Sonic Discussion

Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
Something kinda interesting I thought about with the Sonic movie is||how Sonic starts off isolated and alone with no friends or companions longing for a life like the people he sees in Green Hill everyday ends with him gaining friends and a family while Robotnik who has a ton of power and control over people and robots who do what he wants ends with him isolated and alone in another dimension with no friends or allies but a rock he named after his assistant. ||
Penguin Dragneel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
@Jarkes  
I think the other mandates are more worrisome. The “Sonic can’t lose” one is definitely a “no s***” mandate, but the other ones are just baffling at the least.
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
So, I just got back from the Sonic movie, and it was exactly as fun as I was expecting it to be. Jim Carrey was an absolute blast as predicted, Sonic himself was adorable (all praise the poor SFX workers who had to bring him to life after the botched original design), and it was just an all-around good experience.
It wasn’t high art, obviously, but it was a fun animated flick and definitely the best in the oddly large “Classic cartoon character in our world” genre.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
I don’t know how accurate the movie was to Sonic’s or Robotnik’s backstories, but at this point I care about Sonic lore about as much as the creators do. XD
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@TheHappySpaceman  
In fairness, neither character never had a set backstory in the games. Even the old Sega of America “orgin story,” and Disney Adventures comic orgin story aren’t canon.  
(Never really liked that orgin story of Eggman/Robotnik originally being a good scientist, until an experiment with the chaos emeralds, and a rotten egg went wrong.)

@Jarkes  

According to writer Ian Flynn, that “Sonic can’t lose” mandate doesn’t apply to minor losses, or temporary loses. Like say Knothole being destroyed in Archie Sonic #175, and Sonic losing (temporarily) to Eggman there, but coming back the next issue, and winning.

Ironically, during the “Sally gets roboticized” arc, fans were starting to get angry over Sonic not instantly winning, and not instantly getting Sally back to normal. (After complaining about how predictable the comic was getting. More irony!)  
Though, it’s a shame thanks to the forced reboot, they never got to resolve that arc properly.

@northern haste  
Really? Also, Gary Chalk was in an episode of MLP:FIM, and was King Hippo in the cornball classic “Captain N: The Game Master.”

@Penguin Dragneel  
Some mandates are understandable, while some are odd.  
I can actually understand the “Sonic can’t have a permanent girlfriend” mandate, because giving Sonic a permanent relationship with Amy/Sally/Mina/ect. would just piss off ’shippers for sinking their ‘ship.

There are some odd Sonic fans on DA trying to prove the mandates are a lie, and think the comic writers can do whatever they want.  
…They seriously don’t understand how comics work, especially licensed ones, based on a Japanese video game series.

@TheHappySpaceman  
Side note: Why are so many ex-Channel Awesome people so opposed to this movie existing?

Maybe ‘cause they didn’t get to cameo in it.  
Also, frankly they’re total hipsters.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide