Sonic Discussion

Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Blissful690  
@[Ω] M E G A  
As with the “Little girl racks up huge bill over MLP ap” incident parents really need to either put passwords on purchases, or just not save their credit information on the ap store, and such.

Guess the kid really wanted the new “Jingle Bell Amy” character/outfit. (Well, her new outfit is sickeningly adorable. lol)
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Angrybrony  
Yeah, they should have limits. I really find it odd many of those aps have an option for spending $50. $99. on in-game items/currency/ect.

As much as I enjoy “Sonic Forces: Speed Battle,” and I understand even “free games” need to make money too, (otherwise they get shut down, or get no more new content) but I wouldn’t even spend half of that on that… You can buy games with more content for less. Seriously, who spends that much on “free” games?
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@northern haste  
That’s what I said, plus it supports the game, and future updates. I just think charging more then a full retail game costs is kinda overkill.

I’ve only spent like $4 on Sonic Forces: Speed Battle, and I pretty much have every character unlocked, except the new one, Jingle Bell Amy, whom I’m close to unlocking.  
And Sonic Dash I didn’t spend anything on, and I got everything unlocked… Except a few limited time characters. (Like Pac-Man.)

@ShadowBolt Platinum  
Good point.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Dex Stewart  
Mario the fursuiter.

@Angrybrony  
I know, (and as I said the $99 option seems uncessary) though granted the Sonic aps can be played free, and you can unlock everything without paying a cent.  
Parents should also actually monitor their kids’ spending, or put a password on their payment accounts, or just not give kids access to their credit cards.” If a parent is too lazy/stupid to do that, then it’s their own damn fault if their kid doesn’t understand they’re spending hundreds of their parents’ money.
RogueBadnik
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

⌜Ω⌟
Well, Knuckles the Echidna is now officially confirmed to appear in the second movie, plus a new support human character and a guest star.
RogueBadnik
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

⌜Ω⌟
So, a tweet made by Penders himself states that Shade the Echidna is under his power.

full

full

I am surprised. I always thought SEGA was unable to use Shadw just to avoid any conflict from both sides or any problem at all, but no, its because Penders seems to “own” the characters.
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Pone of Astronomy
@LightningBolt  
Oh, the one where Labyrinth came after Green Hill. Gross. The final one still sucks but damn. I’m just glad Sonic 2 improved on basically every aspect.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Mikey  
Labrinth Zone was a pain, and Sonic 2 was definitely a better game, but I still like/enjoy Sonic 1.

@[Ω] M E G A  
Makes it really ironic that Ken used to always brag about using only his characters/concepts, and tended to ignore characters by Karl Bollers, and such.

Also, anytime I see some guy have to reassure everybody that they’re “reasonable” in that wording, they usually aren’t… (Especially, that “nobody else can” remark.) Ken has totally become the embodiment of “DONOTSTEAL!”

Also, how the hell can he use characters like Robo-Robotnik, and Evil Sonic/Scourge, characters that are literally based on Sega’s concepts, and designs, and look almost exactly like the Sega characters?

And let’s not forget Scourge was designed by artist Patrick Spaziante, so Ken is claiming all ownership of characters he didn’t even create himself now. (He doesn’t even credit artists that designed characters for him, like Jonathan Grey whom designed characters like Lien-Da, and Finitevus. According to Grey, Ken told him just to make Finitevus a “white echidna,” and gave no other design suggestions, or anything.)  
Even if he did come up with Evil Sonic, (though, I recall, another writer helped make his debut story with Ken) that trope/idea of “evil counterparts/twins” has been in comic books sense Superman/Bizzaro, or possibly even before in old literature like “Jekyll & Hyde.”

As I said before, I may enjoy Ken’s stories/characters, but I just don’t understand the guy himself, and he has an ego the size of Mobius.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide