Star Wars General

09MurphyM

@Meanlucario  
The original Death star’s defenses were mainly designed to defend against Capital ships like Nebulon Frigates. Like the other flaws, this was fixed by the second death star.
Darth Prime
You are being deceived - Derpi Supporter
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Patron
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

@Communist Starlight  
Those are cool cause it’s actually thought put into how space combat works but still needs a ISD though.

Also while on this subject of negating Hyperspace fuck that scene in TFA where the Falcon comes out of light speed in atmo.
Absol95

IN-TELLI-VISION!
I sometimes wonder why the 1970s-1980s Marvel Star Wars comics can’t be canon like the ones from 2014 and onward? 😐🤔 Damn you Pablo Hidalgo.
Zerowinger
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

3-3/4" Army Man Fan
Two of my favorite starfighters were pretty rare in the old canon outside of the X-Wing/TIE Fighter games they were developed for.

Cygnus Spaceworks XG-1 Assault Gunboat  
full full  
What it lacked in speed and maneuverability, it made up for in protection and firepower.

It’s stablemate, the XM-1 Missile Boat  
full full  
It brought Macross Missile Spam to the Star Wars universe. And before the TIE Defender project of the new canon, this was the advanced starfighter that had been personally designed by Thrawn.
Background Pony #5AD3
@zerowinger66  
Well, lets face it, it only got made because the former “most advanced fighter” fell into the hands of a traitor. Plus, in the end, the Missile Boats got put away in storage so they’re never heard from again, leaving the Defender on top in the years to come :P
09MurphyM

Notably, the Tie advanced and Tie Defender were both purposely left in limited numbers to keep them from completely replacing the Tie fighter as the Empire’s primary starfighter.
Background Pony #F406
I still think SW canon and lore is too vast to be put in a B&W frame.  
DC, Dark Horse, and Marvel all are allowed to have different universes of stuff happening within their franchises a la a multiverse, so really, why not something like that for Star Wars as well someday? Why not? G: Universe G is the main one, with stuff including all the main films that George and other prominent people from Lucasfilm were involved in(Episodes 1-6), and TV shows such as TCW and Rebels(also done by people working at Lucasfilm for the main continuity) substantial number of the Disney Canon novels(such as the Thrawn and E.K. Johnson books)the Dark Horse Son of Dathomir and certain others, the newer Marvel comics, along with the Darth Plageuis novel, Darth Bane novel, the games KOTOR 1 and 2 and Rouge One and Solo anthology films. C: works in C level can(and usually do) belong to a parallel universe, but in other cases are in Universe G, albeit as big side-stories at best. Includes most pre-Disney EU books such as the Thrawn Trilogy, Jedi Search, New Jedi order series, most Dark Horse comics, Nelvana Droids and Ewoks cartoons, fate of the Jedi books, and the 2000s Kenobi novel. Also includes most of the video games that aren’t KOTOR 1 and 2, such as the Pandemic Battlefront games, TIE FIGHTER, X-Wing, and such.  
S: Secondary. Stuff like this is definitely in another universe: includes some of the novels(such as Crystal Star and Splinter of the Mind’s Eye) the 1977-1996 novels, and the Dark forces and TFU video games.  
D: Detours canon; a Universe further away from G. Includes Detours, the Disney Sequels and Resistance, and Forces of Destiny as well as most of the remaining old EU books and comics and both of the Ewok adventure TV specials.  
N: Non-canon; works here are without a d oubt outside of the main continuity as well as not belonging in Universe S or the D Universes either. Includes The 1978 Holiday special, 2003 Clone Wars TV mini-series and adjacent comics, the Skippy the droid comic mini-series, and the Dark Horse comic that had Obi Wan fight a cyborg Darth Maul.
Zerowinger
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

3-3/4" Army Man Fan
@09MurphyM  
Probably mainly due to cost - Advanced and Defender are far more expensive than the standard TIE. And while in the movies and shows standard TIE’s get shot down by the dozens simply due to the fact that they’re fighting the protagonists, I imagine for most engagements the standard TIE was “good enough.”
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Zerowinger  
TIEs also were cheap and had the same qualities as Jedi Starfighters, which let to some theorizing that Palpatine was planning on making them cybernetic crafts like what happens in the EU after his death.
Darth Prime
You are being deceived - Derpi Supporter
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Patron
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters

@Zerowinger  
TIE Avenger the alternate name for the Advance.  
So there’s the Avengers the Defenders there was even an X-TIE.  
Are there any other TIEs that are named like Marvel Superhero teams maybe a TIE F4?
Zerowinger
Non-Fungible Trixie -

3-3/4" Army Man Fan
@Meanlucario  
I don’t know if that was necessarily Palpatine’s plan. Rather, I suspect Raith Siener (the TIE’s designer) and Imperial military planners drew conclusions from the Clone Wars that, in the future, the most likely opponents of the Imperial Navy would be using fast and maneuverable droid fighters like the Separatists used. Therefore, the Empire should counter with their own fighter designs that favor speed, maneuverability, and producability.
Zerowinger
Non-Fungible Trixie -

3-3/4" Army Man Fan
@Meanlucario  
Well, if you’re going up against the named protagonists of the story, then no, you’re not going to stand a chance. :)

But in theory, if you’re a competent enough pilot, and your opponent is either a space pirate, a droid, or a some lesser experienced/newbie pilot flying an older craft like the Y-Wing or Z-95 Headhunter, then you should be able utilize a basic TIE Fighter effectively in combat. The design philosophy behind it is similar to that behind Mitsubishi A6M Zero - you sacrifice protection, firepower, and some systems like a hyperdrive in exchange for increased speed and maneuverability, which the pilot is supposed to use to their advantage in a dogfight.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide