Star Wars General

DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
@Meanlucario

Eeyup. I guess that’s true. Although I was never actually against the Sith or the Jedi. But over the years, these two sides were heavly used for a lot of trash. So much it was starting to get annoying. I think Star Wars might have worked a little better without the “Chosen One” trope. Whereby this did not bother me at all with the original triology in my childhood. Only later did it wear out considerably. And almost turned into absurdity.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
@Meanlucario

Well, I remember very clearly some very heated discussions during my school days in the 90s about Luke as the Chosen One. There were even Anti-Luke fan hate clubs. Or how many video games journalists have used every Star Wars video game up until 1999 to constantly make fun of Luke. Personally, I always thought that is completely ridiculous, but there is indeed something to the fact that Luke somehow gets hold of everything.

I mean, it doesn’t bother me. It’s the classic hero’s journey somewhere. Hero meets mentor. Mentor reveals the truth about the hero’s past. Mentor trains hero. Mentor is dying. Hero saves the world. Except that in the original triology there were two mentors - and that was actually pretty cool. But Luke himself is not really fish nor meat. As a character, he seems to be somewhat unfinished. At least in the first three movies.

In the comics and some books he is (partly) handled much better as a character. At least that’s my opinion. But I can understand why Luke a. ) was also considered Chosen One back then and b. ) why a lot of fans criticized that. But let’s stick with it, yes, everything non-Jedi/Sith is actually the really cool thing about the Star Wars universe ;-)
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@DarkObsidian  
I watch a few podcasts of two old Star Wars fans doing a book club with SW books, and have a runny joke on Luke being an incel due to how he acts around women in the post-Endor books, like having a “true love” every third book and leaving them, with it being somehow the worst thing in his entire life each time.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
@Meanlucario

Honestly? I think I only remember Mara Jade as Luke’s lover and later wife. And I probably wouldn’t have met her character if I hadn’t played Star Wars Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith, the expansion pack for the 1997 first-person shooter Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II.

Because, I admit it, I never read the Grand Admiral Thrawn books. I’ve been on the verge of it many times, but when I was told that the Expanded Universe was going to be rebranded, I kind of lost the desire to do this. Everything I know about Thrawn, Mara Jade and Shira Brie/Lumiya (also a former Love Interest of Luke) I have collected over the years from the internet. So I can’t say much about Luke and the women. ;-)
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@DarkObsidian  
You have no idea how many “true loves” Luke had in the Legands EU than. It says something that Mara wasn’t intended to be a romance for Luke and was heavily implied to be sleeping with Lando before they decided to make her a love interest and had to make up an excuse that Mara wasn’t sleeping with Lando because God forbid that she love someone before Luke.

Also, in the Truce at Bakura book, Luke’s main reason for helping an old lady was to get laid. Think about that.
Dex Stewart
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@DarkObsidian  
This whole situation reminded me of the Futurama episode,“The Problem with Popplers”.  
🎵Pop a Poppler in your mouth,  
When you come to Fishy Joe’s,  
What they’re made of is a mystery,  
Where they come from, no one knows.  
You can pick ’em, you can lick ’em,  
You can chew ’em, you can stick ’em,  
And if you promise not to sue us,  
You can shove one up your nose🎵
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
@Dex Stewart

One of my favorite episodes. I still have to laugh when I have to think a) of the orangutan after the makeover and b) of the end of Free Waterfall Jr. ;-)

I just wonder, compared to Baby Yoda, who are the “SJW” in this episode? The Omicronians or the anti-food activists? ;-D
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
Disney is facing backlash from one of their Star Wars novel writers over him not being paid

TLDR of it is that the author Alan Dean Foster wrote the novelisation of New Hope as well as one of the Sequel Trilogy books, along wiht the novelisations of the first Alien movies, and even though Disney has his contract, they re still refusing to pay him the royalties for the books being sold, even when he and his wife are facing very serious ilmenites.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide