Sonic Discussion

Background Pony #576D
There’s a cute scene in the Sonic movie where Sonic is asleep on the bed after a long day. For some reason that scene looks so adorable to me. Does anyone have any screencaps of that?
Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
So I found out from someone how Longclaw actually fits into the Sonic lore.  
full  
full  
As seen in locations such as Aquatic Ruin Zone and Labyrinth Zone there are depictions of owls seen in the background or carved in those states during the Boss fight. Even the emblem she wears looks the same as the Labyrinth Zone walls.  
Not sure what this all means but it’s cool attention to detail and world building for the movie.
Anonycat
Duck - "her mere existence is enough to put me in a quack mood, I might as well return the favor by quacking it around"
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Artist -

Okay, I guess.
Hmm, the Zombot arc turned out to be way better than I expected, and I actually had high expectations for it in the first place.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Anonycat  
@Takengrin Endmmar: Taken God King of Fear  
One flaw about writer Ian Flynn I’ll admit is, sometimes he drags out story arcs a li’l too long.

I mean, how many issues is this “Zombot” arc been already? Feels like it’s been going on for nearly a year now.

Also, out of curiosity, does the IDW Sonic series do 4-issue reprint collection books like Archie used to? (Like “Sonic Archives” & “Sonic Selects?”)
Anonycat
Duck - "her mere existence is enough to put me in a quack mood, I might as well return the favor by quacking it around"
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Artist -

Okay, I guess.
@Beau Skunky  
In this case I’m OK with the story being so long- it adds more to the general sense of dread and despair the characters are feeling, but I think it should be over on 2 or 3 more issues, basically because Sonic is running out of friends to be zombotizied.  
“Serious” IDW pony stories should be more like this one.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Anonycat  
Y’know, I hear Ian Flynn is writing a story arc for IDW MLP:FiM. I can’t remember if it’s already out though, but you might not like the fact it focuses on the Student Six.

Zombotized seems to be the new roboticization.
Anonycat
Artist -

Okay, I guess.
@Beau Skunky  
I simply ignore comics that include characters I don’t like- same reason why I stopped buying the comic when it began to reference Equestria Girls.  
But back to topic- Sonic IDW has been doing surprisingly well despite being a full reboot, which is always a welcome and pleaseant surprise.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Anonycat  
Not a Sunset fan? j/k  
I must admit, I still haven’t checked out IDW Sonic yet, partially because I have never seen them in a store, and because they don’t offer subscription services like Archie did.

If you count the Archie series, it’s funny to think Sonic’s been in comic books for almost as long as he’s been in games, and much longer then he’s been on TV or the silver screen. In fact, if you count the British comics, the obscure mangas, the Disney Adventures one-shot, and the multiple Archie series, mini-series, spinoffs, and such, he’s had ALOT of comics over the years.  
Sonic might as well be considered a comic book character almost as much as he is a game character.
Anonycat
Artist -

Okay, I guess.
@Beau Skunky  
The original Archie Sonic comics were nothing but honest, goofy fun until the 50th issues. The final Archie Sonic arcs and the current IDW run revived in spades the old, goody and genuine fun feeling from back then.
RogueBadnik
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

⌜Ω⌟
but I think it should be over on 2 or 3 more issues, basically because Sonic is running out of friends to be zombotizied.

Four to be exact. And judging by one comic cover, there is one more Sonic friend that will fall at the virus.

@Beau Skunky  
@Anonycat
@Takengrin Endmmar: Taken God King of Fear
I mean, how many issues is this “Zombot” arc been already? Feels like it’s been going on for nearly a year now.

Well, at least an entire big arc doesnt finish in only three or four comics. i see this as one of the big flaws of the MLP comics.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@[Ω]  
4 issue arcs isn’t too short, frankly, (All of “Sonic Universe’s” stories were 4 issues) but I suppose varying lengths isn’t bad. Sonic’s done good shorter arcs, and longer arcs.  
Though, honestly when a story goes on for a year, it starts to get kinda old, and I kinda wanna explore other stories, or other characters, places, and such.

I honestly wouldn’t mind short single issue stories occasionally either, or shorter back-ups included in the main arcs like Archie used to do.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide