Star Wars General

Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
I don’t think either trilogy is bad, honestly.

The prequels have their merits of being passion projects that set up a lot of good world building, despite their huge acting and technical flaws.

The sequels were well acted and well put together from a technical perspective (RoS notwithstanding) and had a lot of fun and interesting set pieces, even if the story beats didn’t go where I would have liked.

I can sit down from 1 to 9 and watch them straight through without the slightest issue.

Yes, I do think RoS was one of the weakest in the whole franchise, topped maybe only by Ep.2 which is functionally the most boring save for like 2 or 3 parts of it. I can still watch both and enjoy enough of it to make it worthwhile.
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Zincy  
Honestly, the only movie of either I care about in TLJ, since it was willing to do what no writer was willing to do post-Ender in the EU: Let Luke’s bloodline end and let someone unrelated to him save the galaxy.
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Darth Prime  
Honestly, I still think people over exaggerate Luke in TLJ. He was broken due to realizing the hard way that the path of the Jedi only leads to more death (we’re talking about the movie Jedi, who were political bodyguards who can’t stand emotions with some who are somewhat “human,” not the Legends Jedi who were the ideal heroes), and needed to see that there is another way, with the help of Ray and Yoda. And to me, that’s like when Obi-wan needed Luke to prove to him that Anakin can still be saved, only Luke was still alive and died doing a Force power we never saw in the movies until than to save his pupil and friends.

@Angrybrony  
At least they weren’t boring like the Prequels. I rather Ray be a Skywalker through them adopting her than through blood.
Dex Stewart
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@Angrybrony  
I don’t know who that is.  
Good. Im not planning on watching the prequels soon,because Luke is a favorite character of mine. I’ll watch the other stuff, Bad Batch has been pretty good,I’m looking forward to the Rogue Squadron movie,I loved Rogue One, so anything spinning off from that I’ll at least give a chance.
Darth Prime
You are being deceived - Derpi Supporter
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Patron
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

@Darth Prime
Honestly, I still think people over exaggerate Luke in TLJ. He was broken due to realizing the hard way that the path of the Jedi only leads to more death (we’re talking about the movie Jedi, who were political bodyguards who can’t stand emotions with some who are somewhat “human,” not the Legends Jedi who were the ideal heroes), and needed to see that there is another way, with the help of Ray and Yoda. And to me, that’s like when Obi-wan needed Luke to prove to him that Anakin can still be saved, only Luke was still alive and died doing a Force power we never saw in the movies until than to save his pupil and friends.

Yes there needed be another way for the Jedi than what Prequel Jedi were and that was supposed to be what Luke’s New Order was supposed to be.  
This is what the problem is we don’t know what Luke’s Jedi Order was like because neither director gave a shit about how that should be depicted.  
The Last Jedi wants to be a critique on Jedi as seen in the Prequels but to do that they had to make Luke the stand in for it instead.  
I just cannot understand the thought process of “I thought about killing my nephew and he caught me almost doing it and fell to the Dark Side so the Jedi as a whole are all failures.” That seems like some leaps in logic.  
And no matter what anyone ever says or tries to explain it I will never ever not think that whole killing Ben think (it doesn’t matter how brief and felting it was) as anything but contrived and out of character if they wanted Luke to have some big failure that left Luke a broken sad old man fine but that was not the way to do it.
Darth Prime
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -

@Angrybrony
At least they weren’t boring like the Prequels. I rather Ray be a Skywalker through them adopting her than through blood.

TLJ on its own is a movie a hair under three hours long that ends with barely anything actually happening in it practically the definition of boring.
Darth Prime
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -

@Darth Prime
Maybe Ben killed Grogu. Is a theory I’ve heard.

Yes that is something to always keep in mind no matter how cool the last episode of The Mandalorian with the hallway scene was Grogu probably ended up dying.  
Hooray for the Sequel Trilogy.
Dex Stewart
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
I dont mind Jar Jar as much as most people,so Phantom Menace is fairly watchable. It feels like a kid’s movie. Attack of the Clones was lame. A few neat bits,but overall blah. Surprised so much more entertaining things sprang from it. Revenge of the Sith was cool. Kinda slow in spots but it was fine.
Darth Prime
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -

@Meanlucario  
At least AOTC knew when to end.  
Even with how poorly executed the romance was I still find things in that movie more interesting or entertaining than the slow ass boring as hell space chase or the ultimately pointless detour to Canto Bight.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Dex Stewart  
Legends has those as well, though they were given mech bodies. I know nothing of the rock or if it’s even suppose to be a joke or taken seriously, so I have comment on it.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide