Sonic Discussion

Background Pony #33B8
It’s interesting how in the Sonic Movie they didn’t make Sonic as just a funny character that shots jokes and reference, but actually gave him some depht and a conflict. It made the whole things far more appreciable.
RogueBadnik
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

⌜Ω⌟
So, in 4Chan, some info has been “leaked” about Sonic 30th anniversary, alongside this pic:

full

Take it with a grain of salt. Remember that Photoshop exist and 3d models of Sonic exist on the internet.
Rabidcabbit
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Since the Beginning  -

Touch Fluffy Tail
@[Ω]

Most news sites tend to be slow and oblivious about most of the things they post

To be fair humans are humans, they can’t keep up and keep note of every little thing that happens on this planet let alone the internet, something that very well might be “larger” than the planet it’s on.
lasty

dead to you
So, is there a term yet for the zappy Sonic that appeared in the movie? When he gets angry and lights up with electricity and stuff?

Not that I know of.  
…“sparking sonic”? Maybe there’s a way to fit Raiden in there, somehow? Or name it after the not-quite super-Saiyan form from Lord Slug, whatever the official term for it is.

@northern haste  
Agreed, well worth the listen.
Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
Someone commented on a YouTube video about how similar Sonic is to Dragon Ball Z, and after giving it some thought there are actually a lot in common.  
Sonic is like Goku  
Tails is like Gohan  
Knuckles is a mix of Tien & Piccolo  
Shadow is of course Vegeta  
Blaze is like Android 18  
Silver is like Trunks (both character and story)  
The Chaotix are sorta like the Ginyu Force  
Eggman is like Dr. Gero  
Even Chaos is like Cell & Buu.  
There are other similarities; obviously Super Sonic is like Super Saiyan, the 7 Chaos Emeralds with mythical powers like the 7 Dragon Balls, some of the games’ plots centered around finding the Emeralds like the overall plot of Dragon Ball especially Sonic Adventure’s story having similarities to the Cell Saga.  
Well despite all the connections, I think it just elevates Sonic’s epicness all the more for me.

@[Ω]  
Love the connections to Sonic Heroes, I would have gone with Isabelle for Cream but all and all pretty accurate.
Red-Supernova
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Thread Starter - The Mega Man thread!
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Passionate opinionator
@Dex Stewart  
I watched a review of Sonic X in which the reviewer said that its mostly the same show regardless of what language you choose to watch it but said that we should stick with the Japanese version of Season 3 since 4Kids deleted the death scenes. Even though it is the same show, my inner weeaboo would take the original Japanese audio for the whole show even though I have no problem with the 4Kids VAs.

@TheHappySpaceman  
You know Chris Thorndyke was more well-received in Japan? Apparently, Japan is more tolerant with characters that you can self-insert yourself with.

@Angrybrony  
At least Emerl gave us an awesome showdown between him and Cream. :D

@LightningBolt  
I get where you’re coming from regarding the whole “the whole world wants to suck Sonic’s cock and shuns his just as talented friends” problem. Even though I like Sonic X, it was VERY guilty of that.

@LightningBolt  
Uh, sorry about this but I don’t know if I’ll ever get over the concept of people who are active on this site but hate Twilight Sparkle.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide