Sonic Discussion

Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Red-Supernova  
I’ve played it too, (Switch version) and it works fine. My only criticism is the main menu takes some getting used too, but admittedly the bedroom setting menu, with the actual game boxes on a shelf is pretty cool.  
There’s also options that let you tweak the emulation, (like the screen boarders) a rewind feature to cheat, save features for every game, and even the Japanese version to a few games. There’s also a “mirror” mode, and some achievements too.

One thing you have to be careful with is the second control stick works as a brief “quicksave,” & “quickload” if you press it up or down, (though it doesn’t overwrite your files, you still have to manually save games in a slot) so you have to be careful with how you use those. If used correctly those can help you cheat through harder games.

Apparently, the only downside is the Switch version lacks the 2 “Monster World” games that the PS4 & XBO versions have, and there’s really no logical reason to exclude those. Regardless, the Switch version is still better for the portability factor.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
Sonic fan gets dogpiled for NOT liking a Sonic fan radio drama. Sorry to bring up fandumb drama, but this upsets me.

While she could’ve worded it better, and give better criticism, that’s kinda overkill for hundreds of people on Twitter to be attacking her. (So glad I don’t use Twitter.) She has a right to her opinion.

I mean sure it has professional Sonic voice actors, including original SA voice Ryan Drummond, but it’s understandable why she dislikes it, because the acting/direction and script writing IS bad. Voice actors need direction, and good writing to give a good preformance. So yeah, it wasn’t great, even I’ll admit it. “Sonic Underground” has better acting & writing.

The worst part of this drama is official voice of Sonic, Roger Craig Smith gets himself involved, and as you know official contributors to the franchise getting involved in fandom drama never ends well…
Red-Supernova
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Thread Starter - The Mega Man thread!
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Passionate opinionator
@Beau Skunky  
Good to hear. The menu for that game makes me smile. Its like mental junk food for 90s kids.  
Rewinding and save states have been a godsend for me when I play classic games these days. Even I would have asked for those as a kid. The addition of achievements sound like fun and would be a good reason to play the Sonic games again.

Oh dang, those features being actual button maps are very aggravating to someone who has Tourette’s Syndrome like me. I’ll make use of those save state slots then.

I think its because I might be wrong, those Monster World games have actual remasters on the Switch which allow you to toggle between the graphical styles? I might have them confused with other games that have this. Still, I don’t think I would miss much as the other Genesis games that are usually present in Sega compilations are still available for me.
RogueBadnik
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

⌜Ω⌟
@Beau Skunky  
Oh man, I was there when everything exploded.

I didnt watched the Radio Drama, but I neither participated on the witch hunt. What really surprised me a lot is how long it took for people to notice this radio drama wasnt perfect at all. Just days ago, I asked someone if this Sonictuber called Sam was a nice guy, and everyone told me that he is…
RogueBadnik
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

⌜Ω⌟
Get ready boys and girls, new models of Tangle and Whisper were apparently uncovered in the most recent Android build of Sonic Dash. It may be in preparation of a new in-game event featuring the duo.

full

full

full
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@[Ω]  
Huh, sounds cool. Shame they never gave the Archie characters any regard in the Mobile games. (And with Archie Sonic dead, it’s unlikely they’ll ever regard them now.)  
With the movie characters being regarded in the Mobile games, maybe they’re finally accepting Western Sonic characters too sort’ve.  
Already, Sticks seems to be getting forgotten though.

@[Ω]  
Yeah, this is the first I heard of it, as I usually avoid Sonic fan dramas.
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@Beau Skunky  
Or anything official.

Kinda pisses me off a bit as a longtime archie sonic fan ehere all that got shit in terms of official recognition but there rolls in IDW sonic with new characetrs I give no shits about who get all this official attention.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@LightningBolt  
In fairness, back in the ‘90s there was merch’ like storybooks featuring the SatA.M./Archie characters, and the Sydney Australia event that featured Princess Sally merch’, and an on stage singing Sally costumed actress. (As corny as that is.)  
Not to mention the Archie character cameos in “Sonic Spinball,” (because it was made 100% in America by S.T.I.) and “Sonic Mega Collection.” (The comic cover art included was in the Japanese version too oddly.)

And a few years back they packaged some Archie comics with official Sonic action figures, so Archie Sonic has gotten some love/regard.

And granted, the Mobile games are developed by a North American developer, (I think) if it was Japanese, they probably wouldn’t even know Tangle or Whisper existed. (As only the Japanese Sega execs review the American stuff for license, not the game developers.)
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@[Ω]  
Perhaps, still I kinda wish the Archie characters got the same treatment years ago sense Sonic Dash was around before it’s cancellation. Though, I guess it’d be too late to obtain them anyway now, and I guess kids who don’t have access to the old shows or comics wouldn’t care for them either.

Though, maybe it’s better the Japanese side of Sega usually ignores the American Sonic media characters. I remember there was a Mario manga that briefly made fun of the American Mario cartoon King Koopa design. So they probably don’t like “American made up things” in Japanese made games. (Though, I’ve seen a few rare Japanese Sonic fans on DA whom liked and did fanart of Sally, Bunnie, Mina, ect.)
RogueBadnik
Non-Fungible Trixie -

⌜Ω⌟
Well, its officially confirmed:

“Fearless friends and fan favourites Tangle & Whisper join #SonicForces Mobile. Both rare runners will arrive into the battle in a 3-part event!”

full

Also notice that “Sonic Forces Speed Battle” is now referenced as “Sonic Forces Mobile”.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Penguin Dragneel  
Lay off her a bit, she’s a bit touchy, because she’s taken alot of heat online for liking the Archie Sonic comics.

I understand, because I’ve taken heat for that too, especially on DA. I even got crap for liking the Ian Flynn issues.  
(Doesn’t help the DA Sonic fans are spreading lots of false rumors/info’ about Ian, like the “Ian hates SatA.M.” rumor that’s turned many SatA.M. fans against him… Which is ironic, because Ian actually is a SatA.M. fan, and used to always get demonized by anti-SatA.M. fans for “using those characters too much,” and was the one keeping them alive, and he put in references to SatA.M. that only a SatA.M. fan would understand.)
Dr_Osaka
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
So Tangle and Whisper are gonna be playable in Sonic Forces, huh? Interesting that they chose characters from the comics, but I’m welcome to it as long as they are good characters.
Rabidcabbit
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Since the Beginning  -

Touch Fluffy Tail
@Don’t

To the games? not likely, they’re only in the mobile game, much like movie sonic is, so unless movie sonic shows up in the next Sonic generations the answer is probably “No”
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide