Star Wars General

Background Pony #610E
The prequels forgot the number 1 rule about writing: “Show, Don’t Tell”.

The movies tell us Anakin is a talented Force user, but we don’t see him doing anything all that impressive.
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@09MurphyM  
That makes the movies worst, since others did a much better job than Lucas with his series. There’s a reason I stand firm in saying that the Prequels are worst than the Disney Sequels.
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Darth Prime  
I think we’re remembering things differently than. The Sequels are far from perfect, but I remember enjoying them much more than the Prequels, and being overall better.
Darth Prime
You are being deceived - Derpi Supporter
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Patron
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

@Meanlucario  
No shit.  
Clearly I’m of the opposite opinion something I haven’t exactly made secret.  
Cause at least with Prequels I didn’t come out of any of those movies wondering what state The Galaxy was in.  
If you’re going to criticize the Prequels for it’s short comings in adequately explaining and exploring things having to rely on ancillary media than also have to acknowledge when the Sequels suffer that same problem which I personally find is much worse in their case.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Darth Prime  
And the Prequels never did anything thing just as dumb, or even the Pre-Disney EU as a whole? And I said better, not perfect. The Prequels had dumb shit, the Sequels had dumb shit, and the OT had dumb ship.
Darth Prime
You are being deceived - Derpi Supporter
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Patron
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

@Meanlucario  
Yeah there’s dumb shit all over but I don’t see how any of the Sequel/Most of the Disney era stuff is better than the Prequel/Legends stuff you complain about when it’s either at best on par with that stuff or in some ways worse.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Darth Prime  
To me, the Prequels are worst, and to you, the Sequels are. And I wasn’t trying to involve the old EU, due to it having a clusterfuck of stories made by bad writers/directors/motives, information not being revealed (like the Clone Wars pre-Prequels), and limited/no control (like the Marvel Star Wars comics), making it a large pool that no doubt have the trash and gold mixed. It would also require more shifting through than I want to put up with tonight. Again, arguing will only result in both of us looking childish, since neither of us are willing to back down and change our minds, and I’m sleep-deprived as is.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Darth Prime  
At least cloning was well established at this point in the movies, where the EU just had Obi-Wan saying a clone wars in a remark about his history with Anakin and the Dark Empire comics went nuts with it.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide