Star Wars General

Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@silbasa  
And if Gina was the only thing keeping Mandalorian good, than it wasn’t good in the first place. Maybe season 2 will be The Last Jedi of Mandalorian and make everything suck, according to how you tend to describe TLJ. If this turns out to be a monkey’s paw, I will laugh at you.
silbasa
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

@Meanlucario  
Not the only thing but a key component and she was getting her own show as well. I don’t quite understand your analogy here. TLJ sucked for me because it literally killed the spirit of SW and for what it did to Luke. Even Disney execs got that message, look at how desperately they backtrack in ROS.

@Meanlucario  
Do you know of other people inside Lucasfilm with the talent and influence to get new stuff made?

They retconned that so Anakin does not really matter all that much anymore.
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@silbasa  
Maybe you’re too used to Legends sucking Luke and Jedi off every second they had. This Luke started becoming the Jedi we see in the prequels and realized that if he kept going, he or someone else was only going to repeat the mistakes of the past. And he died a hero, something people seem to forget. To be frank, Jedis are the worst part of Star Wars, due to their over use and hype.

Have you tried to find out yourself, or do you cling to the big names and act like they are the only people that matter?

Legends did that first.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
Honestly, the real problem is acting like Mandalorian and the movies can’t exist together. Outside of one continuity error in Mandalorian, there is no reason they can’t co-exist other than fanboys refusing to acknowledge that good and bad material can exist in the same canon.
silbasa
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Meanlucario  
I want them to treat the characters that are so central to SW properly, not kill them off due to politics. They had the golden goose ready to be cooked. Instead they blew it up and we are now left with a stranded setting that have nowhere to go anymore. A little more fanservice and a little less subverting of expectations and those movies could have been decent. They should just have let him mentor her, and if he has to go out, do so with a bang. Something that mattered. Not whatever that was…
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@silbasa  
Sounds like you want them to just be Legends. And what’s “politics” about passing on the torch to the start of the next movies? It’s a common trope in sequels for the old main character to pass the story to the new main character. And would you rather he becomes the new villain and Ray had to kill him, instead of him dying by using the Force to save his friends and the next generation?

You also never answered my question or other point, making me think that you just watch to bitch and use memes rather than actually have a point. I miss arguing with Darth Prime. He had points even if I didn’t agree with most of what he was saying.
Dex Stewart
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@Meanlucario  
I just finished watching Clone Wars a while ago,and I’m convinced that without Filoni, Clone Wars wouldn’t have been as good as it was.  
Taking a quick look at his filmography gives me far more confidence in him than Favreau. Favreau is competent and produces quality,Filoni knows how to make something stick.
silbasa
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Dex Stewart  
Both of them are central but Favreau is the biggest powerhouse of the two.

@Meanlucario  
I must admit I did not understand your question. If you enjoyed the latest movies that is of course fine. Don’t let me rain on your parade.

@Dex Stewart  
And that’s why you want them both, but again Favreau is the bruiser that fights KK and gets shit done. Filoni is more creative that’s not yet fully indoctrinated by modern politics. (Though a little, he has said some things in the past.)

@Meanlucario  
Nope. They kinda go hand in hand.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@silbasa  
Very hard to enjoy things when you act like the Mandalorian and movies can’t get along and act like the franchise will die due to it (which it won’t, considering how it survived the prequels).

And it sounds like you care more for big names than works, to be frank.

Only because you want them to. And it usually takes more than just two people to make something great. It’s why the prequels weren’t good.
silbasa
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Meanlucario  
Again if you liked that version of SW, more power to you. To me its franchise death.

I care for those that make the stuff I enjoy over the stuff I don’t enjoy.

Prequels were flawed but imo so much more than the bleak sequel trilogy. They added new great stuff. The world building alone was first class. Very distinct.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@silbasa  
You seem to love talking about something that’s “dead” to you and talking about it like it’s still alive than.

Than instead of bitching about what you don’t like and acting like it being connected to something you do like ruins the latter, enjoy what you do like. Your actions sing a different lyric than your words.

I can’t agree. People really hated the Prequels when they came out for a reason, and I have little doubt that people will start to look fondly on the Sequels when nostalgia squeezes their balls and something “worst” comes out, like what happened with the Prequels.
silbasa
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Meanlucario  
These things are interconnected. The bad is in there with the good, spoiling the good retroactively. What direction they go in decides who wins and how it all ends up.

Remember the marketing machine the prequels were? All the toys, games and shows? None of that with the sequels. Dead silence. Toys for 1$ at Walmart. That’s a failure.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@silbasa  
And I’m sure that Legends had nothing bad in them that ruined the franchise by your logic. Seriously, the Sequels are far from the first instance of what you’re whining about. How many times did Pal return from the grave in Legends again? I want to say at least four, which “ruins” RotJ since they never truly killed him in that movie, ruining RotJ using your logic.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Darth Prime  
Than why is there four book club videos that has his return in the title of them? And how can Eck and Cory say that RoS is better than all but his first Legends return if there is only one?
Darth Prime
You are being deceived - Derpi Supporter
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Patron
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

@Meanlucario  
Well first of all I am admittedly going on what Wookipida says so I don’t know what books you’re referring to need titles here.  
And second I suppose there is the technicality that Palpatine was going through clone bodies so he was constantly dying and reviving however the only story I see that’s about him coming back is Dark Empire.  
Otherwise it’s either guys faking it or his holocron.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide