Sonic Discussion

Blissful690
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Violet Frost Fan
If anyone’s interested in who I paired my Sonic OC with, it’s Lara-su, and it’s a lesbian couple. The reason for this is because, and I know it sounds lame, they’re both echidnas and they both wear glasses.
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@Blissful690  
I made my OC gay so I wouldn’t be bugged by random sex RP as a teenager.

By other teenagers, mind.

He’s still gay and I wouldn’t pair him up anyway as he’s a loner.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Hot Soup  
Y’mean, “MY CHARACTERS DOUGHNOT STEAL?!”

@LightningBolt  
Nowadays, you’d probably get bugged for that just as much, or possibly more with a gay OC.  
Though, sounds more like he’s “asexual” in that case.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@northern haste  
Oh yeah, that’s annoying. Especially, when they start making hate art of canon ‘ship characters. (Come to think of it, Sonic doesn’t really have any canon ‘ships anyway, so they have nothing to be mad at. Sure Knuckles & Rouge flirted a li’l, but they’re still not in a canon relationship, and still rivals.)
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@TheHappySpaceman  
And she only exists in the “Sonic X” anime canon. I still remember back when everyone thought that canon was the same as the game canon, despite the contradictions/changes in the game adaptation stories, all the new characters, and such.  
Not to mention it uses the “Sonic & Co. are aliens from another world” concept, (which is only canon in the cartoons/animes/movie) but the game canon treats them as basically from earth.
LightningBolt
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@TheHappySpaceman  
I’ve never been bothered by him.

I just found the overall Sonic X writing to be pretty shit, regardless of character or language.

But lots of people seem to like it and hate chris and love sonic so what do I know.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@LightningBolt  
Well, I don’t really hate him either, but I can kinda understand why some are annoyed with him, as he’s basically just an audience-surrogate kid, though hard to relate to, is a bit clingy, and he not only took screentime from Sonic, but as Happy Spaceman said, other characters like Tails too. (Heck, Tails was never show using his “helitail” until season 2.)  
I liked the wheelchair girl Sonic befriended better.

And actually, I have seen lots whom hate the show too. Every Sonic game, comic, or show has as many fans as haters it seems.
Ranch
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Dragonball Girlfriends
@Dex Stewart

Pirate android rabbit? Pretty cool.

When it comes to shipping, no matter how much of it happens, I’m actually very glad Sega won’t canonize any of them. Personally I don’t think Knuckles x Rouge make a good couple. It’s clear to me Rouge just likes making Knuckles “Reee”. She is too “free” to be tied down to anyone. Where as Knuckles is literally stuck to a rock ontop of a rock. Though I think maaaaybe its been retconned that Knuckles isn’t stuck on Angel Island. I don’t know for sure. But I prefer Rouge as “single and flirty”. That’s her default vibe. That also means no romance with Shadow either but I’ve always liked the close friendship they seem to have.

The only ship I’ve ever considered canon was Sonic x Sally and even that has technically be made un-canon by Sega.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Ranch  
Well, Sonic X Sally is sort’ve canon in the old SatA.M. cartoon, and the “Mobius 25/30 Years Later” A.U. in Archie.

And yeah, maybe it’s for the best they don’t canonize ’shippings in the game canon, and new comics. No matter who they ‘ship, there’ll be as many angered as pleased.
LightningBolt

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
Sonic/Sally forever. I’m also quite fond of Knuckles/Julie-su. I think all other ships I like are either between non-game characters or just in fan content only. I like shipping Sonic and Blaze or Sonic and Shadow but I wouldn’t want them to be canon.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@LightningBolt  
I admit, I’m a bit partial to SonSal, though a li’l less then I used to be, because of some annoying SonSal fanboys on DA hating on Archie Comics, IDW, Sega, Ian Flynn, or anything they deem “Anti-Sally.” (Heck, some tried to accuse me of hating her oddly, just because I like the Archie Comics, and Sega games.)

Which is ironic, because years ago, Archie, and writer Ian Flynn took heat constantly from Sally-haters for teasing SonSal, using Sally fairly frequently, and such. Not to mention, Sega was the one who stopped Sally from being killed off permanently in the “Endgame” arc.  
It’s weird how fan drama flip-flops.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@LightningBolt  
Indeed… I even remember some actually wanted Archie Sonic cancelled, ignorantly stating it’d get rid of Ian, (whom is freelance, and doesn’t work for only one company, they really don’t understand how comics work) and thought a new publisher would pick up the series where it left off. (And I was trying to tell them, that’s very unlikely, but they’d brush me off.)  
Coincidentally, many of them wanted IDW to take over the series.

They got their wish, though now all their/our favorite Sonic cartoon characters are gone, (and even many original, and retro game characters) and everything had to be rebooted again. So they should be careful what they wish for.
pixel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

I was just about to post some crack pairings to pretend they’re the only ships I support but as I was typing one, I actually remembered reading a fic with it: modern Sonic x classic Sonic.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide