Sonic Discussion

Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@LightningBolt  
It’s been that way for a decade now… Though, they still sold well, and the DA pro-Archie-Sonic club I help moderate has more members then the anti-club did, so honestly Archie must’ve been doing something right for the past 25 years.

@[Ω]  
I can actually relate to Jonathan Grey’s frustration, because on DA, and such I’ve been accused of being a “Sally-hater,” or “Amy-hater,” a “SatA.M.-hater,” or whatever (even though I like those things) just because I like the Archie Sonic series.  
I’ve been accused of being the same things Jon, Ian, ect. have been, so I know how it is…

Some biased Sonic fans & biased ‘shippers just assume everybody else is as biased as they are… Sadly, some bronies are getting like that too, and I’ve seen them accuse the MLP staff of “hating Spike/Sunset/Twilight/ect.” and such… It gets old…
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@LightningBolt  
I’m sure we all probably like many “unpopular” characters. I like Mammoth Mogul, and some consider him the lousiest villain in the series. He’s no Robotnk, but I still find him to be quite clever, savvy, and even threatening. His only real problem is, he’s basically based on the DC villain, Vindel Savage, and practically has the same backstory.

I even like the Deadly-Six, and many Sonic fans hate them.

@Jarkes  
What I find funny about them is, years ago they used to constantly demonize Ian if Sally so much as made a cameo, accusing him of being a “SonSal fanboy,” an “Amy/game hater,” and such, and nowadays, they’re claiming he’s the opposite… A “Sally-hating SonAmy fanboy,” even though he still hasn’t canonized SonAmy. (They can’t even agree on what Ian is.)  
Because I like both Sally, and Amy, and I like the game canon, comic canon, cartoon canons, and such, I’ve been accused of the same damn things too…

I could seriously rant about the fandumb drama for hours, but I don’t wanna be too negative.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@[Ω]  
I meant “pro.” I wish I wouldn’t always make typos that completely change the meaning of entire words.

@Angrybrony  
That notorious moment when Sonic & Sally broke up in the Sonic comics, and Sally slapped Sonic, resulting in both creating many Sally-haters, and upsetting Sally fans whom felt it was OOC. Some consider it a “shark jumping” moment for the series.
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
@LightningBolt  
From what I’ve seen, the characters’ ages and differences between their relative ages tend to fluctuate depending on what media you’re consuming. The most obvious example is that Sonic is supposed to be fifteen and Tails is eight, but in Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, Tails is four? Does that mean that Sonic is also younger, or what?
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@Angrybrony  
Wasn’t he also ten in other media? And with all that’s happened so far in all the media, shouldn’t they all be at least adults by now? The fact that Sega won’t allow them age or change from the status quo is stupid.
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@TheHappySpaceman  
Indeed tails is 4 in AoStH, He was 10 in SatAM.

Ironic as they treated him like more of a baby in the latter lol.

That age carried into the comics and I think 10 is a better age for tails than 8
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@LightningBolt  
I haven’t read the comics, so I wouldn’t know if he’s still a boy genius in that, but in, say, Sonic X, when he literally creates an airplane and a spaceship? Yeahhhh, ten is a slightly more believable age than eight.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@TheHappySpaceman  
Honestly, Tails’ making humongous mechs & spaceships all by himself was kinda overblown in SX. Even in the games he usually didn’t make anything more complex then a transforming airplane, or something.

As for the comic canon, they later on started adapting Tails’ technical know-how. In early issues he was more of just the “cute kid” like the old AOSTH, and SatA.M. cartoons.

@Angrybrony  
Why is 4 dumb? It was very early in the series, and he seemed cutesy enough in AOSTH to be that young. Not to mention, Sonic found him as a baby, (in that canon) meaning Sonic’ would’ve had to raise him for nearly 4 years. If he was older, they’d have to extended Sonic’ age too much, and make him too old. (Though, I suppose it was a li’l lazy in the flashback orgin, that Sonic wasn’t portrayed any younger then he was already, and apparently still looked the same.)
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Angrybrony  
Not really, when my nephew was 4, he could talk very well, play video games, knew how to work DVDs, explain things in cartoons, ect.  
Not all 4 year-olds are “toddlers.”
Jarkes
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@Beau Skunky

I always liked the AOSTH episode where Robotnik made fake robots of Tails’ parents, and Sonic figured out they were fakes because they called him Tails and not Miles.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Jarkes  
I think that was one of the only times they ever called Tails by his “real name” in the cartoons “Miles.”

There was also a AOSTH episode where Tails coincidentally called Robotnik by his Japanese/modern name “Eggman.” (In an insulting manner, seeing as the show still referencing eggs with him. In the pilot episode of SatA.M., Snively even calls him, “Your Egg-cellency!”)
Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
Just unlocked my sweet Echidna angel Tikal, I’m so happy she actually made it in! It’s been years since the last time she was involved in anything, so this is definitely a nice return for her.

One thing that is a bit of a nuisance compared to Sonic Dash is the upgrading of characters since it requires character specific cards and a ton of rings the farther you level up; I’ve gotten plenty of Common characters but the Rare and Super Rare take forever to get.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Dr_Osaka  
That was quick, I barely even have a third of cards to get her.

And yeah, that’s annoying… Not to mention, the “Special” event characters you can only get cards for on holidays or rare events.  
In fact, Baby Sonic, Teen/Movie Sonic, and Longclaw will probably not be available again until the movie sequel comes out.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide