Sonic Discussion

Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@ShadowBolt Platinum  
I hate to admit it, but I liked the “emo song.”

It’s funny, Shadow still gets stereotyped as a typical “emo anime anti-hero,” but he hasn’t been “emo” sense the Shadow solo game, and frankly, that game actually brought closure to his angst/issues, and stuff alot of people aren’t aware.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
Rumor has it, with Sega’s recent financial situation, that Microsoft might be considering buying them.  
While that might be fine with some, I honestly fear that idea, because look what happened to UK classic game developer Rareware (Donkey Kong Country, Banjo Kazooie, Battletoads, Perfect Dark, Goldeneye) after Microsoft bought them…  
And I am not buying an X-Box just to play only Sonic games… (I know some Microsoft-bought franchises like “Minecraft” are multi-console, but many of them aren’t, as well, and Microsoft might wanna keep Sega’s cash-cow classic franchises to themselves.)

@Don’t  
Not a ShadAmy ’shipper, but regardless cute.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Penguin Dragneel  
As much as a huge Nintendo fan as I am, honestly I don’t like that idea either, because of one thing.  
Nintendo is notoriously stingy, and overprotective with their properties. If Nintendo bought Sonic, then they will cancel the Sonic comics, the upcoming Sonic movie sequel, and possibly the Mobile games, and other things.  
Not to mention, take Sonic off STEAM, the Playstation Stores, and such, limiting his audience, and some Sega fans hate Nintendo still.

In fact, nearly a decade ago, Archie Comics actually approached Nintendo with a pitch for a Super Mario comic, and possibly a Kirby, and separate Metroid mini-series. (Artwork from the pitch can be found online drawn by Sonic/Megaman comic artist Tracey Yardley.)  
Supposedly, NOA (Nintendo of America) liked it, but Nintendo Co. LTD turned it down, no questions asked…  
They’ll let Mario be on Campbell’s Soup, and underwear, but won’t allow him in any American comics, and not even an animated show sense 1991. I really don’t understand Nintendo’s licensing department & policies…  
(As for the upcoming animated Mario movie, that’s been in “Development Hell” so long, I’ll be surprised if it ever gets made, and it wouldn’t surprise me if Nintendo cancelled it, like their cancelled Metroid movie.)
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@northern haste  
Maybe, but I kinda fear Nintendo might ax it before it gets finished.

@Angrybrony  
I love Nintendo, so I wouldn’t go that far, but I just don’t think they’d manage the Sonic series well.  
In fact, considering Sonic is more popular in America, and Europe, (and barely in Japan, even the “Sonic X” anime didn’t air fully there) Nintendo rarely manages most of their “More popular outside Japan” series very well, looking at Metroid, StarFox, F-Zero, and such. If Nintendo owned Sonic, then we’d have to wait 5-8 years for every new Sonic game, because they prioritize franchises that are more popular in Japan usually, or ones that are popular in both Japan & USA.

Heck, Nintendo put 2 F-Zero levels in “Mario Kart 8,” (and Captain Falcon’s racer) and allowed Ubisoft to use Star Fox characters in their “Star Link” game, just so they wouldn’t have to make their games on Switch, I bet… So I’d worry they’d neglect Sonic too.

Granted, I guess Sega is also guilty of neglecting/ignoring some their franchises too, but at least they allowed a new “Streets of Rage 4” to be made recently, and such. The only series Nintendo recently brought back is “Pikmin.”
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@northern haste  
I hate to sound negative, but Nintendo’s cancelled, or rejected so many movie, animation, comic, ect. preposals over the years, I’ll believe it when I see it. Heck, according to actor Danny Wells, Nintendo almost wouldn’t even let them make the “Super Mario Super Show” back in the late ‘80s, and abruptly cancelled it for no reason, despite it getting high ratings.

Nintendo is a great game company, but when it comes to managing licensed properties for non-game media/merch’, or allowing licensors some creative freedoms they kinda fall flat. (Heck, in “Wreck-it Ralph,” Capcom, Sega, Namco/Bandai, and others let Disney use many of their games/characters in them. Nintendo just let them use Bowser, a mushroom, and an NES controller. Heck, the sequel didn’t even have ANY Nintendo stuff included, yet Sonic got more dialogue.)

I hear Arcade1UP apparently wants to make a “Donkey Kong” arcade home cabinet (which would be great for DK’s 40th anniversary next year) but Nintendo won’t even allow/license that. (And Sega allowed them to make a Golden Ax machine with several other Sega games included. Sega does what Nintendon’t!)
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
I got art of one of my oooooold Sonic OCs courtesy of a friend.  
full  
full  
Ronjir The Husky, with ice powers.  
His design has only been slightly modified from 12 years ago.

I love it, and yes I know he looks kinda like Tails, and those are all clothes on his body.  
I’m happy, idc if no one else cares.
RogueBadnik
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

⌜Ω⌟
After thinking a little bit, I have come to the conclusion that a villain with powerful telekinetic powers, being inmune to fire and super strength would be the perfect villain to take down Sonic and all his friends.

With the exception of Whisper, almost all Sonic characters focus in close combat. This is why many of them couldnt do much towards the Metal Virus.
Blissful690
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Violet Frost Fan
And a not so happy 20th anniversary to Sonic’s answer to Mario Party, Sonic Shuffle. It’s not good, but it’s not bad either.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide