darth Prime
You are being deceived - Derpi Supporter
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Patron
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

@tehwatever
I don’t get your example.
It’s cool on its own yes but the setting and context it’s from is for on point Star Wars wise.
If you’re trying to talk about how visual direction good animation and sound design can elevate a scene from a hack writer than shouldn’t it be a scene from something by a hack and NOT one of the most Star Warsie Star Wars Visions shorts.
This is what I mean when I say you undercut whatever point you think you’re making.
Like I’m over here talking about the difference between bad story telling and good story telling and what defines something as being true to Star Wars and you come at with “look at this clip out of context if something looks this good who cares if it’s from a hack” to which my response is “that was one of my favorite shorts that honestly made me legit tear up at how well it nailed the feel of Star Wars I was that blown away from how much it got right”.
So again what even is your point.
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
I didn’t like the sequel trilogy. Force Awakens was meh, Last Jedi was okay, I just didn’t like anything that happened. Rise was just a mess.
I still haven’t seen Solo. Rogue One is my favorite Star Wars movie, so it’s not like I hate the new movies just because they’re new.
Dex Stewart
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@Darth Prime
Last Jedi didn’t feel shallow, I just hated every choice made in it.
My feelings are weird on that one. It’s not a badly made movie,aside from the odd extra period at the end of the opening text:
What’s up with that? I read from someone it’s some kind of grammatical rule or something.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Aight you win. My point is that good audiovisuals and other things like nostalgia hype or brand loyalty can carry a hack script. If you want a full example of it then just go with the majority of Dragon Ball Super.
Btw
Here. My last attempt.
It’s from the sequel trilogy so you know the script is whack. But sprinkle some weeb magic in it and becomes enjoyable to me.
Arite. Im donn here. I got some training to do. Whether or not I succeed or if I’ve earned my success or failure would not be entirely up to me, and I damn well appreciate if somebody could just upload some skills into my brain so I can move on to the next phase of me life.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Darth Prime
So have I made my point or not? I really dont wanna go on, because I really believe ye know what I’m talkin about.
Also. One of my only posts on this SW thread aside from this [stupid as fuck I regret having done this] argument [please kill me I wanna end my existence] have been those Galaxy Adventure anime OPs and anime non SW related things yeah I knoe about them. Thanks for tellin me tho’.
@Angrybrony Let someone else do it. I’m sorreh bunny girl but maybe if I had a lightsaber I could cut me own hand and give it to her and she can have infinite pets without having to ask anybody esle.
I’ll just get me another hand. Everybody’s got that sweet mechanical hand in the SW world.
Darth Prime
You are being deceived - Derpi Supporter
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Patron
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

@tehwatever
I like Star Wars and like to talk about Star Wars.
Nothing and no one was forcing you to have this conversation I enjoyed i5 so I kept it going if you wanted to stop you could have just stopped responding.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Darth Prime
That woulda been disrespectful of me.
Arite we end it now then? Because I’ve said what I wanna say and I donnae think adding anything more is gonna make it any clearer.
Also I get what your tryna say.
I just enjoy the Disney Sequel as it is, really. And I would define my experience across all three as, unironically enjoyable, because I know nothing about SW.
Unfortunately the Sequel does not seem to enjoy itself. It should make a sequel, tell a new story, embrace change, be diverse. why go back? It shoulda been its own thing.
Either way I’m cool with the Didnet trilogy. Least favorite of the three trilogies but I don’t hate it. I even laugh at the Ben Swolo scene because I’m immature af.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
As much as I do actually like Rey, the various female Jedi from the Old Republic games are better representation.
Meetra, Bastila Shan, and her great granddaughter Satele Shan are superior.
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
Nothing like waking up from a dream involving KOTOR2 to realize that, if it came out today, people would complain that it’s “subverting expectations.”
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide