Sonic Discussion

Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
Just finished Sonic Underground, and boy is this show something else. Hard to believe this is what we got instead of the 3rd season of SatAM, but for what it’s worth this show isn’t quite as bad as I imagined it. I remember seeing clips when I was a kid but by that point I was kinda starting to loose interest in stuff like that so I never watched it.
I’ll say some good things about the show first: it’s decently animated, Jaleel White does a good job voicing all 3 hedgehogs, great to see Knuckles even if only for a couple episodes (though I really dislike his voice), the story at least tries to be a mix of both previous shows, and I actually do like quite a few of the musical numbers. Also like they gave Knuckles’ grandfather a Sean Connery sounding voice.
Aside from that this show is still pretty awkward to watch, the idea of Sonic having siblings sounds interesting but I prefer the big brother relationship he had with Tails more, them using instruments and music as a weapon feels out of place especially for whatever tone they are trying to set, Manic and Sonia are okay but no one I would want to invest a lot of time to; also kinda odd they don’t really give Manic any powers outside of just being really good at lock picking.
Sleet and Dingo are not as entertaining as Scratch and Grounder are, also am I the only one who thinks it’s odd Sleet sounds like Peter Lorre? Robotnik despite having the SatAM design is not voiced by Jim Cummings and what we got just isn’t as good, and the story sharing similarities to SatAM is fine but unnecessary if your just gonna start over and introduce new ideas like Sonic having a brother and sister as well as a mother who is a Queen (seems like an excuse to make Sonia a princess like Sally was)
Oh well at least there was some corny fun to be had I suppose.
CalypsoFantasy
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Pre-1932 US car fan
@Dr_Osaka
Not really a fan of SU Knuckles either. From what I recall he was depicted as more of a klutz like in the 1996 OVA, rather than being hot-tempered and constantly egged on (pun not intended) like in X.
Sleet is actually in my opinion one of the neatest Sonic villains (next to Nack/Fang) and I think without Dingo he could have easily posed a threat to the royal triplets. I love his ominous cold Canadian (?) accent, though I’m not really sold by his Lego Technic-like armor…
Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Sata Andagi!
@CalypsoFantasy
I never said I disliked Knuckles character in Underground, I just said his voice didn’t fit him, personally I think they stuck close to his personality from the original games and a little bit of Adventure in there, and I think he acted less like a doofus and took his guardian of the (Chaos) Emerald quite seriously.
Yeah I guess Sleet by himself is fine, so really it’s Dingo who more or less makes them less threatening and more comic foils.
FerrumFlos1st
Artist -

Patron of Sonic/MLP
Now this is just pure evil. Moreso than Sonic.exe, Tails Dolls, or any creepypasta out there.
Imagine traveling back in time around early 2010s and say, “Both Sonic and MLP will appear in the same movie by Disney.”
This is the closest we have for an official Sonic and MLP crossover, where the characters appear in the same medium. Albeit as cameos, not much interaction,…and a very unlikable Sonic design.
Dr_Osaka

Sata Andagi!
I saw the clip on YouTube and I just about died from laughing, I gotta hand it to them for having a good sense of humor about the original movie design,
although they make a big deal about Sonic’s teeth even though there was so much else wrong with the design like the eyes, more human like face, white stomach fur, human/animal hands colored white to look like his gloves, and the more muscle tone legs.
Still it’s nice Paramount let them use the model and have a good laugh at the scenario, also like they gave him this chain smoker voice instead of Ben Schwartz.
RogueBadnik
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

⌜Ω⌟
So, IDW is suffering yet another Ken Penders-like copyright case.
This time its the creators of an character called “BoingKid”, and the creator is calling out Evan Stanley and her “Belle” character for “stealing the design”.
Of course, Evan already reacted to this, but I think the tweet is gone.
Overall, the comics cant have a break, uh?
Dr_Osaka

Sata Andagi!
I’ve been watching episodes of Sonic Boom on YouTube and Netflix, and while the games are awful I’ll admit the show is actually funny.
Now I should reiterate that the reason the show is funny is if you view it as a parody of Sonic the Hedgehog; with Sonic acting more sarcastic then usual, Knuckles pretty much acting like Patrick Star, Eggman being even more of an over-the-top comic villain then usual, the episode plots not being taken seriously at all, and a lot of jokes poking fun at the Sonic franchise and fanbase

Basically if you view the show as a parody it’s actually quite clever and at times hilarious to watch, plus I have to give the show some credit like having models that look like the official characters (even if it is the Boom designs) a location that actually looks like Sonic home (as opposed to the Boom games) and decent action scenes using the strengths best suited for the characters, not to mention Sticks the Badger who is an interesting edition to the cast and some other notable/familiar faces that are great to see.
Cyborg_pony
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

@Dr_Osaka
I think that’s kind of the problem with it. It’s like the abridged version, but official. There hadn’t been a Sonic cartoon for a while and then Boom happens. That’s why the Sonic movie did so well.
Dr_Osaka

Sata Andagi!
@Cyborg_pony
Thank Celestia for the movies being good AND successful cause now people can take Sonic seriously again.
Also looking forward to Sonic Prime.
Villains in movies falling to their doom: Screaming in agony
Jim Carrey Robotnik falling to his doom:
Dr_Osaka

Sata Andagi!
Paramount released a new short called Sonic Drone Home which takes place after the 2nd movie. It’s cute, has really good cartoony animation, decent voice acting (I get they can’t get Idris Elba for Knuckles but it’s a decent replacement) and the idea of one of Robotnik’s drone turning good is as much a Sonic story as you can imagine; hopefuĺly they bring him back for the next movie (and is given a name like Gamma or Omega or even Emerl)
@Dex Stewart
Oh yeah I guess that’s a good way to describe Sonic Boom
Dr_Osaka

Sata Andagi!

I love these
(Although if they are gonna go with original game designs shouldn’t Grounder be red and Scratch look like Clucker?)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide