Sonic Discussion

Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@[Ω]  
It’s kinda nice both the Archie & IDW comics are doing more with Omega, whom I feel is a more underrated character.

I also think writer Ian Flynn has Omega’s character down perfectly. A trigger-happy, badass, lunatic robot, with some cool “tough big guy,” and comical qualities. Alot of fans forget Omega has a comical side.  
“Worthless consumer models!”

Honestly, he has more personality then more popular robot characters like Metal Sonic. (Though, I still like M.S.’s quiet, cold Terminator personality.)
RogueBadnik
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

⌜Ω⌟
@Beau Skunky  
Yeah, since I heard that Ian will reuse some old ideas he had for this new series, I was hoping he would bring his idea of a villain Omega attacking Sonic and his friends, like he planned to do in an Archie issue. While that probably is not gonna like that judging by the cover. I am happy about how its gonna be dealt with that now. Also I hope we get more Omega backstory.

And with Metal Sonic’s personality…. Uh, did he had a personality? The only personality I can remember was when he was the version 2.5, you know, the one that developed a conscience and finally becoming Shard the Metal.

After 3.0, all Metal Sonics were single-minded, mute and pretty much loyal to Eggman. I think one could talk, but almost having the same behavior of Omega.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Pone 2.0  
Agreed, Chip seemed loved at first, but nowadays he’s kinda forgotten. Heck nobody remembers Wentos, (The trenchcoat guy.) or most of Unleashed’s human NPCs. There’s hardly any popular human Sonic characters honestly besides Dr. Robotnik/Eggman himself. (And to a lesser extent. Snively has a few fans, as he’s kinda the Starscream of Sonic SatA.M. & Archie. Plus, he looks a bit more Sonic-like, and he’s not as fugly as STC’s Grimer.)

@[Ω]  
More Omega in general would be nice. Though, we might be the only Omega fans in this thread. lol

There’s been numerous Metal Sonics over the years, (including variations like Silver Sonic, and S&K’s Mecha Sonic) so it’s interesting how different some are despite looking essentially the same. “Sonic Heroes” seemed to be the only time he talked, (and actually rebelled, and imprisoned his master, because he wanted revenge on Sonic & Co.) but most fans seemed to prefer a less chatty Metal.
Pone 2.0

One small thing
There’s hardly any popular human Sonic characters honestly besides Dr. Robotnik/Eggman himself. (And to a lesser extent. Snively has a few fans, as he’s kinda the Starscream of Sonic SatA.M. & Archie

You forgot a few more Tom and Maddie Wachowski Jojo Crazy Carl and Agent Stone from the Sonic Movie The Iron Queen (the 3rd most major human Sonic Antagonist next to Snively) And Hope Kintobor (don’t pay attention to what the antipenders hate mob says these two were good character)
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Pone 2.0  
I don’t see much love for them honestly.

The Iron Queen was pretty cool, especially when Ian brought her back. I also found it interesting that Hope was the only relative Snively had whom he genuinely cared for.
RogueBadnik
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

⌜Ω⌟
@Beau Skunky  
If I can remember, its when Snively betrays Eggman for the third time with the Iron Queen. After escaping from Eggman, he decided to find Hope and make her to join him to defeat Eggman.

Is that scene where Omega appears and tries to calm her down while explaining that he is “not programed to comfort.”
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Pone 2.0  
I oddly feel sorry for both of them, even if Snively is an A-hole he did care about her, but he shouldn’t of lied to her and help Eggy destroy Knothole. (Which really peeved off Hope, because she was friends with Sonic & Co. Even Shadow, especially ‘cause she reminded him of Maria.)

So Hope basically invented the flame shield? (Nice Sonic3&Knuckles nod) I like how Snively had his own Egg Mobile for awhile.  
Shame we’ll never see either character ever again. (Especially, thanks to that new “characters can’t have relatives” mandate. Probably due to the Penders’ legal incident.)
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
I think Agent Topaz from Sonic X has her fans. Namely because of the les yay moments between her and Rouge, and the fact that she would be an infinitely better main character for the show than Chris Thorndyke.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@TheHappySpaceman  
I don’t know if she’d be any better frankly, (as she hardly interacts with other Sonic characters) and the unintentional (international?) ‘ship teases were a bit disturbing honestly, as I kinda feel human X chibi Sonic characters are a bit disturbing, no offense.

While I don’t really hate Chris, I can kinda understand why many fans didn’t like him, and I feel that wheelchair girl Helen would’ve been a better main human character for Sonic to befriend in “Sonic X.”
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@Beau Skunky  
The problem I have with Chris is that he’s a privileged child with rich parents and all the friends in the world, yet still feels entitled to Sonic and sees no problem with selfishly trapping Sonic in our world, which would inevitably lead to the end both worlds. As a character, he’s uninteresting, and as an audience surrogate, he fails due to lack of any sort of relatability. Topaz could have at least had the Elisa Maza/April O’Neil factor, being the connection between the Mobians and our world.

And yes, Helen would have also been a much better lead character. It would make sense that she would want to befriend Sonic if her legs were broken. Even if she did still trap Sonic in our world like Chris did, it would have at least been more understandable, as he let her experience something that she never would have. But I guess they didn’t figure that was marketable enough.
Angrybrony
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

🔥Sunset is best girl🔥
@TheHappySpaceman  
he just really doesn’t have much reason to be part of the crew. like the adventure arcs shouldn’t have had him at all and should have just had the cast from the games do their thing.
Jarkes
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@TheHappySpaceman

That’s kind of the point tbh. His parents are rich, but that means they’re barely around. And even with his other family members and friends, they can’t really fill that hole in his life.

Apparently this aspect was handled better in the Japanese version, but YMMV.
Jarkes
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
Was Tails still voiced by Colleen O’Shaughnessy in the mid-credits scene of the Sonic movie? She’s not credited, but it still sounds like her.
northern haste
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag

Enter if you dare
@Jarkes  
I’m only guessing but judging by her Twitter I’m going to say most likely.  
IMDb does say it was her and even though anyone can edit IMDb apparently you have to give evidence for approval
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide