Sonic Discussion

Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@LightningBolt  
Yeah… I miss Archie Sonic too…

I recently checked out the IDW reboot series, and honestly it’s pretty good, but I still miss Archie Sonic alot. (Wish it at least made it past the issue #300 milestone.)  
Unpopular opinion, but Archie Sonic is my favorite Sonic official canon, not just because of the SatA.M. characters, but because it had old, and new game characters, (before Sega mandated “Classic Sonic” & “Modern Sonic” are now separate) mixes the cartoon stories/canon with the game canon stories, and has plenty of original stuff mixed in too, and even some nods to stuff like the OVA, and AoStH. It was like a huge melting pot of all the major Sonic canons.

IDW Sonic while good, honestly feels a bit limited to only modern game characters (so “classic” ones like Nack, Mighty, Ray, ect. aren’t even allowed, and they were frequently in Archie) and new ones. It’s a shame nothing else from any other canon is allowed in it.  
It’d be like a new Ninja Turtle comic where almost all of the old characters aren’t allowed.
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
Unpopular opinion, but Archie Sonic is my favorite Sonic official canon,

Oh absolutely, same. For all the same reasons you mentioned, same feeling about IDW too. It just felt like (pre-reboot) Archie Sonic had the perfect balance of everything, and it even had males with full outfits and half-naked females and it make designs cohesive. Alas, was too good to last.

@pixel  
Who’s Cyclone?
Ranch
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Dragonball Girlfriends
@Beau Skunky

I feel like a lot of that stems from nobody besides people working on the comic knowing the truth. I’ve heard people say those “mandates” were created by Penders. Others say they never existed and Ian made them up so he wouldn’t have to deal with shipping.
Penguin Dragneel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
@Ranch  
I dunno, considering the backlash Sega got for Sonic x Elise in 06, it may have been created as a result to not have a repeat of that.

Yet another case of Sega learning the wrong lessons from their mistakes.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Ranch  
Ian nor Penders don’t have the power to create mandates on a series they don’t own. They’re just writers, who have to answer to their bosses/editors, and licensor at Sega & Archie. According to what Ian said, (or all he legally can give out) Sega owns the majority of the comics, and they make the mandates. I even remember Ken stating he’s tried to fight against mandates before too, and writer Karl Bollers said he’s had to follow mandates too. So it’s not something “Ian made up.” (Which is just a conspiracy theory the Ian-haters made up.)

@LightningBolt  
I suppose it is odd Sega mandates male animals can’t wear clothes, and stuff.
pixel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

@LightningBolt  
I should have said “the Cyclone” to indicate it’s a “what” not a “who.”

The thing Tails rides in SA2.

full

I mean, I could see Omochao getting it on with that thing.
RogueBadnik
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

⌜Ω⌟
I feel this #Rally4Sally thing is getting out of hand.

At this point, I am starting to wish this rally should fail. It only brought more drama.
Ranch
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Artist -

Dragonball Girlfriends
@[Ω] M E G A

I admit I am touched by the fervor. Sally is loved and appreciated. But yeeeaah the cringe is real and I think the movement is headed by one of the cringiest sally fans ever. I like Sally a lot but I’d prefer she and the Freedom Fighters remain obscure. Why? Simple. Sega/Sonic Team are fucking incompetent. I don’t want anyone who works within 100 miles of Sega having anything to do with these characters. I’d rather they stay in the hands of fans/ people with actual talent and imagination, than to let Sonic Team mess them over. And that includes Ian Flynn.
Ranch
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Dragonball Girlfriends
Lol I came back to pre-empt what I mean about Flynn. I don’t hate the guy but at the same time I can’t deny that I’m less than impressed with IDW Sonic. I read it anyway…but it could be better. Most of my issue comes from the lack of world building.

I feel like Flynn can work magic when it comes to fixing other people’s messes. Like how he fixed a lot of issued with Archie when he came in. But I think he kinda sucks at making stuff up from the ground up. That includes world building and character development that wasn’t already existing. Granted I don’t know how much of it is him or Sega, but I hate the fact that none of the towns or cities have names. I have no idea where anything is in relation to anything else.

On top of that the characters are about as plain and boring as they are in the games. It’s fine and easy to forget when the fighting starts, but the game only characters in IDW don’t interest me nearly as much as the character’s in Archie. With their families, friends, jobs, backstories etc. I was invested in them because their lives meant a lot to other characters and they did not merely exist as “heroes in a box” which is how most of the game characters feel. I really liked Mighty’s sister Matilda, and I wish game characters were allowed to have family, even if they are confined to the comics only.

So I really doubt Flynn could find a place for Sally and the Freedom Fighters that feels natural and not just rushed cameos to satisfy an insistent niche of fans. Not to mention, I’m not the only one who feels like he transplanted Sally’s personality into Amy.
SaturnCarArtz
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Rarity Lover / Derpy Fan
@Ranch  
I am a friend of Pixel and I apologize to him if this is too personal  
I wouldn’t say he’s in is 40s. That is stretching it a bit in my opinion
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide