Sonic Discussion

TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
@LightningBolt  
Same. And some people are saying that the parallel between Sonic and Robotnik explored in the movie is good, but that it should have been with Tails instead of Sonic, who should just be there to kick ass and say one-liners? Like, do people want him to be a flat character?
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@TheHappySpaceman  
It’s like these people only played the classic games and didn’t actually understand the subtleties in them or read the manuals that hinted at depth.  
Surprised they didn’t ask for him to be silent and not talk at all.
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
Have any of the games really touched on that?

I don’t know. I think this is something they threw in for the movie, but it makes sense given his backstory in it.

@The Equestrian Zodiac  
I’ll never understand why someone people just want him to have the character depth of a piece of cardboard…

Same. I’d much rather him be an interesting character than a character I could see myself as.
Dex Stewart
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
Theres a scene in the movie where Sonic is watching something on tv,and he’s a big fan of Keanu Reeves apparently.How much funnier would it have been if he was watching Family Matters and said something about Jaleel White’s voice?
Anonycat
Duck - "her mere existence is enough to put me in a quack mood, I might as well return the favor by quacking it around"
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Okay, I guess.
From what I remember, Archie Comics’ crew once said that Sega deliberately wants to have Sonic with the character and status quo of a cardboard cutout to make him easier to use on videogames and comic books, in the sense that no character or status developement going beyond of Sega’s basic outlines means that any third party can use the character from the get go, and any consumers would “get” the character from the get go as well no matter what media or developer was used.

That was Pender’s general excuse to fill the comic with tons of OCs and have them carry the devellopement and status changes that Sonic, Tails and Knuckles couldn’t.
Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Sata Andagi!
@TheHappySpaceman  
I will be honest that I didn’t mind him becoming an adult and becoming a scientist working on a portal that could take him to Sonic’s world as it would at least make for an interesting story, but they through that out the window when they turned him back into a kid again and the reason behind it is just a dumb.  
Honestly would have been better without him and just focus on Cosmo.
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@Dr_Osaka  
I really didn’t like Cosmo and I can’t explain it. I think it’s mostly the fact of how much media is obsessed with giving Tails a girlfriend and I just find it offputting and stupid.
Pone 2.0

One small thing
I honestly didn’t mind Chris myself either I just sort of kept all positive opinions to myself because everyone inside and outside the fandom hates this kids guts and pretty much every discussion around him is universally negative.  
full
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
So, is there a term yet for the zappy Sonic that appeared in the movie? When he gets angry and lights up with electricity and stuff?

full

(I’m tempted to go with Super Sonic, but that’s a different thing entirely and this is cooler anyway.)
Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Sata Andagi!
@TheHappySpaceman  
Well I’m sure when the sequel comes out they will introduce the Chaos Emeralds. Makes sense to wait before revealing them, kinda like introducing all the Infinity Stones right away in the first Avengers movie.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
In regards to the debate about how Sonic needs to have more “character/personality,” besides spouting one-liners, while I kinda agree, I also don’t think he needs to go too far the other direction, and doesn’t need an overly complicated backstory, explanations why he can run fast, know whom his entire family is, and needs a huge Final Fantasy-esc complicated backstory.

I kinda prefer Sonic having some mystery to him, for the fans to fill in the blanks, plus honestly I kinda dislike most of the backstories that semi-canon, or alternative canon official media have tried to give him over the years, such as him not always being blue, and such. (I liked Uncle Chuck though.)

I will admit, I like how “chili dogs” are canon now, even in the games. So at least, they expanded some things.

@LightningBolt  
I actually do see some whom hate having him talk. I assume this might also be why Sega is reluctant to give “Classic Sonic” a voice, so the “classic” crowd can have their silent Sonic, and the modern crowd can have their chatty Sonic.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide