Sonic Discussion

Rabidcabbit
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Since the Beginning  -

Touch Fluffy Tail
@Beau Skunky

Any company worth it’s salt that owned both of those franchises would love to abuse the Death egg’s existence to it’s fullest since they could parody star wars as hard as they like without repercussions
Anonycat
Duck - "her mere existence is enough to put me in a quack mood, I might as well return the favor by quacking it around"
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Okay, I guess.
If Knuckles is in the movie sequel, I really hope to see a scene where Jim Carrey goes full hammy on him to convince him that Sonic is the bad guy, as a setup for the mega hammy scene where Eggman mocks Knuckles for being a gullible idiot, just like the games and the comic has done.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Anonycat  
Me too, it’d be very in-character too.

@[Ω]  
They did bring it back in Sonic Forces, and the Archie series without drama. Though, some already mock Super Sonic as a “Super Saiyan wannabe/rip-off.”

People don’t seem to understand those parodies/references were intentional.  
When Sega/Sonic Team/S.T.I. were making the original “Sonic the Hedgehog 2” game, they wanted 2 obvious major pop-culture references, one Japanese, and one American. The Japanese pop-culture reference was Super Sonic, (DBZ) and the Death Egg was the American nod.
RogueBadnik
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

⌜Ω⌟
@Anonycat
Me too, it’d be very in-character too.
@[Ω]
They did bring it back in Sonic Forces, and the Archie series without drama.

Because at that point many people already knows about Sonic enough and has been follow it for decades.  
Now try to give that to someone who never heard of Sonic and probably will point out that the entire setting is a ripoff of Dragon Ball.
Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Sata Andagi!
@Littlecabbit  
Honestly it’s not like they haven’t already referenced Star Wars in the movie, he calls Longclaw “Obi-Wan Kenobi” pretty much.

Either way the Death Egg has been around pretty much since Sonic 2 so makes no difference to them
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Dr_Osaka  
It’s funny how a SW reference/parody, (and a DBZ one) have become actual “taken seriously” plotpoints in the game series.

Reference aside, not only was the Death Egg a mobile HQ for Robotnik/Eggman, but also a powerful, and dangerous weapon. Though, we never really get to see what it’s capable of, outside the comics, aside from in “Sonic & Knuckles,” when it’s eye blasters awaken the volcano in the Lava Reef Zone.
Jarkes
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@TheHappySpaceman

Apparently that was supposed to BE Super Sonic originally but then they realized that didn’t make sense since they hadn’t introduced the Chaos Emeralds yet.

I call it Kaio-Ken Sonic.
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@Jarkes  
That makes sense. But yeah, overall it was more intimidating and kickass than Super Sonic. There’s nothing like someone going full rage mode due to the power of friendship.
RogueBadnik
Non-Fungible Trixie -

⌜Ω⌟
full

This off panel is kinda sad if you know what issue comes from…  
#237, the last issue where we see Bunny until the reboot in #255
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Scrabbleman  
Naugus accidentally deroboticized her, when he was trying to get on the people of New Mobotropolis’s good side by trying to save her from something. (Though, he’s still a bad guy, he was just doing it for show.)

Y’know, I think Naugus was an underrated character.

Though, the reboot just had her go back to being half-robot again, so unfortunately they didn’t get to wrap up her sub-plot, and other things.
Anonycat
Duck - "her mere existence is enough to put me in a quack mood, I might as well return the favor by quacking it around"
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Artist -

Okay, I guess.
@Beau Skunky  
The infuriating part about the deroboticied Bunnie was how she immediately missed her robotic bits and became depressed because she wasn’t feeling “whole” anymore.

This was after years of constant angst over her half roboticed status and some old arcs about how her original robotic parts were slowly killing her, so she had 2 options: either remove her robotic parts and live the rest of her life as a cripple, or changing them for new, custom made parts and permanently lose the chance to ever be de-roboticed. So when she finally got what she wanted, the first thing she says is lament over mah robotic powers? Lol no.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Anonycat  
Yeah, that bugged me a li’l too, but maybe they intended for it for Bunnie to come to terms with being half robot later if she gets roboticized again, or something. Still, kinda felt like unnecessary angst.

