Star Fox

Jarkes
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@Beau Skunky

What I’ve heard more recently is that apparently, due to Argonaut Software developing the Super FX Chip and the fact that they went under in 2004, it’s not entirely clear who holds the rights to the use of the chip, which makes it difficult to re-release. Kind of similar to why the Sonic Advance trilogy didn’t get re-released on the Wii U Virtual Console outside of Japan (and at this point, probably never will since it would seem that the Wii U Virtual Console is dead with 2 months of nothing new).
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Jarkes  
Actually, they still release some games for WiiU VC occasionally sense then, we got 2 TurboGrafX-16 games recently, in fact. (Alien Crush, and Neutopia 2, both good ones.)

If that’s the case, I’m curious how they’re able to use them now. Maybe they made it so the games can run without said chip technology.

A guy from Q-Games (Co-developer of “Star Fox Command,” & the “Star Fox 64 3D” remake) said they actually wanted to remake the original “StarFox” SNES game for 3DS, but Nintendo turned it down… (WHY?!) I really wish both Nintendo & Nintendo-fans would give the Star Fox series more love… (Oh well, we’re finally getting both original games.)
Jarkes
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@Beau Skunky

Right, I remember that now. But that was still like a month ago.

As for the legal issues, maybe they finally resolved whatever the issue was?

I remember seeing this interview a while back from a former Argonaut Software guy, and he sounded… really bitter about whatever happened between them and Nintendo. Not sure WHAT happened, but I honestly wonder if he might have had a bit of a personal bias about it.
Rabidcabbit
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Since the Beginning  -

Touch Fluffy Tail
I just want some star-fox games that are neither retellings of the first game nor have crazy control schemes, dammit Nintendo does everything have to revolve around crazy gimmicks!?

Oh and it only took this thread over a year to get to page two wadyaknow
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Jarkes  
Actually, it was a week, and a half ago. So WiiU isn’t quite dead yet. (Or at least, not until the Switch VC comes out, God knows when.)

Maybe, or resolved the technical issues.

Dunno, but I think that Bundy guy (whatever his name is, the one with the thick Cockney accent) on Youtube exaggerated Nintendo & Argonaut’s issues, which has started rumors that they didn’t get along at all. Despite Argonaut’s former employees still working with them, (some at Q-Games even) and speaking nicely about Nintendo. Giles Godard of Argonaut even helped Nintendo with games like Super Mario 64.

Bundy even tried to say the same about Rareware, as he seemed unaware most former Rare employees prefered working with Nintendo.  
“Star Fox Adventures” developers even debunked the rumors that “Nintendo/Miyamoto forced Rare to turn Dinosaur Planet into a SF game.” Actually they said they were offered it, and Rare was actually glad to use their property as they loved Star Fox 64.

I think that Bundy Youtube guy seems highly biased and ignorant of Nintendo, as that “Crappy things Miyamoto did” video he made got many facts wrong. (Miyamoto isn’t perfect, but at least do research. He even used the old “Miyamoto hated DKC” rumor, even though that was proven false. Heck, it was Miyamoto’s idea to revive the series on Wii.)
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Littlecabbit  
Preeeetty much…  
I remember the rumors were so bad, some crazy Krystal/Rareware fangirl on DA was constantly bashing Nintendo, and made a petition to have Nintendo give that character back to Rare. (Despite the fact, Rare is practically out of business now.)  
Not to mention the “DKVine” website for a long time basically became a total anti-Nintendo/Miyamoto fan site due to the rumors, and such. (Despite the fact, Nintendo created DK, not Rare…) Some even tried to claim Nintendo Power magazine hated DKC, (despite all the good reviews and VC recommendations for it) just because they praised the “DKC Returns” game, and said they “don’t miss the Kremlings.”

I love/miss Rare, don’t get me wrong, but some fanboys go overboard. Reminds me of the MLP Season 1 purists, or rabid retro Sonic fans.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@HighRollerHydra  
No kidding.

It’s funny how when I was a kid, I used to get crap online for liking old retro “bad graphics/not violent” games.  
Now ironically, I see many retro-gaming purists who are the opposite extreme. There’s even a guy on DA who refuses to draw Link blonde, and such out of such favoritism/bias.
Rabidcabbit
Since the Beginning  -

Touch Fluffy Tail
@Beau Skunky

Ugh, the sonic fan base was always such a bloody mess, to the point it practically was bloody.

I always was a fan of both franchises, too bad neither got very far before their games started …flopping around, hopefully the two newer games keep sonics momentum going.

On the topic of star-fox 2, I’ve watched a few playthroughs and it looks like a fun game to speed run, I can’t wait to play the finished product finally it should be much more polished than the incomplete versions that were floating around.

I’d like to see another Star-fox game in that same vein, where you could play multiple characters that have their own traits, hell I’d like a star fox game where you could build your own Arwing with different parts.

@HighRollerHydra

Trends just go around in circles it seems, in another ten years retro games will be hated again XD
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@HighRollerHydra  
Kinda, but Slippy was still prominent. Surprised they didn’t use Beltino Toad instead of making a new relative. I liked him.

@Littlecabbit  
As a Sonic fan myself, don’t get me started on the fanbase. :P  
Granted, I do know calmer cool Sonic fans too. Surprisingly, the Sonic thread in the forums is pretty much drama/fighting-free, and Sonic fans get along in there.

Sonic seems more alive then Star Fox at this moment. Interestingly, Ian Flynn writer for the official Sonic comic sense 2006, (and the Megaman comic too) is a fan of Star Fox, and said he’d love to write an official comic of Star Fox. (Shame Nintendo turns down licensed comic offers like crazy…)

Yeah, I hope it’s more polished, and multiple characters would be cool. “Star Fox Command” for the original DS was like that, but I didn’t like the touchscreen controls. (They worked better for Zelda DS games.)
Rabidcabbit
Since the Beginning  -

Touch Fluffy Tail
Oh yeah, I forgot command had that, well the point still stands

Krystal is too much fur-bait, if star fox ever sees another game, I won’t doubt she will make a return somehow, she does have a fan base, for certain reasons, maybe she’ll be a free lance bounty hunter they’ll run into or something? Less tribal hopefully
The Equestrian Zodiac
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

Witch Dagger!
@Littlecabbit  
Personally I wouldn’t mind seeing Krystal make a return, and that’s now because of her being fur bait either. Heck, if anything, I’d like to know just what Falco was doing during that time he had left Starfox before the events of Starfox Adventures.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@EPPony  
I hear Falco Lombardi was hanging out with his old punk gang during that game. There’s an official SFA manga about that, but comics/manga are usually alternative/extended canons. (Katt Monroe had a cool outfit in it.)

You notice SF characters are the few Nintendo characters that have official last names?
Jarkes

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
I can never remember the name of that character who only appeared in the Nintendo Power Star Fox comic based on the original game who was basically Fox’s girlfriend…
Jarkes

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
Also, Star Fox 64 3D has been a Nintendo Select in Europe and I think Japan (not sure on the latter) for several months now, but it still isn’t one in the US… Really hope that happens soon, I would very much like to get it.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide