Star Wars General

Background Pony #8F71
So just finished up the third series finale for The Clone Wars. Spoilers ahead.

|| It was a good episode but a bit underwhelming. Honestly all that happened was Asoka, Rex and Maul escaping. It was well done and greatly executed but that’s all there really was to it. Then again I suppose the writer never figured they’d get this chance and so blew there load a bit earlier in Rebels since we’ve already seen what happens to these characters.

The Darth Vader bit at the end was nice though.

||
Zerowinger
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

3-3/4" Army Man Fan
@Communist Starlight  
A combination of things: for one, I think the show needed another season of two at least to tie up all the threads they were weaving, such as the issue with the Lothal Temple, stopping the TIE Defender production, and the liberation of Lothal from the Empire that having it all resolved in the final two episodes makes it very crowded.

Related, having Ezra face and best both the Emperor and Thrawn in the last episode really borders on Fanfiction tier writing when you step back and think about it. You’re facing both the ultimate big bad in the OT as well as one of the most well known and respected villains from the EU. Beating one or the other, much less both in the same episode, is feat that requires some very skilled writing that I don’t think the writers pulled off. Some people might like it, but I think the reintroduction of the Space Whales was way to deus ex machina.

And that bring us to Thrawn - while I enjoyed him immensely in season 3, I think he was misused and ultimately wasted in season 4. Personally, I think Governor Pryce should have been the main antagonist for that season, and she should have been given a bit more depth and complexity to her character, since that had already been hinted at in the novels. I don’t know, maybe I’ve just been spoiled by Mobile Suit Gundam that I want my antagonists to have more depth and characterization.

This also goes without saying that from I’ve been seeing, the final episodes of Clone Wars completely blows the final episodes of Rebels out of the water, so I know the creative team can and could have done better.
Vivace
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
@Zerowinger  
I don’t think Ezra actually bested the Emperor. He just resisted his temptations to rewrite history, probably made easier by the fact that he was going against a hologram instead of the man in person. As for the Purgill, that was part of his backup plan. He had Mart Mattin bring them to Lothal. I’d think it more of a DEM had the finale been their first appearance (like those Imperial guards’ special pikes). In fact, I wonder if the fact that he did make a backup plan was how he managed to out-strategize Thrawn. Thrawn had no fall back when Pryce kyboshed his TIE Defender project.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide