Star Wars General

Darth Prime
You are being deceived - Derpi Supporter
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Patron
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

@Meanlucario  
It’s about how despite Luke still having guidance from Force Ghosts after ROTJ to help him learn of and from their mistakes Luke still fails with Ben and decides after that that as chaos rises around him he should quit because he is not fit to be a Jedi Master and none was.
09MurphyM

@Meanlucario  
The sith were in a period of hiding in plain sight by the time of episode 1, which palpatine gleefully points out whenever possible. The Jedi were literally unaware that the Sith were present on coruscant.
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Darth Prime  
Well, look at how Anakin turned out to see why Luke failed.

@09MurphyM  
Thing is, the key to being both a Jedi and Sith master is devotion to the force, with both sides losing their way in both canon and legends. It’s why Palpatine choose to not let Vader surpass him and made him his lap dog rather than a true apprentice.
09MurphyM

@Meanlucario  
I think the established consensus in both timelines is that the Jedi did not sense a thing regarding the return of the sith until the events of Episode 1, not even that Palpatine was secretly a Sith Lord.
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@09MurphyM  
That wasn’t my point. My point was that by the time of PM, they were plotting in order to rule the galaxy and slaughter the Jedi, not to please the Force. It’s like a religious figure using their power to promote themselves rather than their religion.
Darth Prime
You are being deceived - Derpi Supporter
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Patron
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

@Meanlucario  
Elaborate.  
How does Anakin’s fall mirror Luke’s failure?  
I suppose it’s the fact Luke acted on a vision of his nephew’s darkness like Anakin acting on visions of Padme’s death but that seems a superficial comparison.

Also as I said (and you seem to overlook) it’s about that Luke despite being able to talk to his father and other Force Ghosts (perhaps including Qui-Con) and learn how they failed and thus could avoid those mistakes still fucked it up.  
The point is that despite how much of stuff since TLJ has been trying to mitigate its… “short comings” this information compounds them.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Darth Prime  
Anakin failed since he let his emotions get the better of him, and it was Luke’s emotions that caused him to save Anakin. Luke was always an emotional person, it’s what let him to save his father, and it’s what damned both him and his father from becoming Jedi Masters, since Jedi abandoned their emotions/have them blocked when they are picked as babies, since emotions plus Force powers rarely end well.
Background Pony #5AD3
@Meanlucario  
And this is why Legends Luke ended up better…at least he wasn’t fucking denied Grandmaster status in that verse…
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Darth Prime  
Isn’t that the guy who decided to watch the Jedi rot from within than help them? I remember a video on The Old Republic talking about how he was a good example of why emotions and the Force don’t mix, since he decided to watch everything fall apart rather than try to stop it outside of one “maybe we should do something” and gave up quickly.

@Background Pony #2E4A  
There were no Jedi to grant it to him. They were all dead. Besides, being a Jedi Master is overrated anyway.
Background Pony #F406
>emotions and the force don’t mix(or well if at all)  
Darth Plageuis and Darth Bane disagree.  
full

full
Background Pony #3AFE
@Darth Prime  
To be fair, I don’t think their past experiences helped Luke for the very specific incident involving Crylo. I forgot, was he already being influenced by Snoke before Luke tried to kill him?
Background Pony #3AFE
@Darth Prime  
Well I guess that kinda explains it. Yoda himself was not in favor of redeeming Anakin at first, in RotS he tells Obi-Wan he has to kill Anakin because he’s fallen to the dark side. Luke was the only one who thought he could redeem his father, and even then he only narrowly succeeded. I can buy that he briefly considered killing Crylo but backed out, and no I don’t believe Crylo’s version of the story because he’s an emo punk bitch with a massive ego
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide