Star Wars General

Meanlucario
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Thread Starter - General Dark Souls
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Steel/Lonely type
@09MurphyM
The video explains that Palpatine couldn't wait until the Deathstar didn't have gaping holes in it that exposed its core since he couldn't risk them learning of its completion or the hyperspace lane he had created to build it in secret, as well as how the Rebels would be more likely to risk a final assault now rather than later.
09MurphyM

@Meanlucario
Yeah, he also obviously ordered the weaknesses of the previous death star to be adressed, mainly the exhaust ports. He knew full well that the rebellion would not want to wait anyway to assault the second death star, especially with Palpatine himself present to oversee the rest of the construction.
Meanlucario
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

Steel/Lonely type
@09MurphyM
Again, feeding them false info on it being under construction while it was finished is what I'm talking about. And if you watched the movie, you'd know that the "fix" allowed entire ships to enter the station instead of just torpedoes.
09MurphyM

@Meanlucario
Yeah, Palpatine or someone else that did so under his orders leaked the plans and made it seem like the death star was completely defenseless and not yet operational with only the shield generation on endor to protect it. I'm aware of the lore from both timelines.
09MurphyM

On the topic of the second death star, one thing that is very inconsistent in both timelines is when exactly the plans were made and construction began.
Meanlucario

Steel/Lonely type
@Dustcan
I doubt that Legends had nothing on the DS1 plans.

@09MurphyM
According to the video, Disney actually did a good job with the construction of the DS2, even explaining how the Empire was able to hide it for as long as they did.
Darth Prime
You are being deceived - Derpi Supporter
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -
Bronze Patron - Bronze Patron
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

@Dustcan
@Meanlucario

Legends nothing. Didny made a whole movie about the design flaw being intentional and being purposefully leaked.

Yes. The Death Star was an inside job.

And I enjoy applying real world conspiracies to Star Wars.

Now we just need a whole movie to explain the FO Dreadnought’s weakness.
Meanlucario

Steel/Lonely type
@Darth Prime
The Empire's boner for oversized Star Destroyers that lack good defense against starfights, like the Mk2 Star Destroyers that we see in ESB and onward, where they take off all the anti-starfighter guns for even more anti-capital ship guns for an enemy who relies on starfighters.
09MurphyM

@Meanlucario
They usually pair them with ships that are specifically meant to scare off any starfighters. Otherwise, yeah the empire had the mentality of bigger is better. It was especially bad in the old EU with the number of super weapons and death star clones that they used.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponyvania: RP, Art, and more

Derpibooru costs over $25 a day to operate - help support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: *bold* _italic_ [spoiler]hide text[/spoiler] @code@ +underline+ -strike- ^sup^ ~sub~