I like how “Buns” her Anti-Mobius/Moebius counterpart became Moebius’s version of Omega basically, and she apparently joined Kintobor, the “good Eggman,” because he saved her life, and provided her the robot body suit to save her.
RogueBadnik
Non-Fungible Trixie -

⌜Ω⌟
@Anonycat  
Actually, Bunny felt worryness (not depressed and much less angst like you mention) and feared that she would become useless now since she lost her main powers to protect her friends and love ones. That didnt last thought, few pages later, Antonie comforts her and she decides to just move foward and save lifes like usual, no matter what. I cant blame her thought, she was the powerhouse of the team for a pretty long time. Turning from most powerful and useful team member to absolute helpless one really affected her. And her fear and helplessness got worse when Antonie went to a coma after saving her from Mecha Sonic.

Yes, she felt grief and fear about her cybernetics for a while. Her worst nightmare was that she some day would turn againts her friends. But as time passed, she managed to get used to it and live like that. She never was or felt like she was a crippling victim. There are in fact two or three issues that deals about Bunnie’s cibernetics, and how she decides to use them for good and without fear.

This kind of situation happens kinda frequently in super hero comic books, specially characters like Cyborg from Teen Titans. How you find this infuriating?

@Beau Skunky  
I loved that part. She basically turned into a non-lethal version of Omega.
Anonycat
Artist -

Okay, I guess.
@[Ω]  
Infuriating in the sense the character finally got what she wanted, but the current writer decided to add a big, annoying “BUT…” that screws up all the building up that led to that final payoff.

Since you mentioned comics, it’s as if Cliff Steele finally recovered his human body, and he claimed to miss being Robotman.
RogueBadnik
Non-Fungible Trixie -

⌜Ω⌟
@Anonycat  
Yes, she got what she “wanted”. But that happened by accident, she wasnt expecting it, and most importantly, she lose them at the worst possible time, with Eggman attacking the everyone at the same time, Mecha-Sally wreaking havoc, her husband in coma and one of the main villains about to take the keys of the city.

One needs to understand that Bunnie’s robot parts are both her greatest blessing and her greatest curse. If you can remember, in a very early issue, she actually got the chance to get rid of them, and gone back to normal, preventing any potential threat they could pose to her. But that would have meant she wouldn’t be able to protect her friends.

There’s no easy choice she can make here to keep her friends safe. If she wants to be a hero then she has to live with something that could put her life and her friends in danger at any moment and it’s literally half of her body.
Background Pony #B8F6
Jamming out to “Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed”.

Not sure why they didn’t call it “Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed”, but whatever. It’s fine.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Scrabbleman  
She was kinda cool… Though, it made alot of Sally & SatA.M. fans flip their schmitz though, and demand Ian’s head, and such… In fact, that’s how all the false “Ian hates SatA.M.” rumors got started. (Despite the fact, Ian is a SatA.M. fan, and used to get bashed by SatA.M.-haters for using said characters as frequently as the game ones.)

As a Sally fan myself, that made me realize Sally-fans can be just as bad as Amy-fans. (Though, I like Amy too.)  
Some only seem to care about Sonic & Sally smooching, and nothing else about the comic.
RogueBadnik
Non-Fungible Trixie -

⌜Ω⌟
@Beau Skunky  
Actually, the hate originally comes from how Ian started to gave Sally a lot of preference about shipping her with Sonic. It was noticiable when the cover from the issue #222 was released, and that also pissed off Amy fans. That cover is quite infamous for that.
Anonycat
Artist -

Okay, I guess.
@[Ω]  
Sega made Archie follow a series of orders set in stone about their game characters, and one of them was that Amy was never allowed to become anything more than a girl with a crush on Sonic.  
So the writers had no other choice but use Sally for anything that involved Sonic having a developing relationship with a girl, and literally had no way to please Amy fans from the beginning.

It was a dumb rule, but it was their IP, so what Sega said, stayed.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide