Star Wars General

Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Darth Prime  
It’s to point out that it’s a problem with who’s making it, and seeing as people are becoming nostalgic for Lucas and his movies (to the point of Disney offering him a spot if I remember correctly), I feel like people are forgetting that he also made shit movies, and that the beloved Mandalorian is also Disney-made. It’s not a problem of who own it, but who’s making it (directors/writers, not studios). We’ll want someone who understands and loves the Old Republic for a movie on it to be good.
Darth Prime
You are being deceived - Derpi Supporter
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Patron
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

@Meanlucario  
No shit.  
Yes stuff under the Disney can be good when the right people are attached but that seems rare especially in the cases of the movies.  
The problem is stuff like The Mandalorian feels like an outlier rather than what Disney should be doing.  
And I don’t say anything about it mattered who owns it or it would be under Lucas I know all that shit I just get sick of you using the tried old “but Lucas tho” counterpoint when there’s criticism of Disney comes up.
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Darth Prime  
I only bring it up because people are quick to forget that things were barely better when he was in charge, and that was purely due to how canonicity in the Lucas EU wasn’t a problem, so people could ignore the movies to make stories that were better than the Lucas trilogy, like KOTOR.
Darth Prime
You are being deceived - Derpi Supporter
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Patron
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

@Meanlucario  
You mean “Glorified Fanfiction” as you had previously referred to such things?  
It’s also subjective on much “worse” Things were back then.  
At least back then there was an expensive universe spanning millennia for all those official glorified fanfics to exist and people could find things that interest them now everything feels so small.
UserAccount
Duck - User has been known to often resemble a waterfowl
Duck - User has been known to often resemble a waterfowl
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

#1 Spikeabuse Fan
Disney sucks. I hope this global pandemic destroys their evil company!!! Star Wars should be owned by us first and them last!!!!
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Darth Prime  
And the reason I called it that is due to how much you guys seem to love it and it causes you to overreact when someone points it out that it (and the vast majority of the EU) wasn’t canon. I still stand by them being more akin to official fanfic rather than part of the movies, quality not playing a role in either case. And as I said already, some of these official fanfics are better than the movies, so I think you’re misunderstanding what I’m saying.

And that due to them deciding to start anew. Besides, you guys would be throwing a fit if they made movies base on the Legends EU anyway. If it was the same, than it would be them just copy/pasting the stories and not being creative. If they were different, than the problem would be them “ruining what was perfect” or some shit.
Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
Watching Rise of Skywalker again, I can’t help but think that I’m basically watching someone’s bad fan fiction come to life. After Rian Johnson pretty much screwed people over with the Last Jedi, Abrams was left to pick up the pieces but could not salvage what was just too broken to fix which pretty much makes it hilarious to watch just knowing how much was being retconned from the previous episode.  
While I do still enjoy this movie (for the most part) I find it even more funny to watch now just because of how much was trying to be fixed.  
With that said though I am still disappointed that we never got to see all the Jedi come back as force ghosts to actually help Rey out, and even more baffling is Ben Solo not showing up at the end along side Luke and Leia (I mean if you’re gonna copy the end of Return of the Jedi you could at least go all the way with it).

Still a good movie to watch for a laugh.
Background Pony #FF97
Serious question, not trolling: Why is Star Wars as popular as it is? Out of 9 movies, 2, maybe 3 of them are good.
Angrybrony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

🔥Sunset is best girl🔥
@Background Pony #495A  
cuz there’s more to the franchise then those movies that made the universe last lots longer.  
good games like kotor, good books like the thrawn trilogy, good comic like dark horse’s old republic, good shows like the clone wars.
Dr_Osaka
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
Something I just thought about with the ending to Rise of Skywalker, it should have been Ben Solo who defeated Palpatine.  
It’s pretty much confirmed that the Emperor has pretty much been in control of the First Order from the start, Snoke was just a clone he created and he’s been feeding Ben false information through his head with voices like Darth Vader so it would have made a lot more sense for Ben to be the one who destroys Sheev and put an end to the Final Order as the new supreme leader after having a change of mind and heart.  
More importantly it would sorta fit Anakin’s broken story ark cause the prophecy never straight up said that Anakin had to be the one to bring balance to the force, however if it was a Skywalker who was supposed to then it makes sense since Ben is Leia’s son who is Luke’s sister and Anakin’s daughter so that makes Ben technically a Skywalker by blood just fullfilling his grandfather’s legacy in a way.  
My dad also brought up an interesting idea about Anakin being a virgin birth and maybe it was because of the midichlorians created him to be the one to bring balance in the first place, so that would make Anakin’s family tree unique amongst the other force users.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide