Sonic Discussion

Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@northern haste  
Possibly, but movies do tend to do these kinda “legacy” cameos alot.

Now we need Jaleel White to cameo in the sequel.

@northern haste  
To think, some guy said Sonic’s green eyes make him look “souless.”  
Those green eyes look pretty soulful to me.
RogueBadnik
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

⌜Ω⌟
According to writer Ian Flynn, that “Sonic can’t lose” mandate doesn’t apply to minor losses, or temporary loses. Like say Knothole being destroyed in Archie Sonic #175, and Sonic losing (temporarily) to Eggman there, but coming back the next issue, and winning.
Ironically, during the “Sally gets roboticized” arc, fans were starting to get angry over Sonic not instantly winning, and not instantly getting Sally back to normal. (After complaining about how predictable the comic was getting. More irony!)
Though, it’s a shame thanks to the forced reboot, they never got to resolve that arc properly.

Its very clear that those people who are worried about the “Sonic can’t lose” mandate clearly never read a Sonic comic or just misintepreted it like if Sonic will now win a fight with relative ease.

Sonic never lost a fight againts Eggman. Even when he apparently loses he just came back and wins the battle. What the people actually wants is the struggle and the bad results after the first conflict.

Sonic lost Sally, but she revived.  
Sonic’s future in Y25 was changed, but eventually took it back.  
Sonic’s village was destroyed, but was recontructed into a better and safer city.  
Heck, Sonic “died”, but was actually send to space and came back two years later.

The status quo will never change.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@[Ω]  
Regardless, you’d be surprised how butthurt some fans get over any sort of conflict in the comic.  
Like when Sally was (temporarily) roboticized, and Antoine was in a coma, fans flipped their schmitz, and feared Ian was going to kill off their favorite characters any time back then, and thought the whole situation was “hopeless,” and wanted Sonic to fix everything instantly.  
Then when said characters came back, but with new designs, ironically those same exact fans then wanted them to die instead of being “changed/ruined.”  
Then when Archie was cancelled, and IDW started a new STH series, now those same fans want those characters alive again.

I swear some fans want to be upset no matter what.

@northern haste  
Gary?

@[Ω]  
That was in the “Sonic X” Archie comic, right?
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
Am I the only one who thinks that Sonic looks absolutely adorable in the film? Like, no joke, I wanted to hug him in every scene where he wasn’t kicking ass. XD
RogueBadnik
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

⌜Ω⌟
I was in a TF2 custom server and were talking about Sonic. One of them was mad because how everyone was loving the movie but not him.

@Beau Skunky  
Oh, I know. What is more annoying is that non-sonic fans believes this is what conforms the entire Sonic Fandom.
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
This may seem out of left field, but an element about the Sonic movie that I really liked was the interesting parallel between Sonic and Robotnik.

Both of them are incredibly powerful, but also grow up lonely without any friends. However, whereas Sonic still desires friendship even after ten years of being basically alone, Robotnik isolates himself with only his robots and no human connection, seeing himself as superior to everyone. Jim Carrey’s Robotnik is kind of what Sonic could have been, which is really clever writing and to me shows that the creators of this movie actually cared about making a good film.
RogueBadnik
Non-Fungible Trixie -

⌜Ω⌟
“@[Ω]
@[Ω]
That was in the “Sonic X” Archie comic, right?

Yes, and that issue was made weeks before the release of the first Transformers Movie. And it was written by two comic writters know for their works in Dreamwave’s Transformers.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@[Ω]  
Shame Dreamwave went out of business… They made a really well-drawn, (yet lacking in dialogue) “Metroid Prime” comic for Nintendo Power magazine before.

@TheHappySpaceman  
Huh, kinda sounds like the Batman/Joker dynamic.

@[Ω]  
That annoys me too.

@TheHappySpaceman  
Yes, Sonic is kinda adorable. I recall, Yuji Naka (former head of Sonic team) was not to pleased with the “cuter” design though.  
Judging from his expressions, Sonic still has his edge though.

@Jarkes  
Silver Spoon was in the movie? I must add, IRL she’s quite pretty.
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

[screams in German]
Sally being roboticized will always be one of the best moments of the Archie Sonic series. Like seriously, that twist is so amazing and fresh, I fell in love with the comic instantly.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
Wow I pretty much had that same thought, and posted something similar on this thread prior

Yeah. There are some very interesting parallels between both Sonic, Robotnik, and the James Marsden character that actually make it seem like there was thought put into it and that it wasn’t just a quick cash grab.

@Beau Skunky  
Huh, kinda sounds like the Batman/Joker dynamic.

Kind of, yeah!  
Yes, Sonic is kinda adorable. I recall, Yuji Naka (former head of Sonic team) was not to pleased with the “cuter” design though.
Judging from his expressions, Sonic still has his edge though.

Really? I don’t see why, it’s certainly an improvement from the original design. (I don’t think I need to remind y’all what that looked like…  
full  
…but I can’t help it, it’s so funny. XD)  
Silver Spoon was in the movie?

She was? Huh, I didn’t know that.
Jarkes
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@TheHappySpaceman

Robotnik also says he was himself an orphan (“Rub that in my orphan face, why don’t you?”).

@Beau Skunky

Naka can’t seem to make up his mind on these things (he didn’t like the initial movie design either).
Jarkes
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
Also, I wonder if Sonic’s “I hate mushrooms” line was a nod to the old rivalry between him and Mario.
Background Pony #36BF
The sequel is pretty much granted at this point. I mean, the movie is successful, Jim Carrey is ready to play the part once again and the Tails scene after the credits, pretty much scream “the sequel is coming” all over the place.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@Jarkes  
Oh, good point. Also, yeah, that is confusing. He goes back and forth on what he wants so much, I’d mistake him for a Sonic fan!

@Background Pony #C2C6  
I don’t know how they’ll do it, since the animation studio was shut down and the new studio will doubtlessly have a very different look for Sonic and Tails.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide