Star Fox

Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@09MurphyM
Starfox 64 is a remake of the original game, which was remade with 3D and Zero
So in a sense, the last couple of games were remakes of a remake

Not entirely true, you ever play the SNES Star Fox & the N64 one?  
They’re completely different games, with different levels, completely different music, and completely different bosses. This is oddly a common misconception going around, they’re not remakes, they’re more like reboots, as they basically reboot the same story. The storyline is the only thing “redone,” and even that’s simple enough to be interpreted differently. (Or it is possible to interpret SF64 as a sequel if you wish)

To me saying Star Fox SNES & Star Fox 64 are the “same game” is like saying “Super Mario 64” & “Super Mario World” are the same game, or saying “Ocarina of Time” is a remake of “A Link to the Past.”  
A remake is more like “Star Fox 64 3D” which is an exact remake of the N64 game.

And for that matter “Star Fox Zero” is very different from both games, as well.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
@Beau Skunky  
They all deal with the same Lylat War, I don’t care if it’s really a “retelling”, at some point they all start to blend. Really at this stage I don’t care for technicalities, I don’t care what gimmicks they introduce because in the end of the day they all deal with the exact same conflict, they all still feel the same, I just want something entirely new for a change. Comparing it to Super Mario seems pretty disingenuous because Mario has always had a paper thin story: “Bowser kidnaps peach and Mario needs to save her”, but really it’s world and tone lends itself to much more simpler story telling. The world of Starfox seems a lot more interesting and lends itself to more interesting stories for them to keep rehashing the Lylat Wars over and over again. I’m not asking for Mass Effect or anything, but I’m sick of them redoing the same story that accompasses over half the games in the series

@Typhoon2000  
  1. 64  
  2. Zero  
  3. Assault for having the most interesting ideas
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Kiryu-Chan  
Not true, considering they didn’t become an item until off-screen between the events of Assault & Command, and broke up before Command, hence why Fox & Krystal’s relationship was rather rocky in some of the story paths of SFCommand. So actually “Fox & Krystal” wasn’t actually even a thing for most of the series.

@Kiryu-Chan  
I don’t know, those three games feel very different to me gameplay wise. I still consider them way different.

After Adventures, Assault, and Command deviated away from the original story & gameplay style, and took the series in odd directions, (especially Command’s confusing alternative story paths, especially the controversial “Krystal is a biotch” one) most fans actually were begging to go back to the “classic” style like Star Fox 64.” Even I kinda was. (Assault, and such were a nice change of pace, and had some nice ideas, but the cheesy spacesuits, the BORG-like villain, and such felt like they were trying to turn it into a typical gritty space shooter. It tried to focus on-foot too, though the ability to change vehicles on some stages was nice though.)

I’m kinda glad Zero went back to the basics, and classic gameplay style despite it kinda messing up the classic control scheme which unfortunately kinda ruined the game. (I wasn’t so bothered by the motion contol as much as the changed button placement, and reliance on the two control sticks frankly.)

Still, there are some things I like about Zero regardless, and it had some unique moments, like hacking into a giant robot, and such which was awesome.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@09MurphyM  
From what I understand, it’s up to the player to decide.

Surprisingly, the “Kursed” interpretation of the character has been popular in some fan circles.
Dr Outback
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

3 questions
Best Star Fox game?
Worst Star Fox game?
Most underrated Star Fox game?

Command  
@Kiryu-Chan  
@The Equestrian Zodiac  
Pigma is a great character. He’s a good portrayal at being a greedy good for nothin’ traitor.  
He was made to be an asshole and he succeeds. I would like to know what his relationship was with James and Peppy. He probably butted heads with James a lot. They probably didn’t get many high paying jobs and James and Pigma’s ideals likely differentiated wildly. How close was he? What convinced him to take a paycheck over his team?
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Marx  
That’s actually pretty good.

@Typhoon2000  
Another round of 3 questions
Best character?
Worst character?
Most underrated character?

Fox,  
The Aparoids.  
ROB64.

@Dr Outback  
I actually like Pigma Dengar too. I’m actually a li’l thankful Zero kinda rebooted the series, as that means he’ll actually be Pigma now, and not some cube thing. (After what the Aparoid possession did to him.)
Background Pony #2A4D
You know that a franchise is messed up when even a shitty third party like Ubisoft manages to do a better Star Fox game than some big pieces… and Starlink wasn’t even a Star Fox game but a crossover.
09MurphyM

I’ve been watching Masae Anela’s LP of starfox adventure and it’s interesting hearing her talk about what Starfox adventures was going to be like when it was called Dinosaur planet.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@09MurphyM  
Yeah, some fans wish it stayed that way.

Though, it kinda annoys me that fans try to use that to demonize Miyamoto or Nintendo in general. (Or falsely blame it for why Rare & Nintendo separated.) They make it sound like Miyamoto held a gun to Rareware, and forced them to make it into a StarFox game, but according to a former Rare staffer, that wasn’t the case. Miyamoto just kindly offered them the StarFox license, and Rare employees while wanting to make a new IP at first, accepted, because they saw promise in using the license, and he said they LOVED Star Fox 64.

Star Fox Adventures may not be a great Star Fox game, but it was still a decent adventure game.

@Background Pony #EBEF  
Kinda bums me out that thanks to the failure of Star Fox Zero & Guard, that “Star Link” is the closest thing to a new Star Fox game we’ll ever see on Switch.

I actually enjoyed Zero, but I admit it had some control issues, and some unbalanced difficulty. (It was nice seeing classic stuff like the Attack Carrier, and Monarch Dodora come back though.)

For that matter, I liked SFGuard too, (which similar to Adventures, didn’t start out as a StarFox IP when development began, though, frankly that’s actually how most Nintendo games start out) and find it heavily underrated. I’m not a big tower defense genre fan, but it was a pretty unique game, with some nice puzzle/strategy genre mixing features, and made unique use of the WiiU’s multiple screen capacities, and such. I also liked the cute enemy robot designs.  
In general, I find the WiiU itself underrated.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide