Sonic Discussion

RogueBadnik
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

⌜Ω⌟
Anyone feel that Sonic X MLP crossover has lost interest since G4 has ended? I am not seeing much Sonic crossover content with G5 other than the connection of Hitch Trailblazer and James Marsden.
Well, MLP crossovers were very common during the series peak, and it simple started to die out. Not to mention, that crossover is rather… unpopular in this site.
pippalicious

#1 Pipp Fan/Roleplayer
Well, MLP crossovers were very common during the series peak, and it simple started to die out. Not to mention, that crossover is rather… unpopular in this site.
I also feel that it’s because the mane 5 personalities are in a way more fleshed out than the g4 ones. G4 followed stereotypes and developed them the same way Sonic characters are.
We got our speedster (Sonic & Dashie)
The nerd (Tails & Twilight)
And so on.
But g5 characters are a mixture of everything. So while we have a character like Zipp who’s a fan of being fast, she also enjoys the science and investigation behind things. She’s not a nerd or a daredevil.
Same thing happens with the rest of g5.
Plus, nowadays crossovers are becoming something “cringy” for a lot of folks.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
Anyone feel that Sonic X MLP crossover has lost interest since G4 has ended? I am not seeing much Sonic crossover content with G5 other than the connection of Hitch Trailblazer and James Marsden.
Rather disappointed that an official crossover of IDW Sonic and G4 MLP didn’t occur. Instead, that honor goes to MLP and Transformers.
I guess judging from that, and the lack of activity in this thread, the Sonic fans are dropping out of the brony fandom. Doesn’t help, some still think bronies hate them, even though the “Bronies against Sonic” drama died down. Ironically, many early bronies were Sonic fans.
I think a Sonic X MLP comic crossover by IDW was always unlikely honestly. Though, Sonic has crossed over with non-gaming material before, such as Progressive ads, and the CN show “O.K. K.O.” So maybe not impossible.
G5 isn’t bad, but it just hasn’t wowed pop culture, and online fandoms the way the Lauren Faust G4 era did.
Posted Report
FerrumFlos1st
Artist -

Patron of Sonic/MLP
I figured that as much. Sonic bronies losing interest by the time G4 ended. Same as me, where I haven’t started on G5 due to lack of interest. While not knowing the G5 characters, as I showed in search, there’s not much to compare Sonic with G5 as it did with G4. Not much in similarity like Sonic and RD being blue and cocky speedsters, Applejack and Knuckles being muscles, or magical plot devices in Chaos Emeralds and Elements of Harmony.
Also have noticed on how G5 hasn’t gotten a surge in popularity as it did with G4. Not sure why. Perhaps it’s the timing, economics, and technology. The last two involving a move of tv broadcasting to streaming services. Instead of episodes once a week on a tv channel like G4, here’s a whole season of G5 to binge on Netflix.
Posted Report
pippalicious

#1 Pipp Fan/Roleplayer
It has to do with many things. How G5 is written. Look, I love G5, and I respect it, but I admit some things can drive the bronies away from watching it, especially the biggest amount of them that are still stuck to the nostalgia of g4. I also think a big reason why g4 became so big, it was because it was created by someone with a big name already. Lauren Faust, wife of Craig McCracken, the creator of the Powerpuff Girls.
Lauren Faust did a revolutionary work with just two seasons. It changed MLP for everyone. It stuck out amongst the other girly shows and the past generations because it defied the stereotypes. G4 left a greeeeat path, and it’s something hard to replace.
G5 is great, and going on nicely, but it’s being overshadowed by its predecessor. A big thing that affects it is being connected to G4 too.
G5’s marketing was weird too. I’ve been here since the movie, and I remember having to wait so long for… a special? (HELL, we received crumbs for months! And those were the Instagram posts. Yep, not much toys, not anything. It was bad in my opinion.) Which said special now it’s like the first Chapter of the show? But then the second Chapter is 8 episodes (as of late) We don’t even know how this series is divided, because we aren’t hearing such things as seasons. Then there’s the external media too as TYT, and while these aren’t necessary to watch, they kinda are in the aspect of yourself asking things like: “oh, where did Zipp get this?” “oh, she got it from episode (insert ep number here) in Tell your Tale” “What? That webseries I rejected watching because of the ugly art style?”
Continuing from this, a huge thing that affects exposure is the streaming service format. And I’ll always stand by this… Especially for animated shows, it’s for the best for episodes to be released weekly. It lets fans to talk and spread the word about the episode for a week, spoilers are EVERYWHERE and you’re basically being fed content until the next episode appears. That’s also why Euphoria as a series became so popular. It decided to remain classic with the scheduling of episodes in their streaming format, making everyone talk about it, even your grandma!
Whilst with binge-watching, you watch them all in one go, you see a few posts but the fever dies down the same way it’s always been… A week. And this just makes an abrupt stop of discussion for people that aren’t really in the fandom.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
I heard a rumor Sally might come back in “Sonic Prime.” Apparently, the company making it has the rights to the old SatA.M. series, and owns D.I.C./Cookie Jar/DHX now.
If they do revisit the SatA.M., or Archie A.U. (or universe similar to them) I hope they pay respects to it, rather then decontruct/parody it.
Both because I like the old series, and because I don’t want the internet to explode with angry fans.
Though, it would be funny to see the tamer modern Eggman a little afraid of the insanely evil SatA.M. Robotnik.
SleepySteve
Duck - Believes in a quack for a quack. Not a fan of being civil to others.
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Apples and Pears
@Beau Skunky
Not sure if it’s WildBrain’s call. Even though they own SatAM series the characters outside Sonic, Tails and Robotnik/Eggman are owned by Sega of America (hence why we never see Sally or any of the characters in the Archie series in the games). If Sally does appear in Prime it will likely be because both Sega Japan and Sega America agreed to it (Sega Japan has some veto power over which characters can and can’t be used).
I’m curious as to what elements Paramount has barred since they own the movie rights to the franchise and likely doesn’t want Prime to undermine their value in any way even though there’s no connection between the two (they have that spin-off Knuckles show coming out next year; who knows if Prime is still running by then).
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@SleepySteve
Yeah, I wouldn’t hold my breath for Sally, (aside from a brief cameo) and the Freedom Fighters. Heck, they’re still not allowed in IDW. (And I’m not even sure how you can incorporate them, the Royal Acorn family, Mobotropolis, ect. Into the IDW canon frankly.)
I still see some paranoid conspiracy nut Sonic fans insist “the mandates don’t exist/Sega has no say-so to forbid characters, they can use whatever they want, bla bla bla…” even though there’s plenty of proof Sega does control what characters are allowed, and they don’t like mixing canons.
Hence why Sonic X characters only appear in the Archie Sonic X comics, and not the Archie STH or new IDW ones.
Cyborg_pony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

They look no different. Honestly, it kind of looks like they ripped the HQ Game models, except left a lot of pixels of Rouge. Reminds me when 4Kids erased her cleavage line.
Posted Report
Dr_Osaka
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
Holy sonic the new trailer for the Sonic Prime show looks amazing!
It looks like the show will be a blending the look of the Sonic games with the stories of SatAM & Underground (with a bit of Forces as well).
I’m looking forward to seeing how this turns out.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide