Sonic Discussion

LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@Mikey  
They’re bad to me.

And even besides that, I feel the same way about them he does.

@Goku Black  
That is only a section of the whole thing tho, the gameplay, yeah, but the story, tone, and overall experience, no. I don’t much care for Unleashed’s gameplay, but the rest of it is good enough and still in the 2000s era style that it gets a pass from me.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Angrybrony  
I dunno, they seemed to try to go back to the darker/more-epic style with “Sonic Forces,” but that didn’t turn out perfectly either.

And honestly, the classic games’ stories, and the Sonic Adventure stories weren’t exactly “Oscar winning” stories to me, so those weren’t perfect either.

@Goku Black  
Ironically, I see some fans say they prefered the Night/Warehog stages.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Dex Stewart  
I still want Jaleel White to cameo in the sequel movie. (Gary Chalk voice of AoStH Grounder, and “Underground” Robotnik was in it.)

Y’know, for a long time on DA I was afraid to post any drawing I had of Sally on there, because back in the early-2000s, the Sally-hate was at it’s highest point, because the notorious “slap” comic issue was still fresh in the fandom, and because of all the otakus hating on Sally for not being a Japanese-made character, or “not in the games/not made by Sega,” or whatever.  
Ironically, though, some of the games like Sonic 2 & the Sonic Adventure games were partially made in America, (“Sonic Spinball” was made 100% in America, but is still accepted by Sega) and the “Sega” company started off as a Japanese/American company actually.

Oddly, nowadays, it’s kinda reversed, and now on DA it’s the Sally-fans either being too overprotective of her, or bashing/hating on every other character, or canon that doesn’t include her. (Hate to say that as a Sally fan myself, but I tire of the hate mongering in the fanbase.)
Angrybrony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

🔥Sunset is best girl🔥
@Beau Skunky  
i didn’t say they had to be dark did I? i said they were shit and that means even for a sonic game.

the cheese of the old stories at least ment they had flavor to them. the news are just bland.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Angrybrony  
Sonic games always had both dark/edgy, and lighter/silly moments. Even grimdark games like the Shadow game had some corny/comical moments, and the lighter/sillier games like “Lost World” had dark moments too. (The Deadly Six may look/act comical, but they get pretty dark later on.)

I dunno, some of the newer cinematic scenes have some entertaining or funny cheesy moments too regardless.

@Don’t  
I’m not, in fact, reread my post, (which I was editing when you posted that) and because I like Amy too, I’ve been attacked by Sally fans, or accused of “hating Sally” too, even though I like both. I’ve been attacked by Amy fans for liking Sally, as well.

Even comic writer Ian Flynn gets constantly accused of loving Sally/hating Amy, or hating Sally/loving Amy, so he says he goes through that too.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@northern haste  
Oddly, on the movie’s commentary, they never even explain, or mention it, even during both of Gary Chalk’s appearances. They never even say who he is, but pointed out other “easter eggs,” like Sonic’s racecar bed being a nod to the Archie Sonic comics.  
So it’s weird they ignored that one, so you might be right.
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@Beau Skunky  
The movie was shot in Canada,right? Gary Chalk is a pretty common extra in movies shot there.  
He was in the 2017 Power Rangers movie,though his scenes were mostly cut and he’s only seen at a distance.  
The credits name his character “Officer Bowen”,which was Nick’s real name in Mystic Force.  
Also,here’s another old pic I found.  
full  
Did Rouge’s mother ever make an appearance? I like this concept,that her mother is a large chunky lady who’s overjoyed to see her daughter.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@northern haste  
(Google researching later.) Huh, odd, I always thought Commander Walters was Gary Chalk, (his voice does sound kinda like “Sonic Underground” Robotnik) but it turns out that guy was a different actor named Tom Butler.

Apparently, Gary Chalk was one of the other guys whom says, “Well our first instinct was, it was an E.M.P., but an electromagnetic pulse doesn’t have that kinda power.” and “That’s not even a country.”

Maybe you’re right that putting Gary Chalk in the movie was a good accident, as even on the commentary, the director & Sonic’s voice didn’t mention him, or knew who he was, or that he was in old Sonic cartoons.
Blissful690
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Violet Frost Fan
Happy 10th anniversary to Sonic Colours! Well, at least here in Europe, anyway, since we got it a few days before North America and Japan.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Blissful690  
Huh, I didn’t know that, very rare for a Japanese game to be released there first before any other territory.  
(In B4 somebody starts going off about how much they hate “Sonic Colors.”)

@northern haste  
You’re not, don’t worry.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide