Sonic Discussion

Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
Sir Percival is available to unlock in Forces now, we just need Sir Gawain and we’ll have the main cast from Black Knight.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Dr_Osaka  
They stated the Warehog is coming this Halloween, which I’m surprised took them this long, seeing as the Warehog Sonic has his fans.

I doubt they’ll ever add Marine the raccoon, whom is one if my favorites. She got some backlash at first, as some found her behavior, and Aussie slang (which was, because she had a Kansai dialect in Japan) annoying, oddly despite only speaking in text. Though, some fans miss her, or feel she’s undeservingly ignored. Especially, with Sonic Rush Adventure’s ending hinting she has some kinda secret power.

@Cosmas-the-Explorer  
Yeah, Big doesn’t get much love, despite occasionally having his rather hilarious, and badass moments in the comics/games.  
He was great in the Team Sonic Racing official animated short.

In the first ep of Sonic X and some games, he mostly just makes Derpy-style cameos.

@Penguin Dragneel  
What short?
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Blissful690  
I’ll check it out, I loved Sonic Paradox’s “Sonic Shorts” parody series.

Some shorts are hit or miss though. Like the one where SatA.M. Robotnik destroys 4Kids’ HQ, which was oddly treated like the “creator of Sonic X,” rather then the localizer. People forget “Sonic X” was originally made by TMS.
Red-Supernova
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Thread Starter - The Mega Man thread!
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Passionate opinionator
@Beau Skunky  
Yeah. While each game is doable to do perfect runs of, erasing your score just by one death is too harsh. I think reducing your score by half (or a third) or reload where you were from the last checkpoint with your score intact but the time is still at where you died at would be a better compromise. Hopefully we get some mods of the 3D games with other QoL patches that push this idea so people might enjoy the 3D games a little better.

Yeah, but the game was too simple for its own good. And from hearing how Naka treated other Sonic co-developers, some would say Naka got karmic payback for his actions.

@Beau Skunky  
I just find it depressing when I see most people talk about how the versions of Sonic and other characters I like are considered the worst/weakest of the entire Sonic multiverse.

@Dex Stewart  
I agree with Beau. It sounds like an idea for disaster. Though I do wonder what would happen if we got a “Spiderverse” take on Sonic. (I’ve still haven’t seen Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse yet so I hope I’m right with my concept theory.)

@Cosmas-the-Explorer  
As a Cream fan, I would have been in all for that idea.

@Cosmas-the-Explorer  
I just like the idea of Big fighting off bad guys with his mostly blank face.

@Beau Skunky  
Oh god, I never liked that short. Probably because I was a Sonic X apologist at the time. Also from what I heard, if it weren’t for 4Kids commissioning TMS, we would have never got Season 3 of Sonic X. Plus, I think even they were aware of Chris’s hatedom so even they knew that giving Chris his own spinoff would be a bad idea.  
Another short I didn’t like was Sonic telling Mario “I hate you!” I don’t know why I can get easily offended by the dumbest shit at times.
Penguin Dragneel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Artist -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
@Beau Skunky  
I’m kinda just meh on her. She usually switchs between mildly annoying and tolerable on a whim, but her worst moments don’t even hold a candle compared to the those of Big, Chris, and Elise.

Also, she wad the lead-up to the best face in Sonic comic history, so I gotta give her props for that.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Red-Supernova  
Forces was also a li’l easier to get higher ranks on some levels. And I agree the resetting scores, or making one minor mistake to repeat the entire level again was a pain.

@Penguin Dragneel  
You mean the Shadow meme face?  
Hey, I like Big. :(

@Red-Supernova  
I see people bash the Sonic stuff I like all the time too. It’s best not to let it upset you.  
I guess it’s hard when you see it constantly. (Sanik fans love to bash… I usually try not to bash things.)

That parody short was kinda a shallow parody, because even if they wanted to, there’d be bo way they could take a character from the show, and give him their own show.

I admit, I didn’t like some of 4Kids changes too, but they have done some good things like the Pokemon dub was alright, (and less censored) and as you said they helped get Sonic X a third season, seeing as the show (and Sonic franchise in general) wasn’t very popular in Japan.

And granted a few edits were better, like the gag in the trainride scene in the third episode works better without Amy’s thought dialogue.

Truthfully, despite it’s flaws, (and fanbrats that bash other Sonic shows) I enjoyed “Sonic X” too.  
My favorite original SX character was Bokkun, Eggman’s annoying messenger.
Red-Supernova
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Thread Starter - The Mega Man thread!
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Passionate opinionator
@Beau Skunky  
Oh yeah they did in some places.  
I would love to see mods of the other 3D games that offer similar mercy like Colors and Forces did.

You got that right that I see it constantly.

Yeah, they knew that a Chris Thorndyke spinoff would be recipe for disaster.

Its quite interesting that they were the ones to get Sonic X a third season with more action and higher stakes but yet they still removed the death scenes.

I remember you saying that. I’m not surprised if one of 4Kids’ better moments were how they handled comedic scenes.

I liked Bokkun as well.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@northern haste  
Shame. I thought about preordering for the gifts, but I don’t know the best place to get the best ones.

@ᏰᎯᎠᎻᎬᎯᏒᎿ  
I dunno, some Texans, and almost every state hated it.  
I liked it, despite it’s flaws.

@Red-Supernova  
I guess in Rouge’s case it’s to highlight her “sexyness.” Though, ironically, 4Kids sometimes edited her cleavage line out, and made her chest smaller.  
You can probably guess how Rouge fans reacted.

@Red-Supernova  
I remember hearing the third season of SX never even aired on Japanese TV, because the show was already cancelled. (As Sonic is sadly unpopular in Japan.)  
It was only shown officially in Japanese on websites and streaming.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide