Sonic Discussion

Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Penguin Dragneel  
Not a classic fan, I take it?

I will admit, he was kinda “forced” in “Sonic Forces,” and only seemed put in as a nod to the 25th anniversary, (and try to tempt classic-purists to try the game) and even the game was a year too late for that. That said, if they bring him back, he should just be an unlockable easter-egg alternative costume, and not effect the “story” with an excuse sub-plot like in “Forces.”

@Jarkes  
I’d rather it be something non-Sonic related to be perfectly honest.

In fairness, Sega’s done several non-Sonic games like “Streets of Rage 4,” and there hasn’t been a true action Sonic game sense “Forces,” years ago. So I’m ready for a new Sonic.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
I think that is why Nintendo & Sega are so reluctant to do a crossover game of that nature, because some Sonic fans tend to not like Mario gameplay, and some Mario fans dislike Sonic style gameplay. So spinoff stuff like the olympics, and Smash are the better alternatives, as those are more accessible.

Even for those like me whom are fans of both might find it a bit jarring switching between the styles.

@Jarkes  
Yeah, they even revived “Toejam & Earl” awhile ago, and are licensing “Golden Ax” to Arcade1UP.
Penguin Dragneel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
@Beau Skunky  
Actually, I loved the Genesis era games, alongside Sonic Mania.

I’m just sick of him being forced into the 3D games. Generations was fine, but now it feels like it’s just done to pander to the classic elitists.
RogueBadnik
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

⌜Ω⌟
So, Jon Gray finally spoken about the incident of the Slap.

Unfortunately, I cant bring any evidence yet of it since he put his account on private, due people still throwing him crap.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@[Ω]  
Yeah, some fans are trying to blame him for the controversial slap, (and call him a “Sally-hater,” and such) instead of y’know, Karl Bollers, the one whom wrote the story.  
(And ironically, fans usually blame the writer for everything, not the artist. Heck, writer Ian Flynn gets blamed for things that weren’t his fault, or were actually another writer’s fault…)

I recall seeing on the Bumbleking forums, (Ian Flynn’s now dead message board) artist Jonathan Grey admitted he’s not proud of doing art for that story, and understands why many hate it. He even feels his art for the controversial slap panel looked bad. So even he dislikes that story.

Fans forget he also did art for that “Ask ‘Ally” mini back-up story that was meant to explain, and kinda redeem Sally for that.  
A “Sally-hater” wouldn’t do that, and frankly usually he draws Sally rather cute.

@Penguin Dragneel  
I doubt they’re going to have Classic Sonic in every game now, in fact, between Generations & Forces he hasn’t appeared at all.  
He’s not even in the new Olympic games, aside from sprite art.
Jarkes
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@Beau Skunky

Even Karl wasn’t happy with it. I was the one who spoke with Jon about it and the TL;DR is that it was basically the result of executive meddling from the editor on the comic at the time and it was a huge mess for everyone involved.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Jarkes  
Yeah, in fact I think they were forced to break-up Sonic & Sally by Sega, because of their “Sonic can’t have a permanent girlfriend/relationship” mandate. I know that angers many SonSal fans, but for the best of the comic, it probably had to be done. (And there’s more important things then a ‘ship.)

I remember some fans, (especially Amy-fans, Mina-fans, ect.) used to badmouth the comic for having Sonic & Sally together, and not everybody loved that pairing, so it actually turned some fans off the comic, (or some felt it made Sally become a “scene stealer” of other characters) so unfortunately they had to break them up.

In fact, it’s not just Sally, Sega wouldn’t even let Archie pair Sonic with Amy, or Mina in a relationship either. (Other then a li’l flirting, or ‘ship teasing.) With how divided fans are on whether Sonic should have a relationship, or not, or whom he should be with, it’s understandable why Sega has that mandate. Sometimes, they do know what’s best for Sonic.

Besides… We all know the best ’ship is Sonic X Chili dog. :P
Jarkes
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@Beau Skunky

Yeah, Jon said that the most direct creative input he had during all that was that he simply suggested hooking Sonic up with Amy since he thought at the time that Sega was already starting to push for that. And Karl apparently created Ash to basically retaliate against their editor and have Mina hook up with somebody else.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Jarkes  
I thought Karl suggested SonAmy? (Which Sega shot down.)

Meanwhile, oddly Ken Penders supposedly ‘ship teased Rouge the bat, with Locke… You know? Knuckles’ old man. That’s just wrong, if that was his intention. (Though, it’s likely she just wanted the Master Emerald.)
Don't
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - One Piece Thread

Get up and Jump
@Jarkes  
Was this in the late 00s? Because Sonamy did feel like it was close to being canon in the games at least(Unleashed and The Sword game)
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Don’t  
Yeah, somewhere around that era. As I said, Sega allows a li’l ‘ship teasing, or flirting, but nothing serious.

Supposedly, Sonic admitted something along the lines of, “I love you,” in the TMS anime “Sonic X,” but after that episode, it was ignored, and Sonic & Amy’s relationship was never really explored, expanded on, or anything after that episode.

Word is Sega won’t let SonAmy be entirely canon either, because they don’t want to mess up their comical “cat & mouse” type of relationship. Also, considering Amy is 12, many feel she’s too young for the time being.
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
Wanna have a headache? Try to figure out all the Sonic characters’ canonical ages based on all the games, comics, shows, etc.

It’s even harder than trying to figure out the timeline in That ’70s Show.
RogueBadnik
Non-Fungible Trixie -

⌜Ω⌟
So, Jon Gray finally spoken about the incident of the Slap.
Unfortunately, I cant bring any evidence yet of it since he put his account on private, due people still throwing him crap.

full

full

full

full

full

full
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide