Star Wars General

Angrybrony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

🔥Sunset is best girl🔥
@09MurphyM  
except what’s the fucking point? it’s like doing an breaking bad sequel except they set it 3,000 years in the future on mars and has nothing to do with the breaking bad.

atleast the old republic has the hook of “star wars but in the past”.
Background Pony #3AFE
@09MurphyM  
What @Angrybrony said. And besides, other than the new location they honestly won’t try anything new. You can bet that I’ll just be a repackaged Original Trilogy story
Angrybrony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

🔥Sunset is best girl🔥
@09MurphyM  
but what’s the point then? it could just be a different franchise at that point cuz it’s not str wars.

what if they did batman but his not in gotham, it’s not bruce, the costume is bright orange and has a tiger stripes and he’s super power is ice beams and no gadgets and hitting dudes.
Darth Prime
You are being deceived - Derpi Supporter
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Patron
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

@Angrybrony  
Well that’s what Elseworlds are for.

That said I don’t see the point of setting it in a new Galaxy.  
Like what was the point of the canon wipe and reboot if they’re moving away?  
The reason for such a thing as a new setting is to get a “fresh start” free from all the history if it becomes to cumbersome to tell stories.  
But they already did that with their reboot but it seems like that didn’t work for them so now Disney is trying a real clean start where not even the old movies will effect them while still using the Star Wars name.
Mad Black
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Speaking Fancy - For helping with translations
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

@09MurphyM  
Then they could go into the deep core, the wild space, the unknown regions, or just Hutt Space. They have a galaxy that s 100000 light years in diameter plus two or three dwarf galaxiey that soround the main onw. That is plenty of space to explore. And they can even include new alien species and technology, space craft we hafen’t seen before. They don’t need a new galaxy to do new stuff with it. Just a few stables that makes Star Wars Star Wars, like the force in general, and even that isn’t really a necessity, if you just include enough to identify it as our Star Wars galaxy.
Background Pony #3AFE
@Darth Prime  
And even then you can bet your ass they’ll still try to copy off of the old Star Wars movies. I hate how Disney is handling Star Wars, it’s all so…corporate and committee based. Say what you want about the prequels but George had a vision he wanted to show.

And no, I don’t belive that RJ had the same freedom as George. The suits probably had him on a tight leash, the story had to be “safe” and “appeal to all audiences”
Darth Prime
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -

I got it I figured it out!

full

It was when Threepio was attached to a battle droid body he was clearly influenced by its program and it’s been laying dormant all these decades.
Darth Prime
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -

@neutralgrey  
Well it’s bad per se.  
Though with that double bladed lightsaber it does feel like they’re trying to say “we’re not ashamed of the prequels anymore” since one of my criticisms of the Sequel Trilogy especially it seems in TFA is how hard it tried to avoid being like prequels like the whole wiping away the Republic thing.
neutralgrey
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -

@Darth Prime  
I know, there WAS a massive dislike of the prequels but now that fans (such as I) have grown up and know how to voice my own opinion (also having grown up with the Clone Wars) I see the value in the Prequels and realized that it wasn’t a mess but unlocked potential
Zerowinger
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

3-3/4" Army Man Fan
@Background Pony #444E  
Oh I agree, Phantom Menace was pretty bad - but it was actually a movie. It had a very clear beginning, middle, and end, and all the story beats that went with it. By contrast, Attack of the Clones jumps aimlessly from scene to scene with no sense of pacing, there’s no buildup to the finale, and the conclusion isn’t closure to a three-act story - it just ends. In a lot of ways, AOTC is kind of a precursor to the overly long and loud action movies we got later in the mid-2000s, epitomized by many of the later Michael Bay Transformers films.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide