Star Wars General

Generals » Star Wars General Search Posts
DanielTepesKraus
Greatest Poster in the Board -
GREEN - TALK TO ME
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Equality - Was more equal than the rest of the people during the event and did the only smart thing: wasn't there :^)

will return
Since the new movie is officially out, please be kind and spoiler anything to do with the new movie.

I’m just going to come right out and say it. I am fucking STOKED for the new Star Wars. It’s going to be the fucking shit. I know we got some doomsayers out there like “meh it’s gonna suck” but no! It’s gonna be great.

Let’s just free the beast and talk about Star Wars to get hyped. The good, the bad, the really bad, the movies, the games, the expanded universe, whatever. If it’s Star Wars, get it in here.

If you haven’t seen ’em yet:  
Trailer 1  
Trailer 2
Background Pony #A63D
@DanielTepesKraus  
yes jason aaron and stuart immonen are on the main starwars comic, kieron gillen and salvador larroca on darth vader, greg weisman and pepe larraz on kanan and charles soule and alex maleev on a lando comic miniseries
WatermelonRat
Starlight Glimmer - For Patreon supporters
Sunset Shimmer - For Patreon supporters
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Ruby - For users who have donated to the site
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
The 1% - Uploaded 1% or more of the site's images
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Assistant
Upload King
When I was a kid, I was into Star Wars like you wouldn’t believe. I had this Star Wars encyclopedia that I used to read front to back, over and over, day after day, until I could name and give the backstories of every rebel, imperial, and cantina creature in the trilogy. I’m definitely going to see the new movies in theatres.

Speaking of which, now that I think about it, I don’t think I’ve actually been to a movie theater since Revenge of the Sith came out. Any changes in theatre operations in the last ten years? Does the popcorn still cost ten dollars a tub?
DanielTepesKraus
GREEN - TALK TO ME
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Equality - Was more equal than the rest of the people during the event and did the only smart thing: wasn't there :^)

will return
@WatermelonRat  
It pretty much hasn’t changed. Now theaters have roving patrols looking for dipshits with video cameras though, but that’s pretty much it.

Speaking of Revenge of the Sith, I remember seeing it opening night and when Palpatine goes “Execute Order 66” the entire audience went fucking apeshit with applause and cheering. It was awesome.
Background Pony #A63D
@DanielTepesKraus  
kieron gillen has written SWORD, thor, generation hope, uncanny x-men, journey into mystery, ironman, young avengers and angela at marvel before darth vader
Background Pony #A63D
the darth vader comic is about vader journey between a new hope and empire strikes back
Background Pony #A63D
sorry to bump this thread but I just read princess leia #5 I give it ★★★★
Trickquestion

Oh cool, a Star Wars thread.

So, my circle of tabletop gaming buddies all expressed interest/familiarity with the newest Star Wars role-playing game (Edge of the Empire/Age of Rebellion) and with me being the biggest Star Wars fan in the group (everything @WatermelonRat said was me as well) I was selected to GM it. The idea I proposed and everyone accepted was a campaign where the players are playing as a team of Imperial Stormtroopers in the period between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope. My big picture is campaigns against holdout Separatist forces who now have very few active droids but plenty of firepower remaining, assisting in tracking down remaining Jedi and clearing the path for people like Vader and inquisitors to take them out, and bringing new worlds and species into the grip of the Empire.

They begin the campaign as fresh recruits aboard a cargo ship delivering supplies to a rebuilding Naboo, and become involved in an early coordinated rebellion involving a covert team up of the Gungans, a pirate flotilla, a small number of anti-Imperial government officials, and the spice miners from Naboo’s moon all being coordinated by a Mon Calamari Jedi Master. The endgame (assuming the players don’t got way off the rails) involves the players leading a retaliatory slaughter against the Gungan armies and cities (which the Empire wanted to do from the beginning to get their deep sea plasma mines) while Vader goes after the Jedi master after force chocking Jar Jar Binks.

Thoughts?
Trickquestion

@DanielTepesKraus  
Hey thanks. The background for the whole campaign is the growing tension between the Naboo and the Gungans, with the splitting issue being the Empire. The Naboo support the creation of the Empire because Palpatine stopped the war and has sent large amounts of supplies to rebuild worlds devastated by the Separatists, Naboo included. The Gungans don’t like the Empire because they’ve made several subtle and not so subtle efforts to seize control over the deep sea plasma mines (the blue stuff that came in orbs. It comes out of the deep sea crust, and the Gungans use it to power their everything) to build bigger mines at the cost of wrecking the ocean so they can build power plants and ship engines and stuff. Senator Binks gets called back to the planet early on to try and soothe tensions. Not long after that, the players uncover a Jedi Master is the ringleader behind the whole rebellion, so Vader shows up. That’s when the scene is going to happen.

The players are part of the welcoming lineup for Vader, you know, where everyone crowds into the hanger and forms rows near where the shuttle lands. Jar Jar and the Imperial general are in the middle to greet Vader when he arrives. The general gives him the situation while Jar Jar is silent and stone still the whole time. When they leave, Jar Jar gasps for air, wheezes and collapses while the players and other troops files out. Later on, depending on things go, after the party has razed a few Gungan villages with disrupters and flamethrowers, he might get a fatal dose.

After that though, I’m sort of at a loss to where the next campaign would be.
DanielTepesKraus
GREEN - TALK TO ME

will return
@Trickquestion  
Nice. I wouldn’t know where to go from there though.

That being said, I’m stoked their doing their own thing in the new film instead of strictly following the expanded universe. Not only do we get something new, but we also get more fuel for more expanded universe.

Hey, if Marvel can have so many continuities they actually have to justify it in-universe, then Star Wars can do it too.
Background Pony #A63D
darth vader #7 is very good vader goes all detective for the first couple ages
Trickquestion

@DanielTepesKraus  
I’m still a little uncertain about the movie (I’m going to go see it, but the trailers have all left me a little conflicted) but I’ve really been liking all the EU we’ve gotten so far. Have you picked up Dark Disciple yet?
DanielTepesKraus
GREEN - TALK TO ME

will return
@Background Pony #3AED  
That sounds BAD ASS.

@Trickquestion  
I am all about seeing the movie. I’ve seen every one in theaters since Return of the Jedi and I’m not breaking that tradition for anything. More than anything I’m fired up about this bad guy and his little prongie lightsaber thing. Star Wars has always had awesome villains; even if the movie itself isn’t great I know I’m in for at least a cool villain and a cool lightsaber fight.

Haven’t got Dark Disciple yet, no. I’m a bit behind on the expanded universe stuff.
Background Pony #A63D
greg rucka and marco checchetto the former creative team behind punisher is doing starwars: scattered empire bridging the gap between “return of the jedi” and “the force awakens”
Trickquestion

@DanielTepesKraus  
Wow, that must have been great to be able to experience them like that. I’m a great deal younger than you, so I got into it when my little 10 year old me saw a commercial for Attack of the Clones, soon to be in theaters, and thought it was the hypest shit. So my parents rented me the other four existing movies and promised to take me to go see it when it came out.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide