Sonic Discussion

LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@Blissful690  
It was just the Mobius 25/30 years later stuff.

I hate hate hate hate hate that stupid pairing, fucking hate it so much I refuse to acknowledge it. Mina and Ash forever. I hate shipping Tails in canon stuff. It’s always so forced and awful.
LightningBolt
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@Penguin Dragneel  
I actually have no issue with the AU itself, outside of that one fucking pairing, as I think the other pairings are fine and that the stories from them are decent enough. A nice chance of pace. I just pretend that Tails and Mina are just friends and that the kids are adopted, they don’t have a huge enough showcase to truly mess it up that much for me. It’s more about Sonic, Sally, and Lara-su, which is fine by me.
Penguin Dragneel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
@LightningBolt  
My issue was just that it was SO SLOW. The characters didn’t act like older versions of themselves, there was little to no action, and it just… didn’t feel like Sonic, much like many of the stories at the time.

Again, Flynn tried to fix it, and while he fixes the characterization, it still sorta neglects the action part.
LightningBolt

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@Penguin Dragneel  
I can’t say I ever was all that big on action anyway, so that never bothered me. I actually liked it (the au) more when it was slower and just a lot of talking mostly. Unpopular opinion, probs.
LightningBolt

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@Penguin Dragneel  
I was never bothered by it, it’s what made the comics special (to me) after all, as the games and everything else was always focused on action, seeing something that slows it down sometimes and just lets characters chill was novel. Of course it’s not all chill but it has a nice balance.

Again, to me.
Ranch
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Dragonball Girlfriends
As far as shipping Tails goes. I kinda want to ship him with Nicole sometimes. But at the same time I like shipping Nicole with Shard.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
I find ‘shipping anyone with Nicole kinda weird, ‘cause she’s basically a computer/hologram.  
I suppose Shard kinda makes sense, he is a robot.

As for the “Mobius 25/30 Years Later” A.U., I think there was good and bad things about it. Some fans didn’t like it’s more “slice of life mixed with some adventure” style, feeling that was out of place for the Sonic comic, and just felt that, and all the “happily married characters,” and stuff very fanfic-y.  
Though, as Lightning said, it was sometimes a nice change of pace, and nice seeing the older characters. Some characters like Lara-Su. (Knuckles’ & Julie-Su’s daughter) were kinda cool too.

I admit, I didn’t really like the Tails X Mina pairing either, as it was oddly random, and a bit awkward considering she & Sonic used to be sort’ve a thing. (Contrary to what some say, technically Sonic & Mina never actually became “BF & GF” in the series though.)  
Ken Penders said he only did that, because the editor made him start using Mina, (whom Ken ignored, because he tends to ignore characters/events by other writters like Karl Bollers, as Ken didn’t really collaborate well, and prefered using only his own concepts) and he didn’t know what else to with her in M25YL.
Blissful690
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Violet Frost Fan
Whilst we’re on the subject of pairings, has anyone ever shipped their Sonic OC with a canon character (be it games, comics or TV shows)? [raises hand]
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@northern haste  
Agreed, and honestly he would actually be a good fit for the character, because Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson actually sounds close to some of the old game versions of Knuckles, and he could definitely pull off both the character’s badass/tough/cool, and comical vocal traits/tones well.

@Blissful690  
Can’t say that I have, though I thought about drawing a satirical, unflattering, self-deprecational pic of Skunky flirting with Princess Sally Acorn before, and her being all disgusted/angered looking, to kinda poke fun at my former fanboyness of her, and as a subtle “take that” against the whole “Sally X Geoffrey St. John” thing. (Truthfully, I never liked that skunk character anyway.)  
Though, I’m worried some might take that pic too literally. lol
Penguin Dragneel
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
@Beau Skunky  
My only real issues with it (aside from Penders’ signature awkward dialogue) was how unnecessarily dark it could get (Locke having died of CANCER out of nowhere; Sonic having an estranged relationship with his friends; etc). Again, this was something fixed when Flynn wrote sequels to it.

And also the fact that the supposed balance it had with SoL and Action was pretty one-sided.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Penguin Dragneel  
Yeah, I agree, though granted Ian could get pretty dark at times too.  
Still, M25YL had it’s moments.

I admittedly prefered Locke’s death by self-sacrificing himself to save Knuckles. (A move that upset Penders, and he still insists “Locke dying in M25YL is still canon”) Ian said he did that to actually redeem Locke, because honestly, all the crap he put his son Knuckles through, (even before he was born, he did experimentation on his egg) was honestly creepy, mean, and abusive.  
If anything Locke was almost a villain.
Penguin Dragneel
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
@Beau Skunky  
At least Ian’s dark moments didn’t come out of nowhere, and the characters weren’t comprised to fit in.

Yeah, Locke’s self sacrifice was MUCH better as a death. It actually kinda redeemed his character in my eyes (at the very least, I didn’t really hate him afterwards).

And I don’t give a s### how Penders felt about that. This is the same creepy ###wipe that sued Archie out of spite, and wanted Sally to lose her virginity to Geoffrey. I have zero tolerance for him after all that.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Penguin Dragneel  
Yeah, I think it helped redeem him.

As I said a few comments ago, I wasn’t keen on that “Sally X Geoffrey” thing either. I refuse to accept that as canon. (Frankly, I doubt Sega/Archie would’ve approved of that either.)  
Wasn’t there also an issue that implied Bunnie (after her breakup with Antoine) um… got a li’l “loose” with with Evil Sonic/Scourge? (Which was thankfully retconned later.)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide