Star Wars General

tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Dex Stewart  
I think she cool. But like every other dood that isn’t REY or Kylo, Rose seems to get shafted.

But it definitely aint’ something I would rage about. She just another character that I also forgot existed, mainly because 1: she a regular person and 2: she basically acts like a tag-along character.

I sometimes do this thought experiment like: What if I replace this character with another character or some random background character. would it really affect the outcome? If a character is replaceable then they’re forgettable.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
If Disney wants to do something fun where they can have a lot of creative reign, they should set a movie during the Old Republic era.

It’s such a huge time frame with so many moving parts they could shunt it in anywhere.

They technically own all the rights to everything in the Old Republic MMO, so why not plumb that. Just make a movie based on the Republic/Sith Cold War.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@Darth Prime

No need to be snippy, I’m well aware it’s been a common request. One I’ve made numerous times as well.

But maybe now that all the side stories are doing so well, the corporate drones at Disney may get a modicum of self awareness for long enough to do something cool like that.
Darth Prime
You are being deceived - Derpi Supporter
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Patron
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

@Zincy  
I’m sorry but I’ve been hearing that for so long I’m kind of tired of hearing people say “do an Old Republic movie” as if that’s going to fix everything and that’s from someone that like the Old Republic.  
And I have trepidation at the prospect because just because it’s Old Republic doesn’t mean it’s automatically going to be good past experience teaches they could just fuck it up in which case I’d rather have nothing.
Darth Prime
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -

@Meanlucario  
If the (second) Death Star is involved no problem.  
What one has to remember is there are mechanical and logistically deferences here the Mass Effect does not exist in Star Wars so Reaper technology largely can’t work and especially there are no Mass Relays to allow them to move around.
tehwatever
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Meanlucario  
…  
any one of them planet busters would seriously freaking HURT a reaper, like, BAD.

Assuming them Forcebenders can still use their wizard powers, then guys like Galen “Starkiller” Marek can solo a reaper on the ground.

Basically, Them SW dudes could probably take on a Reaper onslaught.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Yeah the number of individuals who could do this…

full

…probably number less than 100 in the entire history of Star Wars. But they exist. And depending on which time period you go with there’s either thousands if not millions of Jedi/Sith - each one pound for pound either is worth an entire squad up to an entire army unto themselves - or have to deal with a dozen doomsday stations per square kilometer.

Then there’s the fact that as ME 3 showed the Reaper’s biggest asset was their ability to divide and conquer. They shut down Mass Relays to cut of systems from each other and then pick them off one by one. They still have the numbers to attack an entire galaxy, but it meant them taking heavy losses since they couldn’t just dogpile their targets anymore. In Star Wars every ship has a hyperspace drive, one that I think lets you travel faster than a Mass Relay would no less. That level of mobility is a gamebreaker.

Honestly the only real 2 strengths the Reapers could bring to bear against Star Wars is A) Their numbers and B) Indoctrination.

With the former, again, they can siege an entire galaxy with one unified force. But Star Wars is no stranger to galaxy spanning armies; shoot, get the Separatist factories back up in running or bring the Empire’s resources to bear and they can meet those numbers. Or even the Star Forge to let one guy meet those numbers.

Indoctrination comes in 2 flavors though. If the Reapers hit them with the fast variety (RE:done over a few hours, perhaps in a battlefied) then they are left with brain addled puppets useless for anything but turning into husks. If they can sneak one of their techs into a major population center or government then they could brainwash the leaders over the course of weeks/months. But depending on the type of government that would only work up until the leader gets ousted for treason, and due to the factionalization of Star Wars’ many different races would only work for that particular group.
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Dustcan  
We shouldn’t forget how successful the Vong were, which I think would be some insight to how the SW universe would handle invasions like that, especially if Reapers adapted to resist/be immune to the Force.
Darth Prime
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -

@Meanlucario  
But you’re over looking the point about distance Galaxy are pretty big while Hyperdrive is all ready a thing in Star Wars that’s not what the Reapers use even though ships in ME have personal FTL for travel between close systems Mass Relays are still required for Galactic travel without that they are at a severe disadvantage.

And how would Reapers become immune to the Force then?  
Yes there is the Ysalamir but would the Reapers ever bother to learn ol about this lesser lifer form to exploit it? How would they even if they harvested Ysalamir would there even be enough for all Reapers to have coverage?
Darth Prime
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -

@Meanlucario  
Would they though?  
Reapers aren’t really about embracing anything they were about creating a cycle to counter the destruction of synthetic life they are the product of the broken logic of a Second-Born Intellect.

Which now leads into the question of why would they invade the Star Wars Galaxy?  
The Reapers rigged the Milky Way they created the Mass Relays they made it so technically developes according to how they want hence why Galactic Civilizations are at a relatively equal tech level even though humans only joined a few decades.  
Star Wars has its own technology and mechanics not even counting the Force especially with their FTL as has been stated.  
It’s easy for the Reapers to invade the Milky Way because they gamed it that way but invading a completely different Galaxy that they’ve had no influence on well not only does it give them a bunch of problems they’re not use to what would even be the point?
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Darth Prime  
I’m going with that the SW universe has the Reapers, they just wait longer than in the ME universe. I doubt that whoever would create them (SW’s version of the Leviathans) would ignore the Force, something they likely would use themselves.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide