Star Wars General

Darth Prime
You are being deceived - Derpi Supporter
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Patron
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

@Meanlucario  
Yes but the problem was TLJ presented it as if it was something new as if it were tearing down the notion you had to be from some bloodline to be a Jedi that you could just be a lowly slave even thought that is exactly how Anankin started so it’s not as big a groundbreaking revelation as the movie thinks it’s making that if people had paid attention to the other movies they could have seen that.  
And then ROS did the Palpatine bloodline thing cause they needed to justify why Rey was so powerful.
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
I don’t always keep up with Star Wars. Force Awakens I found boring,so I didn’t watch the other sequel trilogy movies.  
My thinking was that being from a line of Jedis increased the chance of being a Jedi but that they could spontaneously emerge.  
As for Anakin’s mom,I just figured midichlorians reacted unexpectedly with her or something.  
I dunno I just like what I like.
Darth Prime
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -

@Meanlucario  
That’s weird one.

In Legends it’s suggested Anakin’s conception is a reaction by the Force because of Darth Plagueis mucking around with Midi-chlorians.

But then there’s the canon Vader that implies Palpatine.

full

But when ROS come out the author backtracked on that saying Palpatine was in no way shape or form is the father of Anakin because that would mean there was incest in that movie and we can’t have that in Star Wars (cut to Empire Strikes Back).
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Darth Prime  
Also, Rey didn’t have a prophecy, where Anakin did. I feel like that kinds of puts a damper on him coming from nothing. Also, I hate that RoS also make the prophecy worthless since before you could easily argue that while there were darkside users, none were actual Siths until they pulled a Legends and had Palpatine come back from the dead.
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Darth Prime  
It’s more likely to show that the dark side of the Force was with Anakin from the start and not Palpatine himself, in my opinion. Palpatine is who Vader associates with the dark side the most, hence why that would be reflect in his vision.
Darth Prime
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -

@Meanlucario  
No prophecy maybe but going by Snoke’s line “Darkness raise and the Light to meet” suggesting Rey is meant to be the counter to Kylo Ren thus she can still be classified as a Chosen One by The Force Like Anakin at least within the context of TLJ.
Darth Prime
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -

@Meanlucario  
That’s not really how the Dark Side works.  
The Dark Side is created when the Force is feed negative emotion fear anger hatred that whole spiel those twist and distort the Force when people act on those emotions with the Force.  
The Dark Side isn’t something that can be implanted in an unborn baby that’s stupid Anakin fell to the Dark Side because of his fear of lose something anyone can experience not because the Dark Side was implanted in him while he was in the womb that’s dumb.
TheFinite
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Shiny Bug
In my opinion, the prequels having Anakin be The Chosen One and having a prophesy about him was a mistake. Him being a talented, powerful, and yet arrogant Jedi would have been plenty enough to justify his actions throughout the trilogy.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Darth Prime  
I think it’s moreso that there will always be lighside and darkside users fighting each other, not that Kyro and Rey are Chosen Ones.

@Darth Prime  
You mean is wasn’t Plagueis who tried to manipulate the Force too far and caused it to make Anakin to destroy the Sith for overstretching their hand? I never read Plagueis but even I know the story.

@TheFinite  
Agree. Funny part is that Legends and now Disney both threw that out the window.
Background Pony #8F71
@TheFinite  
IDK, I always thought it helped explain the Jedi’s arrogance, that because there was something that said everything would work out for them, they could just sit back and “trust in the force” to sort stuff out for them rather than being more active in the Galaxy.

It’s also a deconstruction of the Chosen One, that Anakin becomes himself arrogant and over confident in his abilities because of his knowledge he’s important, making him all the more susceptible to the dark side
Darth Prime
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -

@Darth Prime
I think it’s moreso that there will always be lighside and darkside users fighting each other, not that Kyro and Rey are Chosen Ones.

Even though as perversely stated TLJ puts forth she was the one chosen by the the Force to counter the Dark Side.

@Darth Prime
You mean is wasn’t Plagueis who tried to manipulate the Force too far and caused it to make Anakin to destroy the Sith for overstretching their hand? I never read Plagueis but even I know the story.

And I have read it and mentioned it perviously @Darth Prime however you said

@Meanlucario  
@Darth Prime
It’s more likely to show that the dark side of the Force was with Anakin from the start and not Palpatine himself, in my opinion. Palpatine is who Vader associates with the dark side the most, hence why that would be reflect in his vision.

That the Dark Side was with Anakin from the start which is different from saying he created by the Force because of Plagueis actions and that’s not even factoring in that one of those is Canon and the other is Legends.  
Goddamit your mixing things up that I can’t even tell what your point is!
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@TheFinite  
I’m guessing that having to stay in canon is part of the problem. Of course, I doubt that people would mind some non-canon games. I remember Eck making a video on the Force Unleash games and saying that if they weren’t trying to be canon, than he’d love them more than he already does.
Background Pony #D92A
I watched Jedi Temple Challenge last week, and there weren’t any prizes being offered during the final round, which, to me, gave it a lack of stakes. Made it a bit hard for me to get invested.
Dex Stewart
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
I’m hearing rumors that there’s going to be a big event that undoes the sequel trilogy.  
How does anyone feel about that? Personally,I’m not emotionally invested in this new characters,so I’d be alright with it. It’ll become the Dragonball GT of the franchise.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide