Sonic Discussion

RogueBadnik
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

⌜Ω⌟
@Anonycat  
Its very annoying for SEGA to divide the Sonic franchise in different sub-franchises, so to “avoid confusion”.  
One thing I will miss from the Archie series was how almost everything in the Sonic series was mashed up into one single thing, from the different videogames to the different cartoons.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@[Ω]  
That’s actually why Archie Sonic is my favorite official Sonic canon.

Yeah, the division annoys me too, and kinda limits the series, and what’s allowed in the games, or comics.  
Especially, now that they’re trying to divide the Classic era, and Modern era apart in order to try to appeal to both sides, (and as a result that means characters like Mighty & Ray aren’t allowed in modern games, or comics) but that’s not going to please either side. Just ‘cause the fanbase is divided, doesn’t mean the franchise has to be.
RogueBadnik
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

⌜Ω⌟
@Broken Adam  
I doubt anyone complained about having Nack or Mighty in the comics, since they were in the comic series for years.  
People complains that for the videogames, not the comics.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@[Ω]  
Actually, many fans were happy when Mighty, & Ray came back in Sonic Mania, and those two were actually popularized thanks to their continued appearances in the Archie series. (Despite both being quite obscure game characters, heck Ray’s game wasn’t even released here.)

And in fairness, Sega has been bringing back more characters like with Sonic Forces Mobile.
RogueBadnik
Non-Fungible Trixie -

⌜Ω⌟
@Beau Skunky  
You mean Speed Battle?  
They have only brought the same popular characters who have appeared in recent games, like the Babylon Rogues, Zavok, Cream and one or two reskins, but something like Ray, Nack or Mephiles? Nope.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@[Ω]  
Yeah, though it’s title is confusing, as it’s not related to the console game at all. (If anything, it’s more like the Sonic Dash games. Still a good game though, have it on my phone.)

Maybe they don’t wanna make a new model for them, and as I pointed out, unfortunately sense Sega now wants to keep the Classic era, and Modern eras separate, that’s why we never see those old characters anymore, even in the comics.
Dr_Osaka
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
@northern haste  
Well I don’t think that’s possible if the next movie is being setup as an adventure where Tails comes to earth looking for Sonic and brings him either back to Sonic original world where they find out Robotnik is taking over.  
Knuckles and the other Echidna’s could be trying to hunt Sonic down, but then Knuckles ends up joining Sonic and helping to fight back against Robotnik’s new weapons or something.

Seems pointly to make a follow up movie and have only Tails be the new character and no one else, especially if the first movie establishes that Knuckles does in fact exist in the Sonic Cinematic Universe.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide