Star Fox

Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
I hear the Super NES Classic Edition version & Switch Online Service version of the original SNES Star Fox actually has a slightly better frame-rate, and slightly less slowdown then the original SNES cartridge. Though, overall, they feel pretty similar to the original game, so I didn’t notice.

Maybe it’s ‘cause the Super FX2 Chip (used for Yoshi’s Island & Star Fox 2) is better.

That said, I know some feel the graphics didn’t age well, but i actually like that retro low-polygon look, and ironically the original Star Fox games aged better then some early 32-bit games. The soundtracks are especially good.
Dr Outback
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

@Beau Skunky  
“A game showing it’s age” isn’t the same as “aging poorly”. The graphics of the first two star fox games are primitive and clean so it will always looks as good as it was. No better or worse. the definition of ageless. pixel graphics from the NES and SNES days look old too but people still emulate it in games today. I wouldn’t say that aged poorly.

The N64 (unsurprisingly) had the best looking low poly graphics. I mean it was the most powerful of the fifth generation being 64-bit and all that. Also their games had the cleanest look. They tried not to put too much detail in their models which is why Star Fox 64 still looks great to this day. I also feel like the filtering made from the consoles and CRTs made some 32-bit games look muddy but looks better without it. Sometimes older games look worse without the filters because the CRT obscured the aliasing.

The soundtracks are especially good.

They are but the Corneria theme is overplayed. I prefer the 64/Assault theme.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Dr Outback  
It’s funny old pixel graphics aged better then low-polygon games, (many still like say, the original Super Mario Bros.’ style, and such) but I think those still have some appeal.

SF64 was great, but I like the brighter tone the SNES games had, and it surprisingly had some impressive designs with it’s few polygons it could muster. We wouldn’t have the iconic & unique look of the Arwings if it wasn’t for that. (Much like how Mario looks the way he does solely because of how 8-bit arcade games’ limited colors & pixel sprites.)

SF64’s iconic main theme is nice, but it’s a shame the SNES main theme doesn’t get much love. I really like the SSB remix of it.
Dr Outback
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

SF64’s iconic main theme is nice, but it’s a shame the SNES main theme doesn’t get much love. I really like the SSB remix of it.

The whole snes soundtrack kind of been overshadowed by Corneria’s theme. which is the most iconic from that game. which makes sense since it’s the first level in the game. It doesn’t help that the main theme for SNES game only fully plays during the credits where 64’s main theme plays in the opening movie.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Dr Outback  
Actually, many different variations of the SNES theme play throughout the game on menus, the victory fanfare, and such. The ending theme is just an extended version. So it actually is pretty iconic too, I say.

Come to think of it, Star Fox 2’s title theme is nice too.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@The Equestrian Zodiac  
Alot of vetran fans tend go down the hard route, though if you want to get a higher score, it’s best to switch to Macbeth on the map screen, (you can do that, and get all the Zoness searchlights too) instead of going to Sector Z.

@Dr Outback  
Oddly, Star Fox Command (DS) barely alluded to James’ fate at all making James’ playable appearance even more weird, with how nobody seems to be able to see him, or something adding to the “is he a ghost, or not?“

@Dr Outback  
Yeah, Macbeth was cool. Seems they used similar synths as the original SNES game.  
Kinda disapointed SSB Ultimate didn’t have any new SF2 remixes, now that the game finally got an official release (thanks to the SNES Classic) and with Wolf’s return a SF2 Star Wolf battle remix would’ve been awesome.

With the Spanish style of his themes, surprised they didn’t give Wolf a Spanish accent, though I guess that would’ve offended some.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@The Equestrian Zodiac  
Yeah, now that the game is a “Nintendo Selects” game, the 3DS one is cheap, and definitely worth the $20. Or you can get it even cheaper if you can wait ‘till MyNintendo has it up on discount again, (you can easily sign up for MyNintendo, and link it to your Eshop account) or wait, and see if it’s for the annual Eshop Black Friday sale.  
Though, I say it’s still worth $20.

The VS mode is much better in the 3DS game, though sadly no online mode, thanks to the online in the previous game SFCommand was kinda crumby. (Though, they could easily fix it’s problems… Like, don’t end a match for everyone, when one person drops out, and maybe count drop-outs as a “lost battle” to discourage people from dropping out in the first place to avoid losing. Sadly, alot of trolls did that ruining the experience, and now Nintendo is afraid to give SF an online mode ever again… Thanks, trolls.)
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@The Equestrian Zodiac  
It’s worth playing again, it’s arguably the best game in the series. It works very well as a 3DS handheld game.

My only gripe with it is, you have to tap the touchscreen to answer ROB64’s calls, instead of using the D-Pad, or something. Also, sense the voices are redone, some things like Andross’s evil laugh aren’t as good sounding as the original, but regardless it’s a good remake, but it could’ve used more new features, or a new secret level.

The new Score Attack mode is a nice way to replay, and practice levels though. You can also save in the middle of an adventure too unlike the N64 game.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide