Sonic Discussion

RogueBadnik
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

⌜Ω⌟
@Dr_Osaka  
The common point between Sonic and Dragon Ball Z is something that has been discussed for years, althrought half of the similiarities are because those are common tropes, like the dark anti-hero (Shadow) or Eggman as an evil scientist. But I cannot say anything about the “super powerful golden form”.

In fact, someone actually asked this question about this similarities to the creators, but they never answered.
RogueBadnik
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

⌜Ω⌟
The original cover from issue #174

full

Antonie and Bunnie got hidden in the later version of the cover. The wedding was supposed to be a “surprise” and another different cover was supposed to be made, but apparently there was some kind of mix up and that version ended up being used for the cover. Oops
Cyborg_pony
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

@Broken Adam  
Shadow: You were on fire back there Blaze! You’re definitely no slacker.

Blaze: Thanks! You were excellent yourself, Shadow. Far more impressive then others give you credit.

Sonic off screen: OH MY GOD! JUST GET A ROOM ALREADY!!
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@TheHappySpaceman  
@[Ω]  
Yuji Naka was apparently upset over Sonic’s eyes being separate from the movie, but I think that works better for live-action honestly.

@LightningBolt  
I think you’re forgetting many Sonic haters exist online, (in fact, aren’t you usually complaining about all the Sonic hate online?) in fact here on Derpibooru pics that have Tails, Knuckles, Robotnik, ect. in them usually don’t get as much drama as ones that feature only Sonic.  
So honestly, the idea that people “worship” Sonic, or “hate all his friends/co-stars is overblown.  
Even most Classic purists I see like Tails or Knuckles, at least.

If anything, most people probably do prefer Tails & Knuckles, much like how most “Mario fans” actually prefer Luigi, Toad, and Princess Peach. If anything, Sonic doesn’t get enough love.

@Jarkes  
Also it would appear that Pontac and Graff are no longer working at Sega.
Honestly, I feel like the hate towards their writing was overblown (though not unwarranted), but we really do need some new blood for the series.

Agreed, they weren’t bad, but weren’t super-great either. Though, frankly it’s not like the stories for the games always had good writing, or always had award-winning stories.  
“Tails! Look out! You’re ganna crash! Ahhh!”
Dr_Osaka
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
So apparently the tracks that were made for the PC version of Sonic 3 were actually the original tracks gonna be used before the new added tracks.  
While I do love the Genesis tracks overall I do like the melodies that the PC version had, and it’s nice to hear those tunes with the Genesis sound

Carnival Night Zone Act 1 & Act 2  
Ice Cap Zone Act 1 & Act 2  
Launch Base Zone Act 1 & Act 2
Moving On
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

So far Sonic Forces is easy to play in Normal Mode. Now I just need to take the time to unlock any black and yellow parts for my OC.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Penguin Dragneel  
I dunno, I’ve heard the Japanese voices, and honestly alot of those voices sound just as goofy as the english ones to me. Even when they’re trying to be more “dramatic,” it sounds kinda DBZ hammy to me.
RogueBadnik
Non-Fungible Trixie -

⌜Ω⌟
full

You just now decided to try to reform him Sonic

Years of fighting and it was just shortly that you tried to reform him

You have no room to talk
RogueBadnik
Non-Fungible Trixie -

⌜Ω⌟
Ok, I like how many people keeps arguing about that panel above that I posted, and yet, all their answers were mentioned in the next page…
RogueBadnik
Non-Fungible Trixie -

⌜Ω⌟
@Anonycat  
The main problem was that Sonic let Metal free because he thought Metal could not do harm anymore

Considering that:

1. Metal Sonic was never capable of reforming. After decades of fighting, Metal never got the slightless idea of reforming (Except maybe in Archie Sonic), but instead, he became even more evil (Neo Metal Sonic).

2. It was explained in the beginning that badniks alone and with no orders are still dangerous. Who knows what crossed Sonic’s mind in thinking a mechanical doppelganger of him could not be dangerous anymore.

3. Metal Sonic is extremly hardcoded. Sonic is not good about techno-stuff like Tails, so removing few shortcuits doesnt prove that Sonic was right and letting him go. Even Tails had doubts about this.
RogueBadnik
Non-Fungible Trixie -

⌜Ω⌟
full

South By Southwest has just announced on its Twitter that due to fears related to the Corona Virus, the SXSW 2020 has been canceled. As a result, the planned 2020 Sonic the Hedgehog SXSW panel has also been cancelled.

What SEGA plans to do after this cancelation is unknown.

Source
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@[Ω]  
@Anonycat  
Hate to sound cynical, but I’m honestly wondering if this corona virus scare is being extremely exaggerated by the media… Much like Y2K, and such.

In fact, where I live there was a semi-false report that gasoline was in short supply, though ironically there would’ve been enough for everybody, if the local news media didn’t exaggerate it, and as a result, people in panic began hoarding tons and tons of gas in spare tanks, and such, resulting in it becoming a worse situation then it originally would have if the local news media didn’t scare the hell out of everybody with it.

Though, I guess with a virus scare, it’s better safe then sorry.
RogueBadnik
Non-Fungible Trixie -

⌜Ω⌟
@Anonycat  
@Beau Skunky  
See the bright side.  
We are lucky that the Sonic movie got released before the panic raised more. And just think about it, if Sonic The Hedgehog managed to be a success, imagine what could have archived without the pandemic virus.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide