Star Fox

Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
I got “Wario Ware Gold” (3DS/2DS) recently, probably the best WW games ever made, and why am I mentioning it here?  
One of it’s many 5-second microgames is the original “Star Fox” in all it’s low-polygon-count glory. (Though, with a better framerate & resolution for 3DS.) Seeing it really makes me wish Nintendo didn’t turn down Q-Games’ offer to remake the original StarFox for 3DS. (Like SF643D.)

And no, before anyone goes, “we got SF64 3D,” that’s the same thing,” no it isn’t… “Star Fox 64” is not the same game as the original SNES SF. People lately who’ve never played the SNES game mistakenly think they’re the same game for some reason. (Probably ‘cause the stories are similar, as SF64 is sort’ve a reboot, but even the stories have some differences, like the fate of Fox’s old man James is different, the planets are different, and such.)  
Still, they’re just as different as “Super Mario World” & “Super Mario 64.”

@Dr Outback  
Would be cool to play as the bad guys for once, and Star Wolf does have some fans.  
Only time Wolf was playable previously, was as an unlockable VS mode character in “Assault,” some stages in “Command,” and of course SSB Brawl, and Ultimate.
Dr Outback
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

I checked the official Soundrack CD for 64 and it doesn’t have the tracks for Solar (Sector Y),Aquas or Zoness. Zoness is my favorite score from 64. The music is so beautifully Melancholy. It carries the message of how it was a beautiful planet before the pollution.

@Beau Skunky  
I’m guessing you tell me this for new readers.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Dr Outback  
Really? Though, given the official soundtrack CD could only have so many tracks, I guess they couldn’t fit them all in. Though, the original Paper Mario one had a large amount of songs.

Shame they don’t sell official music CDs anymore like Nintendo Power used to. I guess video game soundtrack discs were more of a thing in Japan.
Dr Outback

@Beau Skunky  
Apparently there was a complete soundtrack of 64 released in Japan. There was also a Japanese CD for Assault and a Japanese soundtrack of Star Fox 64 3D for the platinum members of Club Nintendo.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Dr Outback  
Really? All we got was that one “Star Fox 64” soundtrack CD from Nintendo Power magazine back in the late ‘90s.

Kinda surprising they have all that, considering Star Fox isn’t very popular in Japan. (Like Metroid, and Sonic.)

I see so little SF merchandise, but back when “Zero” came out, GameStop used to sell cute plushies of the characters. Surprised there isn’t an officially licensed “Do a barrel roll!” shirt. (Even Nintendo themselves referenced that famed quote/meme.)
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Dr Outback  
The only bosses with last names, I recall were the Star Wolf team. Though, Pigma Dengar’s full name is shown in SF64’s intro story scene, while Wolf O’Donnel’s, and Andrew Oikonny’s were mentioned in SFAssault.

Regardless what some say, Andross’s isn’t “Oikonny,” despite being Andrew’s uncle.
Dr Outback

@Beau Skunky  
I mean boss names in general. Not many people know they even have names. I don’t even remember all of them.  
the Vs. theme for 64 is kind of a banger

@Beau Skunky  
@Dr Outback
Regardless what some say, Andross’s isn’t “Oikonny,” despite being Andrew’s uncle.

True. Even Dash being his grandson doesn’t guarantee his last name being Bowman either. Him having a grandson means he has son or Daughter of some kind. Andrew also implies he may have a sibling. Those would be something to explore.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Dr Outback  
I remember some, in fact in the remake SF64 3D, they actually have the boss names appear on-screen like Zelda now.

I see some write off Andross as a “forgetable villain,” but I actually always liked him, and as you point out he has alot of potential for backstory. Even in “Zero” he was given a bit more personality with his dialogue, and you sort’ve get to see more of his body then just his face now.
Dr Outback

@Beau Skunky  
I don’t think Andross is forgettable. They’re not allowing him to have the chance. He’s in Star Fox,2,64,Adventure, and zero. I don’t want him to become another Bowser or Ganon. He should stay dead and let his influence involve the story. I don’t like Commands story that much but I do like the idea of Dash trying to fuffil his grandfather’s legacy.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Dr Outback  
Well, he has been dead for most of the recent games, so I kinda missed him, so I don’t mind him coming back sometimes, or influencing events. (Though, I admit his reappearance in “Star Fox Adventures” was kinda random, and felt forced with li’l foreshadowing.)

Villains like General Scales, the Aparoids, the Anglar army, and such were ok, and it’s nice to have other villains, but Andross is still my favorite SF villain next to the Star wolf team.  
Interestingly, he might’ve caused the events in Command, as it’s implied he might created/mutated the Angar army unintentionally, and they were possibly carrying on his legacy after he was defeated/killed.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
Credit to Starfox Assault, it’s probably the only game in the series to not completely rely on Andross as a major villain
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Prowl  
What’re you talking about? Command had a new villain too.

And frankly, I didn’t really care for the Aparoids, as while it’s nice to have a break from Andross, they were basically just the BORG from Star Trek.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
@Prowl
What’re you talking about? Command had a new villain too.

A lot of moments linked back to Andross though, including one route involving restoring Venom being his vision and him not being bad(something I wish both the game and series delved more into, it genuinely sounded interesting). And then there was Dash Bowman, who rejected his vision, but had leaning tendencies, with one ending even having him succeed him.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Prowl  
Having ties to Andross isn’t the same thing as him being the main villain though, as he’s still not the main villain.

And yeah, I remember that alternative ending, though apparently none of the Command endings are canon, and take place in a time skip, so any of them are possible.  
There’s one ending where Fox & Falco join an F-Zero-like racing circuit, so it seems the SF development crew have some fondness for F-Zero too. (Which they’ve also worked on.)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide