Sonic Discussion

Don't
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - One Piece Thread

Get up and Jump
@LightningBolt  
I once looked at an old discussion in some forum about the game and was shocked to see that most seemed to have loved it and saw it as an improvement from 2006

It feels like revisionism makes it sound less so
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@Broken Adam  
I was there at the time and everyone was praising Unleashed even more than they do these days. But now everyone says that it was ‘hated’ back then.

Where?
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@LightningBolt  
@TheHappySpaceman  
@Badheart  
@Broken Adam  
I’ve seen haters of “Unleashed,” but ironically they are mostly just those whom refused to play it, because “Sanik sux,” or because they hated “gimmicks” like the Warehog, or something. (I even saw some complain it has “sidescrollng” segments, despite other fans begging for those.)

I’ve seen some say they prefer the Warehog stages, and judging from all the fanart. even the Warehog has fans.

I’ve honestly never played “Unleashed,” so I have no opinion of it, but I really loved the “Night of the Warehog” animated promotional short. I hope more future Sonic games will have those, and I loved the Sonic Mania Adventures, and Sonic Team Racing shorts too.

Oh, they also made “Chao in Space.” lol (Who says the “Adventure” games get no love?)
Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
@Beau Skunky  
I personally don’t mind Sonic Unleashed, the Sonic segments are cool, Werehog modes have good platforming and at least is playable and not completely broken.  
I played the Wii version which has some differences from the PS3 and Xbox versions but is still good (though I do prefer the lobby exploration).
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@LightningBolt  
I guess, with the PS3 out, people were starting to ignore the PS2.

I don’t think it’s due to console bias, as I’ve seen more people bash Wii, and hardly ever PS2.
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ayriana
I honestly liked Unleashed. Even the Werehog. Also, 360/PS3>PS2/Wii, for both daytime and nighttime stages. I really enjoyed how much you could upgrade in the HD version and it feels like that was cut down in the PS2/Wii versions. Werehog had many more combos.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Background Pony #FF52  
I haven’t been able to see it due an extreme unfortunate string of bad luck.

Couldn’t see it the first week it was out, because I got sick.  
Couldn’t see it the second & third week, because my neice and her family went out of town. (I promised I’d takeher to it, she’s a big Sonic fan.)  
And now I can’t see it, due to car trouble (keep in mind the closest movie theater to me is over an hour away) and, because of the virus scare.

It’s like the universe doesn’t want me to see this movie… And I’m honestly kinda bummed about it, especially ‘cause it’s very rare for me to get a chance to go to the theater. (As most other recent movies I don’t care for.)
RogueBadnik
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

⌜Ω⌟
In the topic of Sonic Unleashed, when I first played with some friends, the first thing I heard from them is that the Werehog levels were boring, the Sonic levels were good, the Wii port was a poor version from the much better 360 port, and the final boss was epic as usual.
Penguin Dragneel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
@Mikey  
The 6th gen versions felt like trash to me. Never really understood why people tend to prefer it.

H***, IGN gave it a 7/10, 2.5 points higher than what they gave the 7th gen versions!
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@[Ω]  
I kinda doubt it, as they’re both based on generic badnik robot enemies, and both characters are kinda lost to time.  
If anything Sega will insist they use the more modern Orbot & Cubot whom have been Eggman’s comical robot sidekicks for quite awhile now, and they seem to prefer only the video game characters, and not the cartoon ones. (The IDW comics aren’t even allowed to use the cartoon characters, or “classic” era game characters like Ray, Mighty, Bean, Bark, Heavy/Bomb, or Nack/Fang.)

I think it’s likely the next movie will just be limited to a few game characters like Tails & Knuckles. They probably don’t wanna overdo the cast like Marvel & DC movies.

@[Ω]  
@Penguin Dragneel  
Some have their reasons. Like some prefer the Wii/PS2 version of “Unleashed,” because apparently the final stage isn’t as long/difficult.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide