Sonic Discussion

RogueBadnik
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

⌜Ω⌟
Ken Penders posted his recent artwork of his “Lara Su Chronicles”, and everyone suddenly started to spam him pics of Donkey Kong.
ShadowBolt Platinum

Don't lose your way!
This month is the ten year anniversary of Sonic Colors, I have it for both the Wii and DS. It’s also the fifteen year anniversary of Shadow the Hedgehog. I myself like Shadow the Hedgehog, so I don’t have anything against his own game.
Algebroot Neogears
Artist -
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

Sci-fi & Dragons
I remember when I first played Sonic Colors on my DS.

I had difficulty with the game because I never knew I was able to use the homing attack. I have previously only seen the two Adventure games (where I was introduced to the series), the first two Advance titles (which surprisingly don’t have the homing attack), and the games from Sonic Mega Collection (which are all classic games).
Blissful690
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Violet Frost Fan
I remember playing the Wii version of Sonic Colours on the day it came out. I managed to beat the game in a whole day. I might have had a few game overs along the way, but damn, was it worth it. One of the easiest Sonic games I played in years. Except for the DS version, since it used the same engine as the Rush games. The game’s soundtrack even gives me good memories of November 2010-September 2011. Next Thursday, I’ll be dusting off my Wii and playing the game to mark 10 years since it came out in my region. For those who have played the Wii version, which control method do you use? I like playing it with the GameCube controller.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
I kinda regret on missing out on “Sonic Colors,” as it looked nice, (especially Eggman’s comic-relief loudspeaker messages) and it seems to be one of the more higher rated recent Sonic games.  
Though, it has some haters too, which is honestly inevitable for every Sonic game, no matter how good nowadays.

Heck, I see haters for even the “beloved” old classic games too, and I see “Modern/SA Sonic purists” on places like DA constantly bashing “Sonic Mania” for “pandering to nostalgia,” while ironically demanding a “Sonic Adventure 3” game to pander to their own nostalgia instead… (Let’s not forget the original SA game is 2 decades old now.)  
Don’t get me wrong, I want a SA3 too, but the “Modern Sonic purists” or “SA purists” are starting to get as annoying to me as much as the “Classic” ones were. (I guess I’m one of the few Sonic fans in the middle kinda.)

Sorry to rant a bit. lol

@Algebroot Neogears  
I think in Sonic Rush you could use the homing attack with the R button, but it’s not necessary, or very useful compared to Sonic 4, where it could be used to access alternative paths paved with enemies.
Dr_Osaka
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
@Beau Skunky  
Sonic Colors was awesome, it was definitely another classic that I played so much when it came out, and don’t worry about haters if they don’t like the game that’s their business. Me personally Sonic and the Secret Rings was the only Sonic game on Wii I was disappointed in but Unleashed, Black Knight and especially Colors were all great.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Dr_Osaka  
Yeah, I didn’t really like “Secret Rings” either. It was difficult to even jump in the game.  
Only thing I liked about it was some of the surreal environments, (like the giant sand manta rays with islands on their backs) and some of the party minigames.
Algebroot Neogears
Artist -
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

Sci-fi & Dragons
@Beau Skunky  
The Secret Rings actually made me stop playing 3D titles for a long while. It was annoying trying to get the controls (I had a huge amount of difficulty trying to use the homing attack every time I wanted or needed to do one).

I forgot about this game because I never made it past the first level.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Algebroot Neogears  
Truthfully, I didn’t mind the motion, and auto-running controls, which were creative, (and have been better implemented in other Wii games) but some things like jumping were a chore, because you had to hold down the button to “charge” it, to determine how high he jumps, which ‘causes him to start skidding to a stop, and he doesn’t actually jump until you let go of the button, (not when you push it) and if you don’t hold it down long enough, he won’t jump high enough. This trick control scheme lead to me falling down holes many times.

At least, in Sonic’06 he could jump normally. I heard the badges you earn make Sonic control better, but he should be able to be controllable in the first place, if you ask me.

@ShadowBolt Platinum  
Wasn’t “Unleashed” one of the lighter games though? (Creepy final boss aside.)

Granted, even the lighter or more comical games have had their dark/edgy moments regardless.
Dr_Osaka
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
@Beau Skunky

@Algebroot Neogears

I agree that the environments are great, the music is awesome, and I do like the story and concept of Sonic traveling to an arabian world with his friends in the roles of timeless characters (Shahra is also pretty cute)  
But what killed it was the controls, the system was new at the time so they were still figuring out the motion controls and sadly it did really work out. I’d have forgiven the game if you could at least play with the nunchuk or classic controller but to do it all with the wiimote sideways AND motion controls added it just made things aggravating; all I gotta say is thank god they learned from their mistakes when they did Black Knight.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide