Sonic Discussion

northern haste
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Enter if you dare
I’m watching the deleted scenes on the Blu-ray and one thing I find a bit odd is that during the introduction scene with Jeff Fowler they don’t mention the fact that Sonic’s design can be drastically different to them.  
I know the redesign was big news but there’s bound to be someone that was unaware of it.  
The behind the scenes videos don’t seem to mention to either come on guys don’t pretend like it never happened. I know they’re not going to say that the executives force them to do it but surely they can bend the truth a bit
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@northern haste  
I have the BlueRay/DVD set too, I’m curious why they never mentioned the redesign at all. Even the redesigned trailer isn’t included.

Ben Schwartz did regard the “Uh, meow?” meme though in the commentary. They also said Sonic’s racecar bed was a nod to the Archie Sonic comics.
northern haste
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag

Enter if you dare
@Beau Skunky  
I don’t usually listen to commentaries.  
And they constantly show older designs even a design that I’ve never seen before in a massively unfinished shot in the bar scene with a unfinished and finished comparison and it makes it feel like they’re acting like just how he looks before the final render
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@northern haste  
And apparently, it’s not the “highest grossing video game movie worldwide” either. Surprisingly, it’s “World of Warcraft.” (I thought that one bombed?)

@northern haste  
The commentary with Fowler & Ben Schwartz is worth a listen though, and gives you more insight on the movie.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Don’t  
Not a WoW. fan, so I dunno who that is.

@LightningBolt  
Some game critics think “Sonic was never guud!” So some don’t even like the “good” Sonic games. (So no, there are no “perfect” Sonic games apparently.) I’ve even seen some people bash Sonic 1, and Sonic CD, and CD used to be considered the best game, then all of a sudden people started hating on it. (My only problem with it is, the Metal Sonic race boss level could’ve been better designed. And how you can’t play previous stages in save files even in the remake.)  
I’ve even seen “Sonic Adventure”-era fans bash “Sonic Mania” for being “too retro,” and not being “Sonic Adventure 3.”

Heck, I like Sonic Labyrinth, and I’m sure nobody here likes that. Everybody here seems to enjoy at least one “hated” Sonic game.
Penguin Dragneel
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
and also hinted that we might not see the last of Classic Sonic (either in collaborative projects like Sonic Generations, or in solo projects like Sonic Mania).

UGH…

Please, stop using nostalgia to carry the franchise. I want something new. Something fresh.

(Also can we not get Green Hill Zone AGAIN)
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ayriana
@Penguin Dragneel  
Well, it might be. But yeah, just saying Sonic Mania 2 could be alongside a new 3D game. And even if it’s not all original levels, at the very least they should do throwbacks to levels that have never been done.
Jarkes
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@Mikey

I kind of like it when they do throwbacks that aren’t directly named after the originals (like the many Green Hill throwbacks that aren’t actually Green Hill).
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
In fairness, the “returning stages” in Mania were so different, they practically were new stages, (Play Chemical Plant in Sonic 2, then play it in “Mania,” and tell me they’re the “same exact level.” I’ll even say I prefer the Mania one) and I liked the changes, unexpected twists, and new music remixes they had.

I like how Mania finally canonized the scrapped (yet featured in comics/merch’) “Splats” badnik.

Only thing I didn’t like about “Mania” is they advertise it as a “Genesis” game, yet the graphical effects, (like sprite rotation) color quality, low-polygonal 3D bonus stages, sound/music quality, and such are more like a 32-bit 2D lost Sega Saturn game.  
Not complaining, because I like that it’s more advanced then a Genesis game. (And considering everybody outside Japan remembers the Genesis, but not the Saturn, I can see why they went that route.)

@JasonRatana  
Not always, as sometimes really good players avoid it easily.

Love that they added Tikal.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide