Star Wars General

Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
I like shipping Yuri couples but I don’t get this one. They had what,two Episodes together? They were friends in the past or something… I guess Yuri fans were desperate.
Dex Stewart
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@Meanlucario  
I thought they were shipped because they were the first two the fandom named and got attached to. I’m wondering why if Ahsoka absolutely needed Yuri ship,why not Padme? That would crate done intresting drama. And it’s canon Padme likes ’em young.
Dex Stewart
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@Meanlucario  
I don’t know much about about the Lyrabon ship, I didn’t care about them because they never did anything! Once they did stuff with them in the show and they had a book I got a little more invested. I just remembered, I did like that one short where Lyra ate a dude’s hands. Was that the first major thing the fandom did with them?  
To bring this back around to Star Wars ,full
Darth Prime
You are being deceived - Derpi Supporter
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Patron
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

@Darth Prime
Considering how the #1 question with Vision is “is it canon,” I think the tier system did more harm than good. Honestly, just admit the Legends EU stuff was never canon and still love what you love without needing it to be canon to the movies.

Or better yet just stop making Star Wars content that aren’t movies.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
I’ve started viewing Star Wars as sort of a mythology. There are, to me, multiple “canons” snaking their way through the galaxy far, far away. Much like any mythos, some things will be contradictory, have different origins, etc, but it all takes place within a larger canon that is the SWs universe itself.
silbasa
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

@Dex Stewart  
A little since I have never seen Rebels. It was like one of those episodes where they use a show to launch a spinoff except the spinoff here is already a well established show in its own right. Strange to mix these two. A couple of the upcoming episodes will also be about this Ryloth uprising.
Dex Stewart
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@silbasa  
Even if I had seen Rebels, I’d still probably find this to be a dull episode. It feels too separate from the rest of Bad Batch. Mainly the title characters are just barely present in this one. This episode just lessens my interest in seeing Rebels. I haven’t heard the best things about it,what I have seen hasn’t impressed me,and if this Bad Batch Episode is indicative at all of what the show is like,then I’ll pass on it.
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
When you think about it, Legends EU was 99.9% fan fiction. I’m not dissing it, just pointing out that it was almost entirely made by fans who wanted to tell their story of what happened in a universe they love. The problem arises when they try to make their story “canon.” Skippy the Droid is a great example of of why that’s a bad thing, since Skippy isn’t “canon” at all but is still memorable. It’s a Star Wars story that doesn’t limit itself to the “canon” of Star Wars, and is better for it. That’s the approach Visions seems to be taking even.

@Darth Prime  
I fail to see that making anyone happy.

@Dex Stewart  
Maybe.

@Zincy  
Moreso different story tellers telling their version of the world, in my personal view.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Meanlucario

Not helping that outlook is when stories have really dumb premises.

Like an origin story for Han’s pants. Or a sequel story centered around Darth Vader’s glove.
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Dustcan  
Very true. Still, I rather have a fun, silly story that doesn’t try too hard to be “canon” than one that tries way too hard trying to be “canon.” At least the former is more memorable.

@Darth Prime  
That is the dumbest reason I heard. And again, if what you said was true, than Lucasfilms being too prideful to admit that what they are making is practically fan fiction, than the whole “is it canon” thing would either be tone down very much or all on Disney.
Latecomer

@Meanlucario  
The point of “canon” is that the reader can be drawn more into the world when they see how things are related. Instead of every book or whatever having nothing to do with each other.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Latecomer  
You do know the EU stuff can still be related to each other, right? They just don’t need to be shackled to the movies and can have their own continuity, like a Star Wars AU. Again, like Visions seems to be.

@Darth Prime  
You propose throwing out the baby with the bathwater. Again, the problem would be mostly solved if instead of tiers of continuity, people (including Lucasfilms) just admit that the EU was practically fan fic and not part of the movie canon.

@Latecomer  
Sadly true. I blame the “if I don’t like it, it isn’t canon” mentality the tier system fostered.
Darth Prime
You are being deceived - Derpi Supporter
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Patron
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

@Latecomer  
Well simple the all are that’s why I say just make movies and not pointless ancillary media.

@Meanlucario  
“Throwing the baby out with the bath water” you say that as if Disney didn’t already did that with Star Wars.

@Meanlucario  
@Latecomer
Sadly true. I blame the “if I don’t like it, it isn’t canon” mentality the tier system fostered.

Yes how dare they provide a system for people to enjoy things they like clearly Star Wars fans had it too good for too long and it turned them into a bunch of entitled pricks.
Latecomer

@Meanlucario  
In that case, why not go all the way, and give up on having the movies be “canon” either?

Just film things in a “Star Wars style” and don’t worry about continuity or consistency.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide