Star Fox

Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Dr Outback  
Nice!

I hope SSB Ultimate has a few cool new SF remixes. The series does have good music.  
Now that SF2 has an official release, it’d be cool if they had a remix for that game. Maybe even it’s Star Wolf theme for Wolf.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
Looks nice, but I fear after Zero’s “failure,” this is probably the closest thing to a new Star Fox game the Switch will ever see. Much like how Nintendo put F-Zero stuff in “Mario Kart 8” to appeal to F-Zero fans, and not have to bother making a real F-Zero game…

For that matter, I actually bought Star Fox Zero & Guard recently, (cheap) and honestly they’re not that bad.  
Zero’s controls take some getting used to, and some boss-only levels are a bit tedious, but I actually enjoyed it despite it’s flaws.

Despite some bashing it for being a “reboot,” I liked it’s more classic Star Fox look, and feel, (as well, as seeing the original designs for Katt & the Star Wolf team. Never liked their redesigns in “Command”) as well as seeing Andross return as the series villain. (I found the final battle with him quite impressive.)

It felt more like an almost “Star Fox 64 2” game to me, rather then a reboot, but still not quite as good as a “SF64” sequel should be. It’s not as bad as some say though. Some act like it’s unplayable, but it’s not. Training mode has some interesting unlockable features too.

Frankly, I always felt the Rare/Namco GameCube games deviated from the usual style of the series. After the odd directions some of the other games took both gameplay, and story-wise, Like having Fox fight with a magic staff, and having a fantasy magical dinosaur planet setting. (Due to it not originally being a SF game, as some of you may already know.) Or having Fox & Co. fight their own grimdark version of the BORG from Star Trek with several characters almost dying. Or the romance drama, and downer endings of “SF Command.”  
So honestly, it’s not like the sequel “original story” games were telling Blockbuster stories either, nor had perfect gameplay either, (not bashing them, I enjoyed them too, despite their faults) so a more “back to basics” SF game is actually something I’ve wanted sense I was a kid.

“Guard” meanwhile, is a very underrated, and creative tower defense style game, that has some interesting puzzle, and shooter-like aspects. It’s kinda nice to have a different type of SF game, that doesn’t stray too far from it’s sci-fi shooter roots.  
It could actually work as a 3DS game too, but the multi-camera system looks clearer, and better in HD.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Dr Outback  
His spoken line (first character to speak BTW) is almost a direct SF64 quote. He’s even voiced by Mike West again.

I don’t think he was the leader, I think he was just getting the SSB team pumped for battle.

This actually might be more epic then “Infinity War.”
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
I like how all 3 english VAs of Fox are featured in some way in Smash. Steve Malpass(Adventures) voices him in the Corneria/Venom stages, Jim Ward(Assault) voices him in Lylat Cruise, and Mike West(64) voicing him in the proper game

@Background Pony #E2C9  
I like this guy, I’d love to see him do Fay, Katt, Fara or Lucy
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Shepherd  
Dash & Lucy were kinda cool. I kinda missed Peppy though, but at least he got to help regardless.

@Dr Outback  
That would be awesome. lol  
A James McCloud prequel of any kind would be cool. Wolf O’Donnel (Star Wolf) actually hinted once he knew Fox’s old man, but I can’t remember which game that was. Maybe he was a rival mercenary of James, as well.
Dr Outback
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

@Beau Skunky  
In 64 he says “You’ll be seeing your dad soon Fox”  
In Assault he says “You ain’t your father, after all”  
I used to think he was around the same age as Fox but thinking about it he looks to have a few years on Fox. Also he calls Fox Pup indicating Wolf is definitely older. according to a source Wolf was 27 during the events of the Lylat War. He was probably in his late teens early twenties when He knew James.

@Shepherd  
As much as I like Krystal, I would have liked it if the team became Fox, Falco, Sippy, Dash, and Lucy.

Why do you feel like Krystal needs to be replace or peppy for that matter? there’s no number limit. Peppy may have taken a non combatant role in Assault but he was still part of the team.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
@09MurphyM  
If that was the case she wouldn’t have been in Smash U. Yeah, she was an assist trophy, but given she’s pretty much in limbo that’s a pretty big promotion regardless. If anything it shows there’s still interest, it’s just a matter of making a new game that isn’t another Lylat Wars retelling
Kiryu-Chan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
Honestly the worst part about Command is that it actually has a lot of interesting plot elements and ideas; things like Peppy being the new Cornerian Commander, his deceased wife, his daughter and her being besties with Krystal, Peppy and Krystal having a bond, Andross having a grandson and said grandson going against him, Andross actually being misunderstood and wanting to restore Venom(and Krystal taking his side). This shit would have actually been interesting to see happen but they just tell us about it, and instead we’re watching Soap Opera nonsense like love triangles, break ups, couples fighting, etc.
Dr Outback
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

@09MurphyM  
For the last time Zero was a reimagining of 64/Lylat Wars NOT A REBOOT. Of course she wasn’t in it. Even if it was a reboot it’s one game. One that didn’t sell very well. There was no way telling what would’ve been kept or scrapped in it. It frustrates me that people firmly believe Krystal is gone because of one game. It’s like if Disney rebooted/remade Star Wars and people believe they got rid of Rey after the first movie when she wasn’t in the first original movie to begin with!

@Prowl  
Best thing to do is either retcon it and tell a new story with the things that worked or soft reboot the series and Use the Dash Makes a Choice ending as a base setup.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Dr Outback  
Yeah, it’s likely Wolf O’Donnel is older then Fox McCloud, he even kinda looks it. I think his SSB Brawl trophy even kinda hinted he knew James.

Also, after Assault in the DS game “Command” Peppy Hare basically took on General Pepper’s role, after Pepper fell ill. (Possibly after what happened to him in the previous game Assault.) Though, Peppy does help in a level or two with his own ship. The old grey hare still kicks butt.

@09MurphyM  
Actually, Slippy Toad did mention “Sauria” the planet they met Krystal on in the “Star Fox Zero” promotional 18-minute anime short. (It’s awesome. Everyone watch it!) Plus as you said Krystal is an assist trophy in SSBUltimate. So she’s not forgotten, or rebooted from existence.

@Prowl  
Yeah, Command was full of both cool, and terrible plot-concepts. Maybe it’s understandable why Miyamoto usually doesn’t like to overcomplicate his games’ stories. (He was less involved in Command.)

@Dr Outback  
Even if it is a new rebooted canon/timeline, they probably have or haven’t met Krystal yet. She coud still come back, as SSBU revived her.

I’m actually fine with the series rebooting, as it gives them a chance to fix some things wrong with the series.  
Shame Zero sold poorly, (I wasn’t really bothered by the motion controls, which were actually a li’l optional at times, but some things like fighting Star Wolf in Area 3 were kinda too difficult compared to SF64. Some of the “boss only” stages were a bit tedious, as well) as that likely means “Star Link” is the closest thing to a new SF game we’ll ever see on Switch this generation.

For that matter, I actually enjoyed “Star Fox Guard” too, and I found it creative.
Shyette
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Yuri (NSFW)
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

I want coffiee
Thought, Starfox has no motorcycle.  
Nintendo is letting Mach Rider gather dust.  
Maybe Starfox should absorb the Mach Rider
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide