Sonic Discussion

Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@northern haste  
I’d buy some of those.

@Ponynstuff320 (Toon-n-crossover  
With Terror Teddy?

@JasonRatana  
Yeah, the Boom TV show wasn’t so bad.

@Ponynstuff320 (Toon-n-crossover  
Kuta seems to mainly hate Ian, because he believes all that bumpkis that “Ian hates Sally/Is SonAmy,” and “It’s Ian’s fault that Sally isn’t in IDW!”

Like I said, I find that ironic, so many SatA.M. fans are accusing him of that, because as I pointed out already, Ian is a SatA.M. fan, and does like Sally. (But he doesn’t worship her like Kuta.) In fact, SatA.M.-haters used to accuse Ian of favoring Sally, and “hating every game character.”

I know what that’s like, because I’ve caught crap from Sonic game fans for liking SatA.M., and I’ve caught crap from SatA.M. fans for liking the games. I don’t get why some fans act like you can only like one version of Sonic.
northern haste
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Enter if you dare
@Beau Skunky  
I don’t think I would trust them they could have been printed cheaply which I would not like in my mouth and nose and they are obviously Photoshopped and obviously the image will be very weak. also wish takes forever to deliver things
Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
@[Ω]  
You know I actually haven’t watched Sonic X in such a long time but hearing the 4Kids dialogue again it is just so bad.  
The acting is fine and I don’t mind the voice work too much, but the lines they say just sound so corny and ridiculous. I disinterest in Chris remains the same, Amy still is kinda annoying, I don’t know why the house maid is voiced by the same guy who does Eggman and honestly I don’t really like how they portrayed Knuckles on this show.  
I suppose it’s not as bad as what they did in Sonic Boom where he’s Patrick Star levels of stupid, but the show just makes him look way too gullible; I get that him and Sonic are sorta rivals the same way Kirby and Meta Knight are but I feel they try too hard to have him be quick to anger and make irrational decisions as a result, and that’s not forgetting this is suppose to take place before Sonic Adventure so that means this is not the only time Knuckles would end up doing stuff like that again. Personally I thought his character evolved more in the games before Sega decided to start making a joke out of him.

Overall Sonic X isn’t bad, just dated.
RogueBadnik
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

⌜Ω⌟
@Dr_Osaka  
I always asumed that entire episode was an homenage of Sonic The Hedgehog 3, where Eggman tricks Knuckles to combat Sonic.

@Anonycat  
Yeah, you hear Sonic say “Shit” once.

But for real, there is no reason that so many scenes got cut down. There were no graphic violence or even heavy japanese elements of it. That was criminal.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@[Ω]  
I assume it was to make more room for commercials on the Fox Box/4KidsTV lineup.

Though, honestly alot of the bits cut out are pretty minor, like I don’t understand people complaining about them cutting out a 3-second moment of Tails just standing there doing nothing, but admittedly, 4Kids did some very strange edits, like editing out english text signs. That makes no sense to me.

I do understand them editing out a lewd joke Rouge made, it wasn’t subtle, at all.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Anonycat  
I admit, my inner-fanboy was pissed that they edited out “Live & Learn,” though I assume 4Kids didn’t understand Sega owned the song, or just didn’t bother to research it. The people whom made the dub knew nothing about the Sonic franchise unfortunately.

One edit I thought was better though was the “Amy being pestered by the annoying girl” gag. In the Japanese version, Amy actually had brief thought dialogue during the close-up of her face, but I think the scene was funnier without it, and it raises the tension better. If they left it in, then it would’ve made Amy’s reaction more predictable, and less funny.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@northern haste  
Yeah, but sense Sega owns Sonic, they probably still had to get permission, and license from Sega of America to localize it.

Like how Viz still needs Nintendo’s permission to translate the Zelda mangas, and stuff.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Lord Goku  
Whom do you think should’ve dubbed it?

The Sonic OVA “Movie” dub wasn’t bad, though the voices were kinda goofy. (Granted, they were in Japanese, as well.)  
It was hilarious that Tails sounded kinda like Chuckie Finster from “Rugrats.”
ᎶㄖҜㄩ 乃ㄥ卂匚Ҝ
One-Star Dragon Ball - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Artist -

Zamasu
@Beau Skunky  
In the era it came out, it should’ve been Pioneer/Geneon, Viz or FUNimation. Or perhaps the folks who voice the characters in the Sonic Adventure games.

Now that I think of it, the only good and decent thing the 4Kids dub gave us though was Mike Pollock being the voice of Eggman.
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
I mean I didn’t think the dub of Sonic X was that bad.

But I also just think Sonic X in any form is just unsalvagable garbage, and not for the usual reasons people cite.

A reminder that it was very popular and so were it’s VA cast.
Anonycat
Duck - "her mere existence is enough to put me in a quack mood, I might as well return the favor by quacking it around"
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Okay, I guess.
The latinamerican dub wasn’t very good either, I’m afraid. Which was weird, considering that latinamerican dubs usually are very good.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Lord Goku  
Dan Green wasn’t bad as Knux.  
I still want “The Rock” to voice him in the STH movie sequel. lol I know that sounds like a joke, but I think his voice would suit the character in both his serious, and comical moments.

@northern haste  
I dunno, I loved “Samirai Pizza Cats.” :P

@LightningBolt  
Actually, alot of Sonic fans didn’t like the SX voice cast, and I see just as many haters of that show as fans.  
Regardless, I think SX has good & bad things about it like every Sonic TV adaptation.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide