Sonic Discussion

RogueBadnik
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

⌜Ω⌟
@Anonycat  
Yeah, I heard of that rule. In fact, doing that only made things worse. The shipping wars was so bad, that Ian had to make Sally to be just friends of Sonic and making her an unofficial lesbian for NICOLE
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@UserAccount  
@Anonycat  
@[Ω]  
Actually, that’s nothing new, Sonic & Sally aren’t allowed to be permanently together either, and Sega won’t allow that. Which might be why Karl Bollers had to break them up with the controversial slap, and why Ian had to subtly break them off too.

As for “Mobius 25/30 Years Later,” they only got away with marrying Sonic & Sally off, and other characters, because it’s only an A.U. or possible future.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Background Pony #FF52  
Yeah, I understand the “Sonic can’t have a permanent girlfriend” rule, because put Sonic with Sally, then Amy fans get mad. Put Sonic with Amy, then Sally fans get mad. Put him with anyone else, and fans are bound to get mad.

So maybe it’s for the best he’s not tied down in a relationship. Besides, Sonic was never meant to be a romance novel.
RogueBadnik
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

⌜Ω⌟
@Beau Skunky  
I am pretty sure that rule applies to every main character. Heck, Amy cannot even love another one except Sonic.  
Yes, romantic elements are not a good option to use for this kind of fandom, but still, using them actually makes the characters feel more real.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@[Ω]  
Granted, Knuckles was allowed back then, as Sega didn’t care what the comics as much as Sonic.  
That might be different now, after the legal incidents, and reboots.
Anonycat
Duck - "her mere existence is enough to put me in a quack mood, I might as well return the favor by quacking it around"
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Okay, I guess.
@Beau Skunky  
And even then, the comic made another alternate future arc only to hammer that Sonic’s future life as a family man had been retconned out but he still remembered the children he never had with Sally.
Don't
Thread Starter - One Piece Thread

Get up and Jump
@Beau Skunky  
Tbh I am kinda glad they weren’t allowed to mess with Official characters that much , seeing how akward it is to think that Scourge and Bunnie Fucked in the Archie canon it would have been more awkward if Official characters were more involved in Penders weird fetishy stuff, Knuckles overall Echidna family stuff is already too much
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Broken Adam  
According, to Ian nothing happened between Evil Sonic/Scourge, and Bunnie. And I’m just going to stick with that, whether it’s a retcon, or not. (Seeing how that happened before he started.) Besides, a girl like Bunnie probably has values, standards, and her own morals.

Seriously, what was Ken (or whoever wrote that issue) thinking?

@Anonycat  
That was when the future A.U. timeline got messed up, or something.
RogueBadnik
Non-Fungible Trixie -

⌜Ω⌟
@Beau Skunky  
Ken wrote that. It was in fact the last issue where he was directly involved. Its considered to be the worst milestone issue because how badly Bunnie was handled in that issue.

And of course, Ian said that. He must say that, because confirming it could not be greatest idea to do. Did you know that Penders already confirmed it online by admitting that that’s the intention of the scene? That they had a one night stand? And proceed to blame all of this on Bunnie?

Yes, it got “retconned”, by just simply ignore that scene happened.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@UserAccount  
Wouldn’t be surprised if fans ‘shipped ‘em. lol

@Dr_Osaka  
That’s a pretty convincing animation. Legally, I don’t think they can adapt fan characters though.

But I admit, I have a soft spot for her, she’s adorable, AND evil!

@[Ω]  
Wasn’t just how bad Bunnie was handled, but practically all the characters, plus fans weren’t keen on that, “It was Evil Sonic pretending to be Sonic the whole time! That’s why Sonic was OOC!” plot-twist.  
In fact, Ian Flynn said that’s why they changed Evil Sonic into Scourge, (altering his personality, as well) so future writers couldn’t do that twistever again. (Same for the other anti-Mobius characters.)

Ken’s treatment of some female characters kinda show he’s not as “feminist” as he claims he is… That Bunnie bit is probably best left forgotten.

Speaking of which, Ken had the audacity to actually try to claim ownership of Scourge too, because he supposedly made Evil Sonic. (which is just a Sonic with sunglasses, and a jacket, so in other words, basically Sega’s character design) and he had nothing to do with Scourge’s redesign, as that happened after he left the series. (Scourge was made by artist, Patrick Spaziante) Though, Ken felt entitled, because he’s his by “association.”  
(Regardless, honestly Evil Sonic, and Scourge the Hedgehog are practically different characters design-wise, and personality-wise.)

That said, I didn’t really care for Evil Sonic, but I thought Scourge was interesting, as the only genuinely “bad” hedgehog in the franchise, and his desire to prove himself as more then just “Sonic’s counterpart,” and prove himself different/better was interesting.  
It’s like a recolor that doesn’t wanna be considered a recolor, which is clever. (Better then being a “Samecolor” though.)
Moving On
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

I spent all week watching Sonic Boom. It was good and I wished a third season was made even if it’s never going to happen. I should get back to watching Sonic Adventure 1 to catch up with the timeline.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide